CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Solved ✔ BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" (/showthread.php?tid=69281)

BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - remcar - 22-09-2022

In my personal car the following suddenly happened:

I got a message from BMW that my car had been removed from my Connected Drive account (which I did not request). I tried to add it again but this didn't work as the message in car never arrived. At this point I noticed that Connected Drive Services weren't working anymore.

I contacted BMW Connected Drive as my car has active subscription and they have added my car back but Connected Drive services still not working.
Option to Update BMW services is greyed out and says "Function currently not available".

BMW has sent ticket to Germany but so far it's silent sad

I looked for faults with Ista+ and I can see that in TCB module the Sim Card status is "Emergency calls only" whilst reception etc is good:

Has anyone seen this problem before or any recommendations?
Car is G31 from 2017 with NBT Evo ID6 and all worked fine before, subscription is still active.

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - szok11 - 22-09-2022

There are two options either BMW has blocked your SIM card or the ATM has been flooded. Have you checked the roof shark is not loose? or is there no water in the ATM controller? - A common case in the G series ...

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - remcar - 23-09-2022

I fear it's the second as I got the following back from BMW ConnectedDrive:

"Telekom has checked the SIM. Now the Service Partner has to make a reset of the Telematic ECU with a "steuergeraete_reset” using the diagnosis interface.

If it is not working the ECU is damaged and has to be changed."

I checked the sharkvin from the outside, it doesn't appear to be loose or anything. Do you know where ATM is physically located in G31 so I can check it? (reset module I have already tried from ISTA+ or you think it makes sense to run steuergeraete_reset which I presume needs to be done with ediabas ?)

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - Node - 23-09-2022

If you have ISTA you could look where it is in it by yourself wink Hint: it is just under the fin.

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - Fatalix - 23-09-2022

This is a known issue at CD. I called them and they told me there were 20 others in my country that called them for the same reason last week.
It has happened last week personally on my own G31 also, but it has provisions vin coded so thought that was why, but turns out that they experience serveral issues with sudden deactivations of Telematics in different cars without a reason. When trying to add my vin to my CD user, it says that my car is not supported for mobile sim connectivity.

Last i heard was they are working on a solution.

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - remcar - 25-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 17:05 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  This is a known issue at CD. I called them and they told me there were 20 others in my country that called them for the same reason last week.
It has happened last week personally on my own G31 also, but it has provisions vin coded so thought that was why, but turns out that they experience serveral issues with sudden deactivations of Telematics in different cars without a reason. When trying to add my vin to my CD user, it says that my car is not supported for mobile sim connectivity.

Wow that’s very interesting, do you have more details or a reference? Because I fear that if I bring to dealership they will blindly replace ecu and charge lot of money

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - Fatalix - 25-09-2022

(25-09-2022, 11:49 AM)remcar Wrote:  
(23-09-2022, 17:05 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  This is a known issue at CD. I called them and they told me there were 20 others in my country that called them for the same reason last week.

Wow that’s very interesting, do you have more details or a reference? Because I fear that if I bring to dealership they will blindly replace ecu and charge lot of money

Im sorry, i dont. I will update here when i get updated by support. They would return to me when discussed further with their technical support.

RE: BMW G31 sim card status "Emergency calls only" - remcar - 09-12-2022

Just to report back on this issue - ATM replaced and all working again!