CarTechnoloGY
problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug (/showthread.php?tid=73205)

Pages: 1 2 3

problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Fraizer - 29-12-2022

Hello all

i have an issue with my icom Next like i need to unplug it 1 to 2 times and plug it back and push ignion same number of time to finaly it dispaly  on ista+....

im using ISTA+ 4.29 i have this issue before the 4.29 too.

anyone already get that issue too ?

is an official icom next i bought directly from bmw, like about 3-4 years ago

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Node - 30-12-2022

You could just wait about a minute and it would appear anyway. Without all this fuss.

If you want it faster, you need to do something so you don't need to wait until it's internal DHCP server kicks in and/or computer interface get APIPA address (depending on your current setup). There are many potential solutions each with it's own pros/cons:
1. Set static IPs on both ICOM and computer.
2. Use DHCP server on your computer.
3. Use external DHCP server (like router).
4. Use whatever your fantasy allows which solves underlying issue.

I feel like this is now like 10th thread about the same issue in this forum, but too lazy to search.

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Fraizer - 31-12-2022

thank you for your help but i fault is defect, because when i get it, it was working always instantly...

maybe i had another setting in ista... and it was much better. id did nothing at this time on my computer or to the icom

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Hoborg - 31-12-2022

I have simmilar problem, ICOM next original used from some years and from begining sometimes not starded WiFi. After few disconnections when it start then working perfectly. The problem occurs with all original firmware.

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Node - 31-12-2022

Does self test indicate anything while it's not started?

(31-12-2022, 04:20 AM)Fraizer Wrote:  thank you for your help but i fault is defect, because when i get it, it was working always instantly...

maybe i had another setting in ista... and it was much better. id did nothing at this time on my computer or to the icom

Have you updated ICOM firmware? Old ones did not have internal DHCP.

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Fraizer - 31-12-2022

@Node i forget to say even i let it 5min it change nothing i need to unpluged 1 or 2 time and put ignition ON not only unplug/plug

i have this firmware on it ICOM-Next 04-22-20 and i have ista 4.29.

i understand today if i have old ista version i should not upgrade my firmware for exemple to the last firmware version the ICOM-Next 04-22-21... i read like i can update to this version only if i have ista 4.39.2

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - tintoverano - 02-01-2023

same here, but only happens when the weather turns cold and temperature gets below freezing degrees

all factory, latest fw

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - Fraizer - 02-01-2023

when is cold ? your icom next is from bmw ?

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - ferrum - 02-01-2023

You in vain think that this is the case in the firmware. I did a lot of with such problems and the reason for all was in the separation of microcircuits. Everyone opsolyutno also thought that the reason was in the firmware and asked to flash it, but the whole point is that after several turns on, the microcircuits heat up and a contact appears. Of course, I do not refute those cases when the user does not wait for the connection, but this should not take more than a minute.

RE: problem with icom next original dont display on ista at first plug - 4L3X - 03-01-2023

Try to Update your icom on the newest fw .
04-22-21 is the actual theat i found