CarTechnoloGY
IStep update for G20 using esys - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: IStep update for G20 using esys (/showthread.php?tid=82510)

Pages: 1 2

IStep update for G20 using esys - hallamnet - 23-08-2023

Hi All.

I have always been used to using ISTA+ updating my car's software/istep using sedoy's version but as is now a paid for offering, I am looking to use Esys.

Can anyone help me out with a guide how I can complete this or if there is a version of ISTA+ that I can use just to update the software.

I still have a working copy of 4.37.43 but the data is way out of date.

I have downloaded the PSDZ of 4.43.10 ready for use with esys but just want to find a guide how to carry out a complete istep update.

Thanks,

Hal

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - zero9 - 23-08-2023

You can also update ista psdzdata, but its not copy&paste.

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - DieStream - 23-08-2023

I put the latest psdzdata in the ista folder and update my g20 with ista without any problems.

If you use esys to update ur g20 then, delete psdzdata folder in C:\Data\psdzdata, start cmd with admin and put:
mklink C:\Data\psdzdata C:\EC-Apps\ISTA\psdz\data_swi\psdzdata

Then Esys use the same folder like ISTA

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - hallamnet - 23-08-2023

Thanks for the replies regarding this. I used a symbolic link in the past and will definitely do it this time as well. zero9 has given me some more information and I am just going to give this a try now. I have downloaded the full version of the latest psdzdata v4.43.10_PSdZData and now going to cut out the old folder and place the new version in it's place along with some reg key updates. I will advise how this went once all has finished extracting.

(23-08-2023, 20:14 PM)hallamnet Wrote:  Thanks for the replies regarding this. I used a symbolic link in the past and will definitely do it this time as well. zero9 has given me some more information and I am just going to give this a try now. I have downloaded the full version of the latest psdzdata v4.43.10_PSdZData and now going to cut out the old folder and place the new version in it's place along with some reg key updates. I will advise how this went once all has finished extracting.

Do you disable App_check in ISTA? Do you use Full oder lite psdzdata?

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - hallamnet - 23-08-2023

Looks like the move over of the new psdz folder and reg keys have worked as the application is loading with no errors. Just need to try on the car; that will be tomorrows job!

Thanks very much Zero9 for the PM's. It really has helped!

In the past, I have used Sedoy's installer and the ISTA Console to install the istapackage files. This was the only way I knew how to install and when Sedoy stopped the released due to people profiting off of his work, I gave up for a while and now want to get back in to the updating of my software and coding my G20.

Will be purchasing Bimmer Utility over the next few days as my EsysX install has finally died as the Ispihost admin service will no longer start due to a window 22h2 update.

DieStream, These are the options for my install: -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\ISTA]
"ProductVersion"="4.37.43.23791"
"MainProductVersion"="4.37"
"DataVersion"="4.37.40"
"DataVersion_en-GB"="4.37.40"
"LogisticBaseVersion"="4.43.10"
"InstallLocation"="c:\\Rheingold"
"SWIData"="4.43.10"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\Rheingold]
"BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.App.DoInitialDatabaseConnectionCheck"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.ExpertMode"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.Enabled"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.PsdzDataPath"="..\\..\\..\\PSdZ\\data"
"BMW.Rheingold.Diagnostics.VehicleIdent.ReadFASTAData"="False"
"BMW.Rheingold.RheingoldSessionController.FASTATransferMode"="None"
"BMW.Rheingold.VehicleIdentification.TypeKeyIdentEnabled"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.OnlineMode"="False"
"BMW.Rheingold.Diagnostics.EnableRsuProcessHandling"="False"
"BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.Dialogs.AdministrationDialog.ShowPTTSelection"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.TRICZentralActive"="False"
"EnableRelevanceFaultCode"="False"
"DebugLevel"="9"

(23-08-2023, 20:52 PM)hallamnet Wrote:  Looks like the move over of the new psdz folder and reg keys have worked as the application is loading with no errors. Just need to try on the car; that will be tomorrows job!

Thanks very much Zero9 for the PM's. It really has helped!

In the past, I have used Sedoy's installer and the ISTA Console to install the istapackage files. This was the only way I knew how to install and when Sedoy stopped the released due to people profiting off of his work, I gave up for a while and now want to get back in to the updating of my software and coding my G20.

Will be purchasing Bimmer Utility over the next few days as my EsysX install has finally died as the Ispihost admin service will no longer start due to a window 22h2 update.

DieStream, These are the options for my install: -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BMWGroup\ISPI\ISTA]
"ProductVersion"="4.37.43.23791"
"MainProductVersion"="4.37"
"DataVersion"="4.37.40"
"DataVersion_en-GB"="4.37.40"
"LogisticBaseVersion"="4.43.10"
"InstallLocation"="c:\\Rheingold"
"SWIData"="4.43.10"

"BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.App.DoInitialDatabaseConnectionCheck"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.ExpertMode"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.Enabled"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.Programming.PsdzDataPath"="..\\..\\..\\PSdZ\\data"
"BMW.Rheingold.Diagnostics.VehicleIdent.ReadFASTAData"="False"
"BMW.Rheingold.RheingoldSessionController.FASTATransferMode"="None"
"BMW.Rheingold.VehicleIdentification.TypeKeyIdentEnabled"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.OnlineMode"="False"
"BMW.Rheingold.Diagnostics.EnableRsuProcessHandling"="False"
"BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.Dialogs.AdministrationDialog.ShowPTTSelection"="True"
"BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.TRICZentralActive"="False"
"EnableRelevanceFaultCode"="False"
"DebugLevel"="9"

You need this parameter in your registry:

"BMW.Rheingold.Database.CheckAppVersion.Enabled"="false"

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - hallamnet - 24-08-2023

Thanks very much for the info. I have now added this in to my registry.

Shortly will be testing on the car so lets se how it all goes.

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - hallamnet - 24-08-2023

So I have given this a test and go the below error: -

The connected vehicle has an unknown data status (plant I level: S18A-19-03-548, actual I level: S18A-23-03-540).
This cannot be addressed with ISTA.
Make sure that the latest version of the programming data (service data package or service data package motorcycle) is installed.
If the error repeatedly recurs after updating the programming data, contact market support.

Last time the car had a software update was by the dealer earlier this year.

I had a fully working ISTA from the Sedoy install using data version: - 4.40.50 and program version: - 4.37.43.23791.

Only change i have made is renaming the old PSDZdata to .old here: - C:\Rheingold\PSdZ\data_swi and past in the newer version and changed the following reg keys to try and accept is: - SWIdata and LogisticeBaseVersion as per the previously posted reg data.

This is as much info as I can give.

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hal

RE: IStep update for G20 using esys - DieStream - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 13:02 PM)hallamnet Wrote:  So I have given this a test and go the below error: -

The connected vehicle has an unknown data status (plant I level: S18A-19-03-548, actual I level: S18A-23-03-540).
This cannot be addressed with ISTA.
Make sure that the latest version of the programming data (service data package or service data package motorcycle) is installed.
If the error repeatedly recurs after updating the programming data, contact market support.

Last time the car had a software update was by the dealer earlier this year.

I had a fully working ISTA from the Sedoy install using data version: - 4.40.50 and program version: - 4.37.43.23791.

Only change i have made is renaming the old PSDZdata to .old here: - C:\Rheingold\PSdZ\data_swi and past in the newer version and changed the following reg keys to try and accept is: - SWIdata and LogisticeBaseVersion as per the previously posted reg data.

This is as much info as I can give.

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hal

4.40.50 is too old.
Download 4.43.10 psdzdata and try again.