CarTechnoloGY
ISPI NEXT TOOL - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: ISPI NEXT TOOL (/showthread.php?tid=8383)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - gmros - 16-07-2015

I have a problem with ista/d. everything goes fine until you try to identify your car. then you can see your icom in the list, you check it, but the button set conection is greyed out and you can't click it.
any advice?

ISPI NEXT TOOL - ntuner - 16-07-2015

(16-07-2015, 19:36 PM)gmros Wrote:  I have a problem with ista/d. everything goes fine until you try to identify your car. then you can see your icom in the list, you check it, but the button set conection is greyed out and you can't click it.
any advice?

Update firmware

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - gmros - 16-07-2015

(16-07-2015, 19:51 PM)ntuner Wrote:  
(16-07-2015, 19:36 PM)gmros Wrote:  I have a problem with ista/d. everything goes fine until you try to identify your car. then you can see your icom in the list, you check it, but the button set conection is greyed out and you can't click it.
any advice?

Update firmware

icom's firmware?

ISPI NEXT TOOL - ntuner - 16-07-2015

(16-07-2015, 19:53 PM)gmros Wrote:  
(16-07-2015, 19:51 PM)ntuner Wrote:  
any advice?

Update firmware

icom's firmware?
Yes there's new firmware in 3.50

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - DICKHILL - 16-07-2015

(15-07-2015, 12:20 PM)PhilipM Wrote:  In my install (Win7 x64), there was one DB already in the folder, and the others all had to be manually imported.

You were right! (:
There was already one DB file (DiaUpdate.sqlite) in the folder.
So I got 10 in the folder now and it looks like it works.

Now I just have to be patient (is what ISTA tells me) to see if it starts up properly. tired

UPDATE:
It works! ^_^
So now I just have to test if I can connect to my cars.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - jal1234 - 16-07-2015

(16-07-2015, 18:30 PM)DICKHILL Wrote:  I'm back! :P

Does anyone know why I can't start ISTA/P through the Beta 3 Tool?
When I try, I get an JIT error from .NET Framework (Don't have the exact error at the moment)
But if I start ISTA/P through the ISPI Next Tool (1st. version), it starts fine? (also in Expert mode)

And have anyone updated their ISTA/P with the "BMW_ISPI_ISTA-P_SYS_3.56.1.002.msi" file?
Everything looks fine and I think it runs all the way to the end of the installation like it should.
But then it comes up with an message about the has installation ended.
I haven't been staring at the laptop the entire time, but instead connecting to it through TeamViewer, since i was at work and the laptop was at home.
(I'm home now, so I have started the update again and I will post the error when it's done!)

UPDATE:
This is what i mean when i said that it look like it runs all the way...
(Didn't see if it reaches "Prepare installation" or "Installation of ISTA/P ISPI Next"!)
[Image: ISTA_P_1.png]

And this is what I see when the installation ends..
[Image: ISTA_P_2.png]

I have the same problem with the update. Haven't been able to find a way around it. Hope the author of the tool checks in soon.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - BMW888 - 17-07-2015

(16-07-2015, 23:16 PM)jal1234 Wrote:  
(16-07-2015, 18:30 PM)DICKHILL Wrote:  I'm back! :P

Does anyone know why I can't start ISTA/P through the Beta 3 Tool?
When I try, I get an JIT error from .NET Framework (Don't have the exact error at the moment)
But if I start ISTA/P through the ISPI Next Tool (1st. version), it starts fine? (also in Expert mode)

And have anyone updated their ISTA/P with the "BMW_ISPI_ISTA-P_SYS_3.56.1.002.msi" file?
Everything looks fine and I think it runs all the way to the end of the installation like it should.
But then it comes up with an message about the has installation ended.
I haven't been staring at the laptop the entire time, but instead connecting to it through TeamViewer, since i was at work and the laptop was at home.
(I'm home now, so I have started the update again and I will post the error when it's done!)

UPDATE:
This is what i mean when i said that it look like it runs all the way...
(Didn't see if it reaches "Prepare installation" or "Installation of ISTA/P ISPI Next"!)
[Image: ISTA_P_1.png]

And this is what I see when the installation ends..
[Image: ISTA_P_2.png]

I have the same problem with the update. Haven't been able to find a way around it. Hope the author of the tool checks in soon.
You have to revert expert mode to normal mode. Or you have wrong wrong data package checksum.

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - racooper3 - 17-07-2015

Is there any additional software requirement needed on my laptop? I loaded everything and ISTP D wont connect with my USB > OBDII cable. I go into VCI setup and select the USB connection and save. I even updated that rhinegold config file to say "ISTA_PLUS" I am still not able to communicate with my car through USB cable. I am loading INPA now to see if I can get that to work.

BMW makes this software as complicated as their cars so you give up trying to install it.

Okay. I am toasted on this after 3 nights in a row. tears What is going to take in Paypal donation dontknow to this site to get someone to get me up and running on ISTA/D and ISTA/P with a USB OBDII cable.

ISTA/D load just fine but cannot get the comm cable to work. ISTA/P won't even start, just bombs out.

ISPI NEXT TOOL - ntuner - 17-07-2015

(17-07-2015, 01:43 AM)racooper3 Wrote:  Is there any additional software requirement needed on my laptop? I loaded everything and ISTP D wont connect with my USB > OBDII cable. I go into VCI setup and select the USB connection and save. I even updated that rhinegold config file to say "ISTA_PLUS" I am still not able to communicate with my car through USB cable. I am loading INPA now to see if I can get that to work.

BMW makes this software as complicated as their cars so you give up trying to install it.

Okay. I am toasted on this after 3 nights in a row. tears What is going to take in Paypal donation dontknow to this site to get someone to get me up and running on ISTA/D and ISTA/P with a USB OBDII cable.

ISTA/D load just fine but cannot get the comm cable to work. ISTA/P won't even start, just bombs out.

For ista d install standard tools and configure ediabas correctly to match the same com port as device manager. And enable ISTA_PLUS
The short answer for ista p you need to use icom.. Get a Chinese one they are cheap these days

RE: ISPI NEXT TOOL - racooper3 - 17-07-2015

Thanks ntuner. I am installing INPA/EDIABAS now. I checked the ediabas.ini with the configurator applications and it says Interface=STD:OBD. I have also picked the USB OMITEC in ISTA/D. trying in car in just a minute. I can't seem to let go of my TIS so reinstalling that now.