CarTechnoloGY
EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? (/showthread.php?tid=82397)

EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - xMoses - 20-08-2023

Ive changed the Miles and VIN on an 080D0WQ EEPROM. Everrything worked good. Except the car showed miles instead of KM, which was weird...

After putting it in to the car the cluster adjusted its milage to the car. Trying to code it: ECU REFUSED DOWNLOAD.

After then turning off and on the ignition the cluster showed 999999 miles.

Any advice ? Tried different position with EEPROM, right way and upside down but nothing changed. Is the EEPROm faulty?

I think the eeprom got corrupt while reading
It’s an 135i cluster with 080D0WQ.

I know these EPROMs are tricky to make a mile delete. But till now even if mileage delete didn’t work, I tried to set it to 10.000 km. That always worked. Don’t know why it’s not working this time.

RE: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - SINSET - 20-08-2023

Post here EEPROM.

RE: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - xMoses - 20-08-2023

(20-08-2023, 18:31 PM)SINSET Wrote:  Post here EEPROM.

(20-08-2023, 18:31 PM)SINSET Wrote:  Post here EEPROM.

Even swapping to 35080 eeprom, the mileage is correct, but if I read it out on bench it says no vin, which makes no sense since I also changed vin. If I read out coding data with bmw scanner on bench it shows FFFF

So I don’t think eeprom is bad, since with the other eeprom, error is the same.

RE: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - VasyaUA - 21-08-2023

Give the data on the car and the number of the instrument panel. More information

RE: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - Spitfire555 - 22-08-2023

(20-08-2023, 17:26 PM)xMoses Wrote:  Ive changed the Miles and VIN on an 080D0WQ EEPROM. Everrything worked good. Except the car showed miles instead of KM, which was weird...

After putting it in to the car the cluster adjusted its milage to the car. Trying to code it: ECU REFUSED DOWNLOAD.

Any advice ? Tried different position with EEPROM, right way and upside down but nothing changed. Is the EEPROm faulty?

I know these EPROMs are tricky to make a mile delete. But till now even if mileage delete didn’t work, I tried to set it to 10.000 km. That always worked. Don’t know why it’s not working this time.

Do you use clip or was the EEPROM desoldered?

RE: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - xMoses - 22-08-2023

(22-08-2023, 05:14 AM)Spitfire555 Wrote:  
(20-08-2023, 17:26 PM)xMoses Wrote:  Ive changed the Miles and VIN on an 080D0WQ EEPROM. Everrything worked good. Except the car showed miles instead of KM, which was weird...

Do you use clip or was the EEPROM desoldered?

Always desoldering

RE: EEPROM faulty after deleting miles 080D0WQ? - Diagmaister - 22-08-2023

Try find ori on the net and adjust the vin to yours and write it maybe works