CarTechnoloGY
ISPI NEXT TOOL - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: ISPI NEXT TOOL (/showthread.php?tid=8383)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - racooper3 - 15-07-2015

tears I am about to give up on getting this installed. I installed Win 7 Pro 64 bit on a new hard drive. I updated all the Windows updates, including Windows .Net Framework 3.5.1 and 4.5.2. I keep getting error message on ISTA/D: DSS #00046632EN. I have used the beta 3 ISPI Next and clicked the Fix button for this error but no resolution to this problem. I am going to uninstall all the ISTA programs and start over. Any one have any suggestions on how to install this and get it to work. I followed Sangandi's instructions to the letter. I even updated the config file for the Insta_plus for my USB cable. I am so over this software and ready to pay someone a small fee to install it remotely for me.

Please help.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - DICKHILL - 15-07-2015

(14-07-2015, 19:39 PM)PhilipM Wrote:  
(14-07-2015, 17:46 PM)DICKHILL Wrote:  I have now found the SQL DBs in the BIGPACK.exe-file, but I can only find 3?
"streamdataprimitive_OTHER.sqlite", "DiagDocDb.sqlite" & "xmlvalueprimitive_OTHER.sqlite"
Should there be more that 3?

There is another .exe in the install pack, "languagepack" where you found the BIGPACK.exe.
Look in there, and you will see the other .sqlite DB's

I used 7zip to extract the bigpack.exe and language pack to my desktop, then 7z to open the .exe's and extract the databases to the correct folder, and then you need to unpack the databases individually one more time.

I managed to find the ones in the language file..
But that only gives me 9 files.
And there are 10 in the SQLiteDBs.rar I found from another source.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - PhilipM - 15-07-2015

In my install (Win7 x64), there was one DB already in the folder, and the others all had to be manually imported.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - PhilipM - 15-07-2015

I still get this error on starting-

The System cannot find the file specified-
Details-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button47_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick()
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button45_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button44_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button43_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button42_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button41_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button52_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BMW_ISPI_NEXT.Form2.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The JIT debugging button does not fix this, what would I need to do manually to check if the fix is applied?

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - DICKHILL - 15-07-2015

(15-07-2015, 12:20 PM)PhilipM Wrote:  In my install (Win7 x64), there was one DB already in the folder, and the others all had to be manually imported.

When you write that, it sounds correct that there already was one DB file in the folder, after install.

About my install problems on my Win 8.1 laptop...
I now got 4GB memory installed and have 3GB available, since it is 32bit (64bit machine) and the install continues..
So the problem was memory.!
But I can't tell if the requirements is 3 or 4GB.

ISPI NEXT TOOL - ntuner - 15-07-2015

(15-07-2015, 22:34 PM)DICKHILL Wrote:  
(15-07-2015, 12:20 PM)PhilipM Wrote:  In my install (Win7 x64), there was one DB already in the folder, and the others all had to be manually imported.

When you write that, it sounds correct that there already was one DB file in the folder, after install.

About my install problems on my Win 8.1 laptop...
I now got 4GB memory installed and have 3GB available, since it is 32bit (64bit machine) and the install continues..
So the problem was memory.!
But I can't tell if the requirements is 3 or 4GB.

It's 3Gb

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - racooper3 - 16-07-2015

(25-06-2015, 00:57 AM)chriscom Wrote:  You have no Databases in your "SQLiteDBs" Folder.

You must extract in manualy

What databases do I move to this folder, SQLiteDBs ?

Update: reread posts 33 and 39. Working now. Thanks.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - BBA.WANG - 16-07-2015

Thx very much,can i download the packages by FTP?

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - racooper3 - 16-07-2015

(27-06-2015, 07:50 AM)nino17 Wrote:  You just need to insert manually ... all SQLiteDBS
underunderunder

Thank you nino17. This was not intuitive. The pictures helped and I believe the another poster stated that the package file needed to be unpacked to get to these files. I think I am on the road to success now.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - DICKHILL - 16-07-2015

I'm back! :P

Does anyone know why I can't start ISTA/P through the Beta 3 Tool?
When I try, I get an JIT error from .NET Framework (Don't have the exact error at the moment)
But if I start ISTA/P through the ISPI Next Tool (1st. version), it starts fine? (also in Expert mode)

And have anyone updated their ISTA/P with the "BMW_ISPI_ISTA-P_SYS_3.56.1.002.msi" file?
Everything looks fine and I think it runs all the way to the end of the installation like it should.
But then it comes up with an message about the has installation ended.
I haven't been staring at the laptop the entire time, but instead connecting to it through TeamViewer, since i was at work and the laptop was at home.
(I'm home now, so I have started the update again and I will post the error when it's done!)

UPDATE:
This is what i mean when i said that it look like it runs all the way...
(Didn't see if it reaches "Prepare installation" or "Installation of ISTA/P ISPI Next"!)
[Image: ISTA_P_1.png]

And this is what I see when the installation ends..
[Image: ISTA_P_2.png]