CarTechnoloGY
EGR Delete Citroen C6 - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: EGR Delete Citroen C6 (/showthread.php?tid=73691)

Pages: 1 2

EGR Delete Citroen C6 - jtanner - 12-01-2023

Trying to save another of my Dads Shitroen’s from the scrap yard, amongst other easier issues, we want to look into egr delete remap. What hardware would I need to buy to do such a thing?

It’s a 2004 2.7 HDi

Any advice much appreciated. Trying to figure out if it’s worth buying the hardware and DIY to save some money

MTIA

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - Florimstuttgart - 12-01-2023

Kess V2 Clone Search on ebay, or galletto but galletto sucks to install and has a lot of bugs

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - jtanner - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 07:04 AM)Florimstuttgart Wrote:  Kess V2 Clone Search on ebay, or galletto but galletto sucks to install and has a lot of bugs

Many thanks - I shall investigate! smile

Dad was quoted about £350-£400 for remap, I'd rather spend the £85-£100 that they're showing up for on eBay (Clones) and DIY

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - zapdus - 14-01-2023

Hi
To read and write that ECU on OBD, you may need tool capable of virtual read, some version can not read on OBD
Or use BDM
This is for ECU siemens sid201

I did few SID201, I download virtual read and write
Last ecu I made didnt have virtual read, I got original from internet and killed ECU, had to take off and read in BDM, restore to original based on other file and car started

Then use OBD to write

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - jtanner - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 08:03 AM)zapdus Wrote:  Hi
To read and write that ECU on OBD, you may need tool capable of virtual read, some version can not read on OBD
Or use BDM

Last ecu I made didnt have virtual read, I got original from internet and killed ECU, had to take off and read in BDM, restore to original based on other file and car started

Then use OBD to write

It’s SID201 from what I see here.

Not sure what BDM is so will have a search later this evening when I’m back on computer.

Do you mean even just the READ can kill the ECU? What virtual read and write did you download ?

Edit: I already ordered KESS V2, but should I have ordered the KTAG instead?

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - zapdus - 15-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 13:13 PM)jtanner Wrote:  
(14-01-2023, 08:03 AM)zapdus Wrote:  Hi
Or use BDM

Then use OBD to write

It’s SID201 from what I see here.

Not sure what BDM is so will have a search later this evening when I’m back on computer.

Do you mean even just the READ can kill the ECU? What virtual read and write did you download ?

Edit: I already ordered KESS V2, but should I have ordered the KTAG instead?

No
It is not possible to read SID201 with KESS on obd, you can only ID and write
If you have correct virtual read file you can write and will work perfect
In my case I writed the wrong virtual read file and ecu locked, had to read on BDM, rebuild file and write again
Be careful because if you write wrong file car will not start and you will not have true read from ecu

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - jtanner - 15-01-2023

(15-01-2023, 13:00 PM)zapdus Wrote:  No
In my case I writed the wrong virtual read file and ecu locked, had to read on BDM, rebuild file and write again
Be careful because if you write wrong file car will not start and you will not have true read from ecu

Ahh damn it! I bought KESSv2 as first reply thought it would do it.
Is there any tool that will read via OBD? Or should I buy KTAG instead then? Or, How do I find correct virtual read file?

Many thanks for your input and info by the way

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - zapdus - 15-01-2023

(15-01-2023, 17:54 PM)jtanner Wrote:  
(15-01-2023, 13:00 PM)zapdus Wrote:  No

Ahh damn it! I bought KESSv2 as first reply thought it would do it.
Is there any tool that will read via OBD? Or should I buy KTAG instead then? Or, How do I find correct virtual read file?

Many thanks for your input and info by the way

Me or other people here can give you the virtual read if you post ID
But after you write, if file is not 100% correct for your tool and car it will not start
I would write virtual read on obd with kess or other yes, but I have tools to recover in case for some reason it doesnt start and ecu bricks

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - jtanner - 15-01-2023

(15-01-2023, 21:06 PM)zapdus Wrote:  Me or other people here can give you the virtual read if you post ID
But after you write, if file is not 100% correct for your tool and car it will not start
I would write virtual read on obd with kess or other yes, but I have tools to recover in case for some reason it doesnt start and ecu bricks

Ok, many thanks - Do I get the ID via K-Suite?  Do you mean ECU ID or do you mean the Vehicle VIN Number? I'm not sure what ID you're referring to

RE: EGR Delete Citroen C6 - X-treme - 16-01-2023

but why so much risk for 1 egr off? Go to someone with the right tools and be happy. If it goes wrong with china tools then you have to pay a lot more to fix it. Safest way to do these ecu's is through BDM port since you can't (real) read through OBD. But for bdm you need special bdm adapter or good soldering skills.