CarTechnoloGY
Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x (/showthread.php?tid=70296)

Pages: 1 2 3

Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - M11 - 15-10-2022

I have a question about installing a used virginized 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x.

Do I need to flash it with esys or is coding enough to make it work? Do I need to somehow write VIN to it?

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - Jartsa - 15-10-2022

coding with esys.

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - M11 - 26-10-2022

So I installed the used and virginized kombi. It booted up with red dot and 00000km reading.
Then I inserted cafd and coded it with esys. Red dot disappeared, but there is still a error "Service Indicator Not Available" and it adds 5km to mileage every time you cycle ignition.

If I start the engine a few times in a row, the "Service Indicator Not Available" error disappears and it displays correct service info, but as soon as I turn the car off completely and turn it on again, it displays the error again and shows 00000km for a few seconds.

I checked with esys transmitter readVIN command and kombi VIN is showing as:
VIN: <invalid> (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Should it have picked up the correct VIN with coding or is it normal that virginized unit will show invalid vin?

Should I try to flash it with esys?

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - davidoff86 - 26-10-2022

Do a writeVIN and put in the full VIN

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - juantg93 - 26-10-2022

I think that this kombi dont have your car vin

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - M11 - 26-10-2022

(26-10-2022, 17:06 PM)davidoff86 Wrote:  Do a writeVIN and put in the full VIN

How? 
I think I tried Expert mode > FSC-Extended > WriteDataByIdentifierVIN but it gave me a error if I remember correctly.

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - Michaelvinther93 - 26-10-2022

Its not virginised correctly

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - M11 - 27-10-2022

(26-10-2022, 23:19 PM)Michaelvinther93 Wrote:  Its not virginised correctly

It was bought virginised from ebay, so I have no idea how correctly that was done, but I assume the seller knows what he is doing.

Why do you think it was not virginized correctly? Should it accept new VIN using command WriteDataByIdentifierVIN?
Is there any point in trying to flash it with esys? Does that update VIN?

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - user_530d - 27-10-2022

The cluster is correctly virginised you only need add 6WB in vo and vo code cluster. No special things.
You can make Tal for reflash and inject cafd, maybe it helps.

RE: Question about installing a used 6WB Digital Instrumental Cluster in F1x - M11 - 27-10-2022

(27-10-2022, 06:19 AM)user_530d Wrote:  The cluster is correctly virginised you only need add 6WB in vo and vo code cluster. No special things.
You can make Tal for reflash and inject cafd, maybe it helps.

This car had 6wb from factory, so it has 6wb in VO. I did detect caf and vo coded it. This removed the damper dot, but it still adds 5km and displays the service info error every time you fully shut down the ignition.

Any ideas what I should try?
Is it normal that the vin is shown as invalid when checked with esys transmitter readvin command?