CarTechnoloGY
Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET (/showthread.php?tid=91049)

Pages: 1 2

Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - arcelik - 07-04-2024

Hi guys,
i have a Problem with my Ista ( Oroginal Icom, Ista 4.37.22)
Normally i dont have a problem with reading and programming till today by a Car.

I have a F30 ( US model) and i buy new FEM MODUL ( from BMW) because the old one is defect.
I try to read and programming the Car/ Fem Modul and i get this Error.

With another Cars, F or G series i dont have this problem.
Have someone any idea?

Best Regards

RE: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - Node - 07-04-2024

First, your photos are NOT readable.

Second, IF you would just spend couple of seconds to scan through ISTA 4.34 release notes, you would find, that there is a bug in this ISTA version regarding FEM replacement:

Programming is not possible after replacing the FEM
Problem description: No programming/coding is possible after replacing the FEM ECU. The vehicle cannot be identified using ISTA. Affected series: Vehicles {F2x, F3x, F80, F82, F83, F87} after replacing the FEM.
Measure/ workaround: Contact technical support for an IRAP meeting.
Bug fixed until: Expected ISTA 4.35.1x

Third, your problem does not seem to be exactly like a bug described, so is your ISTA a mishmash of versions??? Post READABLE ISTA's versions screen.

RE: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - arcelik - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 07:46 AM)Node Wrote:  First, your photos are NOT readable.

Second, IF you would just spend couple of seconds to scan through ISTA 4.34 release notes, you would find, that there is a bug in this ISTA version regarding FEM replacement:

Programming is not possible after replacing the FEM
Problem description: No programming/coding is possible after replacing the FEM ECU. The vehicle cannot be identified using ISTA. Affected series: Vehicles {F2x, F3x, F80, F82, F83, F87} after replacing the FEM.
Measure/ workaround: Contact technical support for an IRAP meeting.
Bug fixed until: Expected ISTA 4.35.1x

Third, your problem does not seem to be exactly like a bug described, so is your ISTA a mishmash of versions??? Post READABLE ISTA's versions screen.

At the first sorry, my Ista is 4.37.22
And now you get the Screenshot from Ista Versions and a Screenshot from the Error Message

Well, I would say the error is pretty self-explanatory even if it is in German and I do NOT speak/read German. It says car's factory i-level is bogus. Fix that using ESys. Either it's still a bug in ISTA or factory i-level is crap in the backup unit on that car.

Update: As F020 chassis firmwares are STILL being updated (last one is F020-24-03-500), it could also be that your ISTA is TOO OLD for the firmware which is on that new FEM. You could try to update PSdZdata, but I would just use the latest ISTA.

Update 2: provide btld and swfl versions which are now on that FEM to know for sure whether it's too new for your ISTA/PSdZdata.

RE: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - arcelik - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 16:53 PM)Node Wrote:  Update 2: provide btld and swfl versions which are now on that FEM to know for sure whether it's too new for your ISTA/PSdZdata.

So i download the newest files ( you mean psdz?)
And after i will write you again.

RE: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - Stratofortress - 07-04-2024

The advice provided requires you to first identify and let know about the actual bootloader and software versions in the FEM in order to estimate the applicability of the PSdZ versions with your ISTA for the programming discussed.

RE: Fehler von Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - arcelik - 08-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 21:11 PM)Stratofortress Wrote:  The advice provided requires you to first identify and let know about the actual bootloader and software versions in the FEM in order to estimate the applicability of the PSdZ versions with your ISTA for the programming discussed.

Can i read it with ista?

RE: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - Stratofortress - 08-04-2024

You may look after the information with Call Up ECU Functions in the control unit tree, if available, or make approach with E-Sys.

RE: Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET - Node - 08-04-2024

Yes, it's in the window directly after you select FEM and click callup ECU function. The list in thin font.