CarTechnoloGY
Unsupported [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B022 - 08 Oct 2018 - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Unsupported [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B022 - 08 Oct 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7023)

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - pdc - 27-04-2016

Hi Gini

is it possible to have a translation for jobname fields list on expert module like as an example : STEUERN_BOS_CODIERUNG

Thanks in advance

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - rollingstone83 - 28-04-2016

Hello Gini!
Software not working so far on Motorcycle K24(S1000RR)
You don´t have the time to make it run. That´s ok for me and
i will wait till it´s emplemented.
But can you give me an advice?: Dr. Gini shows correct Values on KL30 and KL15
with K-Dcan cable.
Do you know a way to make ISTA-D reading KL15 with K-Dcan Cable?

regards and thanks
rollingstone

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - Gini - 28-04-2016

Hi rollingstone83,
sorry, I'm really late for the motorcycles implementation

Since members are not contributing, I have accepted a special order which will help me buying the tools I need. So, please be patient, it's on my list

ISTAD reads the voltage from the ICOM as far as I know. Dr.Gini reads it from the car
So, I don't see how to make ISTAD reading the voltage with a K+DCAN interface

Hi pdc,
technically it's possible, but it's a huge investment in term of development time and money (approx. 3000€ per car family)

So, translation is not in my priorities at this moment

Hi mall,
it's quite difficult to say if the kms were manipulated via software

The only solution is to check physically if the ECUs were opened or replaced in comparison with the car production date

Hi st1,
CBS correction for E and F series is in my list. It should be available on the next Dr.Gini version

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - Know-Dice - 28-04-2016

Hi Gini,
Can you "point" me to the files that need translating, may be a joint effort by forum members could make a start...

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - Gini - 28-04-2016

Hi Know-Dice,
I don't believe that anyone is willing to invest so much time and do this entire huge job

I asked for contributions to help me buy some tools I need. I received 12 contributions for 6000 downloads

The reality is most of us are willing to take but not to give

Actual progress...

ECU dump (approx. 240 bytes/Sec)
[Image: B015_Dump_Ecu2.png]

CRC calculation (with the fantastic contribution of Mr.Revtor)
[Image: Gini_CRC.png]

WinKfp files combination (Program and Data to one Binary file)
[Image: Opa_Oda_To_Bin.png]

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - gbyleveldt - 29-04-2016

Gini, the stuff you showing above is genuinely useful for those of us that like to tinker. It's stuff I've been meaning to play with but unable to do due to lack of time.

Don't lose hope, your work is appreciated buddy.

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - Gini - 29-04-2016

Hi gbyleveldt,
thanks. No worries I will continue giving without receiving smile

The pity is working without the proper tools makes me loose a lot of time for implementing new functions

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - gbyleveldt - 29-04-2016

What kind of tools do you need? I have a fair amount of hacking stuff that I've put together myself - I don't mind sharing source if it'll help?

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - IZGOY - 29-04-2016

Dear Gini!You did a great job! Unfortunaly it for simple concepts and no more !!!!
Prg files and ipo, (as well as in the files of e-SyS) have bans on shift hours and replace the wine and the checksum in the inner boot loader!
it would be good to work without the use of tethers sends ediabas(eg transmitter program and DiagnoserRCP)!

RE: [Diagnostic] Dr.Gini - B014 - 01.04.2016 - Know-Dice - 29-04-2016

But can this be split down in to smaller pieces that several people can work on?

A different question... I don't get email confirmation from this board for either new postings or PMs is this a general problem or just me?

And which actual file need translating?