CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ Audi TT tdi problem - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Solved ✔ Audi TT tdi problem (/showthread.php?tid=68924)

Pages: 1 2

Audi TT tdi problem - al70 - 13-09-2022

Hi all, I bought this 2009 audi tt 2.0 tdi recently,  I bought the car knowing that the dpf was at end of life although it was running OK, the oil/Ash level was off the scale,  seller told me it had a brand new turbo fitted recently,  which is obvious,  however,  I thought to myself,  hey drive on until the dpf fails and I'll limp home,  today the inevitable happen but in a different way than I expected,  I got a glowplug light and a low level oil light, I pulled in to check the oil level and it was fine, so I made off for home  to discover that I had no brakes,  the pedal feels like stone , I made it home but I'm baffled,  too tired to plug in vcds tonight,  I will first thing tomorrow,  any thoughts or  has anyone else had this problem? Cheers.

RE: Audi TT tdi problem - ROD-BENDERS - 13-09-2022

Broken servo, or front brake hoses need changing

My bet

RE: Audi TT tdi problem - al70 - 13-09-2022

I can't understand the brake failure,

Turbo faults with blue elm rod, brakes were fine before dpf failed

(13-09-2022, 19:42 PM)al70 Wrote:  I can't understand the brake failure,

Turbo faults with blue elm rod, brakes were fine before dpf failed

Melted servo vacuum hose ?

Quite possible rod, I'm worried about the oil light, my mechanic is 35 miles away, I explained the first post to him, I had bad reception where I was but he says he had this problem before, after that we lost signal, from what i could make out, he could connect the low oil pressure with the brake failure (rock hard pedal), I'll post scans in the morning, cheers all.

Some engines had an oil pump drive issue, the hex drive would round off and trash the engine.

A upgraded drive and pump was issued.

Br

Rb

Exactly what I've been told rod benders , LOL, and my mechanic has a solution, he had the same problem on a passat, so I'm i right in saying this problem is nothing to do with the packed dpf ?

Likely both 

thumbsup

RE: Audi TT tdi problem - aspy39 - 13-09-2022

has the oil issue cauesed a problem with the vac pump as they are oil lubricated, broken vac pump means no servo assistance

RE: Audi TT tdi problem - al70 - 15-09-2022

Vacuum pump failed, also the shaft for oil pump, (Rod) weird scraping sound from the back of the turbo, gonna put this 7mm Allen key in and see how it goes , I'll keep posting, , cheers.