CarTechnoloGY
These injection deviation values seems ok? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: These injection deviation values seems ok? (/showthread.php?tid=88719)

Pages: 1 2

These injection deviation values seems ok? - jfim88 - 11-02-2024

Hello! 

The injectors of my wife Ibiza 6J 1.6 TDI 105CV were really bad. They were the bad ones with the reference ended in B. I visited a workshop and replaced the 4 injectors for the new ones that aren’t defective, from Continental. 

When I connect OBD Eleven or VCDS to see the injection quantity deviation, I see these values:

Are they normal values for new injectors? I thought that they should look the same being new. Maybe the learning process isn’t done correctly? I have ODIS in case they need to do the learning again. 

Thanks you in advance.

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - pupu144 - 11-02-2024

Injection correction values depend not only on condition of injectors, but also on the performance of a cylinder - mainly compression.
Correction values are never zero, even when new. Each injector have an assigned individual code which describes it's performance when it has left a factory.
Car ECU needs to know these, to keep engine running smooth and in balance.

If your injectors are 100% new, new injector codes were written back to ECU and learned values for corrections were reset - you're golden.
If the engine is running smooth and evenly, there are no extra dieselly racket - don't worry about these numbers.. Anything inside +/-2,5 does not require any immediate actions.

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - jfim88 - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 16:38 PM)pupu144 Wrote:  Injection correction values depend not only on condition of injectors, but also on the performance of a cylinder - mainly compression.
Correction values are never zero, even when new. Each injector have an assigned individual code which describes it's performance when it has left a factory.
Car ECU needs to know these, to keep engine running smooth and in balance.

If your injectors are 100% new, new injector codes were written back to ECU and learned values for corrections were reset - you're golden.
If the engine is running smooth and evenly, there are no extra dieselly racket - don't worry about these numbers.. Anything inside +/-2,5 does not require any immediate actions.

Thanks you! Yes, the four injectors are 100% new. And the workshop did the coding and learning. 

When I went to workshop with the old injectors, they tried to do a learning on the old ones but it didn’t work so I bought 4 new injectors. 

What it’s strange to me is that when they tried the learning in the old injectors before installing the new ones, they connected an Autel and did the learning in movement. It’s not a static procedure?

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - spooky75 - 11-02-2024

When I have performed adapting injector minimum deviation quantity with VCDS, it was static operation (hand brake needs to be enabled), it's takes around 10 minutes, car revs between 700-2500rpm.
(Golf 6 with CAYC engine)

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - jfim88 - 11-02-2024

Maybe worth a try doing it again? I have VCDS and Odis, but I don’t know the procedure with Odis.

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - spooky75 - 11-02-2024

In my case, previous owner changed one injector self but didn't performed minimum deviation quantity after change.
I didn't notice any issues after run, despite at 3 injectors was original (11y old).

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - jfim88 - 12-02-2024

Can I cause any issue running the process again to the new injectors?

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - spooky75 - 12-02-2024

Someone who have more experience with this should answer.

Like I wrote, I have run process on 11y old car with 3 original injectors and only 1 new and everything was OK after re-run.
I didn't have much options, new injector was really off specs before process.

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - pupu144 - 12-02-2024

I have no such experience with VAG so far, but on other brands it does not do any harm - just fuel consumption can be higher and engine can rattle a bit for a very short time, while ECU relearns/readjusts. But that was performed not on a brand new injectors, but after ultrasonic bath cleaning..

RE: These injection deviation values seems ok? - spooky75 - 13-02-2024

Does anybody know if this process is needed after flash from dieselgate sw to pre-dieselgate sw on same engines (CAYA,CAYB,CAYC) ?