CarTechnoloGY
Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? (/showthread.php?tid=70368)

Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - tomay3000 - 17-10-2022

Hello,
I am new to this forum section,
I need to know in short how Mileage correction works, and how I can correct my Peugeot 406 Odometer back to its oroginal value, because my problem began when I tested a used odometer from another car then I restored back my original one, after that the mileage of my original odometer took the values of the tested one and stuck in that value.

I need a way to change the mileage to its original value.

NB: I am a good learner, a simle hint will guide me. I do have a rich background on EEPROM programing, I did a lot of computer Motherboard EEPROM firmware programing in the past. I do own Willem EPROM Programmer, MiniPRO TL866A USB Universal Programmer and Rt809h Universal Programmer. I don't know If they work!!!

And the most important question is where is the Mileage stored in?

TIA.

RE: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - Pentheus - 17-10-2022

In BSI and dash.

RE: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - tomay3000 - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 09:58 AM)Pentheus Wrote:  In BSI and dash.

If I understood correctly, it should be done in both BSI and dash.
Any software I could modify the dump with?

I am just preparing until now, I still don't know If my programers will work or not.

RE: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - Clusters - 17-10-2022

When you get the dumps, post them here and someone will correct them for you. Include the original and desired mileage.

RE: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - tomay3000 - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 10:20 AM)Clusters Wrote:  When you get the dumps, post them here and someone will correct them for you.  Include the original and desired mileage.

OK, thank you.
But sometimes you need to get your hands dirty to understand.

RE: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - Daniel_F1 - 18-10-2022

Put in the dashboard milage .......... and BSI 0.km(FF:FF...)

RE: Can anyone tell me or send me to a thread on how to correct Mileage of a Peugeot 406? - Diagcar - 18-10-2022

It all depends on how old the Peugeot 406 is.
Dash - BSi is after 2000, before you have a Sagem eep 93C46 or Jeager HC05 processor dash both without BSi.