CarTechnoloGY
Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: IMMO & LOCKSMITH (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega (/showthread.php?tid=6980)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - blax123 - 19-02-2018

Could someone explain a bit more detailed how to flash the 5.51 version on a 5.55 unit with another 5.55 unit. I saw the picture how to wire. Do I need external Power supply on the one which will be flashed or is USB Power enough? What do I have to select in X-Prog software to flash it? Where to select the fuse bit story? I'm new to this things. Would be very pleased.

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - TurboDriver - 01-03-2018

Anybody else have problem with this firmware 5.51? I have updated my Xprog but can't read BMW FRM3 with damaged eeprom D-flash is always 0

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - dil6222 - 06-03-2018

Hello all

Does anybody have 8pin eeprom chip read from working 5.55 unit?
smile

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - diman64 - 11-07-2018

(27-05-2015, 14:57 PM)Bimmeristi Wrote:  
(25-05-2015, 18:37 PM)raffy haddad Wrote:  
(14-05-2015, 13:32 PM)Vlado kljucar Wrote:  Because forum problem many thread was lost, here is instruction, sw and atmega dumps for reflash xprog to the 5.51 version enjoy

pass:cartechnology.co.uk

Dear vlado
Hi to you and to all the members
I have an xprog m v 5.0 and i tried to updated
To v 5.5.1 but i got the atmega dead so i changed
The atmega 64
And now whe i try to program it it always
Give ff ff in all lines on flash and eeprom
I tried with usbasp and extreme burner
And with mini prog tl 866a
Same result
Can you please advise
Thanking you in advance

TL866A owner here:

Here are the steps:

1. You do not need to remove the ATMEGA64A MCU or any pin from Xprog.
2. Make sure your connection from TL866 to XProg are correct. TL866 has only 1 ground output so you need to make sure you split the ground connection to XProg.
3. Once you've verify the connections are correct. Here the most important step. Make sure you supply Xprog with a 12V dc. If you don't do this, it will not work.
4. Open MiniPro program and set the "Interface " to ICSP port and make sure ICSP VCC enable is check.
5. Select ATMEGA64A @TQFP64
6. Click on Check ID icon, it should show you the chip ID, mine read "1E 96 02". If no Id are shown, recheck your connections.
7. If it successfully read the chip ID than proceed to the next step. We are now ready to program the ATMEGA64A
8. Click on "Code Memo" ===>File open ==> select the flash file Mr. Luis provide. After you select the Flash file, a next screen will pop up. Just make sure that "Code Memory" is selected. Now click ok.
9. Click on "Data Memo" ===>File open ==> select the eep file Mr. Luis provide. After you select the eep file, a next screen will pop up. Just make sure that "Data Memory" is selected. Now click ok.
10. Click on "Config" check only the following items:
"Fuse Low Byte" BOOLEVEL=0, BODEN=0, SUT0=0
"Fuse High Byte" SPIEN=0, CKOPT=0, BOOTSZ1=0, BOOTRST=0
"Extended Fuse Byte" None
"Lock Bit Byte" LB2=0, LB1=0
11. First Erase the chip
12. Than click on Program
13. If all goes well, you should see successful at end of the programming state.
14. Now disconnect TL866 and the 12V power supply from Xprog.
15. Open Xprog 5.5.1 program provided by Mr. Luis
16. Make sure you select the correct USB COM port under Option ==>Enviroment.
17. Click on Update
18. Once the update is complete, you should see a successful message at the end.
19. Done!

Not tested by me, but some members does. Use with own risk!

Hi friend,
I want to upgrade my old xprog v.5.3 to 5.5.1 luis andrè, but there is an point that is not clear, in the procedure to upload firmware, it's necessary an external 12v power supply is required, but I should connect also 5v power supply from USBasp via isp??

12v external + 5v power supply from USBasp?? together??
someone have the correct wiring??
photo or pdf??

thanks in advance

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - raffy haddad - 11-07-2018

With usbasp no need for 5v external power
Just pc usb and use connection as pdf for refladh atmega
Good luck
Edit when all go ok and update with luis soft
Don't need internet

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - zoro1 - 31-07-2018

I updatte my 5.0 tto5.51 luiss andre,work an year or two ,then try to write mpc5xx ext flash and have error writing.As i remember with 5.0 i madde one edc16 with ssucsess.I try to upgrade 5.51 to 5.55 ,but no sucsess and return on 5.51 L.Andre.For quik rework i maade standaart Aatmmel 10 pin port connected to at64 in xprog.Theerre is TWO GND SEPARETED in normal working condiccion and connected for programing Atmega64 in xprog

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - diman64 - 18-03-2019

(14-05-2015, 13:32 PM)Vlado ATM Chiptuning Wrote:  Because forum problem many thread was lost, here is instruction, sw and atmega dumps for reflash xprog to the 5.51 version enjoy

Hi mate,
I have just update my xprog box with luis andrè fw with USBASP ISP and AVR-eXtreme Burner programm, well after update I checked if box work but when I try to read an AT24C64 eeprom I receiving this error " Communication error" and also if I try to update xprog from programm the info show me only this data ( see photo) and button of update firmware is not active!!
someone can help me??

I'm very upset now!! 
may be is good for garbage now!!

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - dil6222 - 18-03-2019

(18-03-2019, 15:59 PM)diman64 Wrote:  
(14-05-2015, 13:32 PM)Vlado ATM Chiptuning Wrote:  Because forum problem many thread was lost, here is instruction, sw and atmega dumps for reflash xprog to the 5.51 version enjoy

Hi mate,
I have just update my xprog box with luis andrè fw with USBASP ISP and AVR-eXtreme Burner programm, well after update I checked if box work but when I try to read an AT24C64 eeprom I receiving this error " Communication error" and also if I try to update xprog from programm the info show me only this data ( see photo) and button of update firmware is not active!!
someone can help me??

I'm very upset now!! 
may be is good for garbage now!!
Hello try a different usb cable and retest if not maybe you will have to reflash see this: https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=39496 it will help as you are using usb asp smile

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - relly_boy - 09-09-2022

(27-05-2015, 14:57 PM)Bimmeristi Wrote:  
(25-05-2015, 18:37 PM)raffy haddad Wrote:  
(14-05-2015, 13:32 PM)Vlado kljucar Wrote:  Because forum problem many thread was lost, here is instruction, sw and atmega dumps for reflash xprog to the 5.51 version enjoy

Dear vlado
Hi to you and to all the members
I have an xprog m v 5.0 and i tried to updated
To v 5.5.1 but i got the atmega dead so i changed
The atmega 64
And now whe i try to program it it always
Give ff ff in all lines on flash and eeprom
I tried with usbasp and extreme burner
And with mini prog tl 866a
Same result
Can you please advise
Thanking you in advance

TL866A owner here:

Here are the steps:

1. You do not need to remove the ATMEGA64A MCU or any pin from Xprog.
2. Make sure your connection from TL866 to XProg are correct. TL866 has only 1 ground output so you need to make sure you split the ground connection to XProg.
3. Once you've verify the connections are correct. Here the most important step. Make sure you supply Xprog with a 12V dc. If you don't do this, it will not work.
4. Open MiniPro program and set the "Interface " to ICSP port and make sure ICSP VCC enable is check.
5. Select ATMEGA64A @TQFP64
6. Click on Check ID icon, it should show you the chip ID, mine read "1E 96 02". If no Id are shown, recheck your connections.
7. If it successfully read the chip ID than proceed to the next step. We are now ready to program the ATMEGA64A
8. Click on "Code Memo" ===>File open ==> select the flash file Mr. Luis provide. After you select the Flash file, a next screen will pop up. Just make sure that "Code Memory" is selected. Now click ok.
9. Click on "Data Memo" ===>File open ==> select the eep file Mr. Luis provide. After you select the eep file, a next screen will pop up. Just make sure that "Data Memory" is selected. Now click ok.
10. Click on "Config" check only the following items:
"Fuse Low Byte" BOOLEVEL=0, BODEN=0, SUT0=0
"Fuse High Byte" SPIEN=0, CKOPT=0, BOOTSZ1=0, BOOTRST=0
"Extended Fuse Byte" None
"Lock Bit Byte" LB2=0, LB1=0
11. First Erase the chip
12. Than click on Program
13. If all goes well, you should see successful at end of the programming state.
14. Now disconnect TL866 and the 12V power supply from Xprog.
15. Open Xprog 5.5.1 program provided by Mr. Luis
16. Make sure you select the correct USB COM port under Option ==>Enviroment.
17. Click on Update
18. Once the update is complete, you should see a successful message at the end.
19. Done!

Not tested by me, but some members does. Use with own risk!

hi.. is this applicable also for xprog-m5.84?

RE: Xprog reflash to 5.51 atmega - raffy haddad - 09-09-2022

5.84 is.newer from 551
regards