CarTechnoloGY
Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding (/showthread.php?tid=84964)

Pages: 1 2

Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - HU_man - 30-10-2023

Hi,
Purchased this ethernet-oabr cable, i want to try coding nbt evo onbech without zgw. 

Laptop set static ip 169.254.199.100 | 255.255.0.0; 
Esys connect tcp://169.254.199.99:6801

I can ping 169.254.199.99

But can not see nbt2 ecu on esys, please correct what im wrong.

Thank you.

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - user_530d - 30-10-2023

Your HU is waked up and running?

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - HU_man - 30-10-2023

user_530d dateline='[url=tel:1698683744' Wrote:  1698683744[/url]']
Your HU is waked up and running?
Yes, i often code/flash evo onbench using zgw2/obd/enet cable but this time i try another way to learn.

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - ruben_17non - 30-10-2023

Try first start laptop and connect OBD wire after
Unlock car, plug obd and ignition

And better use ip .97

And in gateway in ip configuration put .99 ip

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - HU_man - 30-10-2023

ruben_17non dateline='[url=tel:1698685069' Wrote:  1698685069[/url]']
Try first start laptop and connect OBD wire after
Unlock car, plug obd and ignition

And better use ip .97

And in gateway in ip configuration put .99 ip
This cable from laptop ethernet to oabr directly, and evo on bench bro.
Tried but not luck sad

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - emhtuning - 31-10-2023

Who's waking up the headunit ?? ( I am asking because you didn't mention your full setup ) . Ping works for few minutes after providing power , even if the headunit is in sleep mode .

the cable you bought doesn't send wakeup signal to the headunit if you connect it to the PC , such cables are useful for people who retrofit EVO headunits in E-series for easy coding without running Ethernet to OBD2 port.

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - HU_man - 31-10-2023

emhtuning dateline='[url=tel:1698737546' Wrote:  1698737546[/url]']
Who's waking up the headunit ?? ( I am asking because you didn't mention your full setup ) . Ping works for few minutes after providing power , even if the headunit is in sleep mode .

the cable you bought doesn't send wakeup signal to the headunit if you connect it to the PC , such cables are useful for people who retrofit EVO headunits in E-series for easy coding without running Ethernet to OBD2 port.
I have can emulator wake up evo.

I have enough bench setup to code/flash nbt2 with zgw2 and obd everyday. So this way familiar with me.

I try another way laptop (enet) to oabr directly or with zgw1 for learning purpose then code on E series.

Thank you.

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - emhtuning - 31-10-2023

it doesn't hurt if you also test the cable you have bought with the multimeter , make sure it is properly made and the pin assignment it also correct.

Also I just checked my home made harness , I have 1k Ohm resistor connected from one side to the Pin 29 on the quadlock and 12v to the other side . this pin called Ethernet-Activation . I don't remember exactly why i have this resister installed as I have it like that since years. Maybe I had a similar problem at that time .

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - HU_man - 31-10-2023

T
emhtuning dateline='[url=tel:1698744740' Wrote:  1698744740[/url]']
it doesn't hurt if you also test the cable you have bought with the multimeter , make sure it is properly made and the pin assignment it also correct.

Also I just checked my home made harness , I have 1k Ohm resistor connected from one side to the Pin 29 on the quadlock and 12v to the other side . this pin called Ethernet-Activation . I don't remember exactly why i have this resister installed as I have it like that since years. Maybe I had a similar problem at that time .
I can ping 169.254.199.99 i think cable is good.
1k resistor as far i know only use for NBT.
My issue is NBT2 sad

RE: Direct Ethernet to OABR cable for nbt evo coding - pshoey - 02-11-2023

This is a pointless thread - coding is NOT done over ethernet - OABR plays no part in coding - coding is ALWAYS done over CAN on F/G series - hence you should connect ethernet to GW which in turn has CAN connected to EVO