CarTechnoloGY
where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) (/showthread.php?tid=86277)

Pages: 1 2

where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - ruben_17non - 05-12-2023

hello
just i buy one 6WB kombi of F10 but not work comes from flood car.

Im looking and PCB of signal are "same" as my other kombi of f10 M5, only any connectors and other components are different but not is difficult swap.

i want flash M5 6wa PCB as 6WB is possible?

In 160WT eeprom or in near soic8 have HWEL number or this is in MCU???

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - BMWzone - 05-12-2023

Yes HWEL number it's inside MCU.
I attach the reading of an MCU Fxx

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - ruben_17non - 05-12-2023

You read with vvdiprog?
Have pinout of MCU in pcb?
This mcu can be read but write maybe not?

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - BMWzone - 05-12-2023

Desoldered chip, I haven’t pinout for PCB

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - ruben_17non - 05-12-2023

(05-12-2023, 22:09 PM)BMWzone Wrote:  Desoldered chip, I haven’t pinout for PCB

You know if this MCU can be writen?

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - jonny81 - 05-12-2023

6wa can be written without problems

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - Jumper - 05-12-2023

I have a pinout. I have backups of delivery speedometers. A programmed speedometer has a software lock. Back then I broke two 6WBs on my project. I won't be sharing the pinout any time soon

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - Mwahab - 06-12-2023

You need to identify the MCU type
Search for it in vvdi MCUs
If you are lucky it should be there
Trace the points from mcu legs to nearest pcb soldering points. (If its non bga)
Try to read.
If its ok to handle losses you are good to go, if not, don’t touch it smile
I understand why some people don’t share these schemes, because it really takes alot of time and effort.
Sometime you work alot and u don’t reach anything, or end up with non profitable or non interesting findings.

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - user0086 - 06-12-2023

(05-12-2023, 22:43 PM)Jumper Wrote:  I have a pinout. I have backups of delivery speedometers. A programmed speedometer has a software lock. Back then I broke two 6WBs on my project. I won't be sharing the pinout any time soon
What do you mean with software lock?
Can you replace 35160 if you restore backup of a new 6wb?

RE: where is stored HWEL number in KOMBI??? (FSERIES) - ruben_17non - 07-12-2023

(05-12-2023, 22:43 PM)Jumper Wrote:  I have a pinout. I have backups of delivery speedometers. A programmed speedometer has a software lock. Back then I broke two 6WBs on my project. I won't be sharing the pinout any time soon

No problem, i understand the users not share all.
I looking in other posts and you help people. so you not are only downloader user.

(06-12-2023, 01:38 AM)Mwahab Wrote:  You need to identify the MCU type
Search for it in vvdi MCUs
If you are lucky it should be there
Trace the points from mcu legs to nearest pcb soldering points. (If its non bga)
Try to read.
If its ok to handle losses you are good to go, if not, don’t touch it smile
I understand why some people don’t share these schemes, because it really takes alot of time and effort.
Sometime you work alot and u don’t reach anything, or end up with non profitable or non interesting findings.

Yes!
Is MB91F467D 
i found all soldering points PADS.
but MD0,MD1,MD2 are really necesary??, its extrange in my PCB are all in gnd

In my case i buy 6WB from flooder and other broken 6WA of M5, and i want with these two repair 6wb and put in my F26.  i not want make profit im personal use wink

im not sure about pin 70,71,72  in PCB are in GND