CarTechnoloGY
Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Workshop Manuals (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=92306)

Pages: 1 2

Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 - redrock_no - 08-05-2024

Hi 

I’ve ordered all CA parts for my X5 G05 2021 (prod date 07.21) and I’m trying to figure out if the wires and connectors are already there or if I have to make/purchase these as well. I’m gonna leave the programming to BMW service Tech.

Thanks for your insights smile

Br
Redrock_no

RE: Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 - dumitru.o - 09-05-2024

hi

nothing is there. have you ordered the CA function from BMW? or just the parts ? when you say "all parts" what exactly do you mean by that ?

RE: Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 - Node - 09-05-2024

You do realize that if that car did not have comfort access from factory, you most likely need to replace BDC!? Not just "wires and connectors"!

In order to tell more exactly, we need your VIN.

RE: Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 - redrock_no - 09-05-2024

(09-05-2024, 06:57 AM)dumitru.o Wrote:  hi

nothing is there. have you ordered the CA function from BMW? or just the parts ? when you say "all parts" what exactly do you mean by that ?

Basically, antennas (internal and external), door handles + various brackets. I also ordered the contactless trunk parts (controller and sensors)

(09-05-2024, 07:54 AM)Node Wrote:  You do realize that if that car did not have comfort access from factory, you most likely need to replace BDC!? Not just "wires and connectors"!

In order to tell more exactly, we need your VIN.

Hi Node

My VIN:

According to your VIN your BDC is part number 4A18BC5, which does NOT support CA. So you will need at least new BDC. Potentially new keys too. These you will have to get new from dealer for your VIN. Door handles, wiring, similar small stuff, coding/programming is the least of your worries here.

(09-05-2024, 10:57 AM)Node Wrote:  According to your VIN your BDC is part number 4A18BC5, which does NOT support CA. So you will need at least new BDC. Potentially new keys too. These you will have to get new from dealer for your VIN. Door handles, wiring, similar small stuff, coding/programming is the least of your worries here.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Could you please also check this VIN:  WBATA6103M9H73297

I know this X5 got CA (322), but is missing Softclose (323) and Comfort Telephony W/ Enhanced Smartphone (6NS), but will this BDC part number be compatible with my car?

You CAN'T use used BDC3 on a different car.

(09-05-2024, 15:57 PM)Node Wrote:  You CAN'T use used BDC3 on a different car.

Not even with re-coding?

So basically what you're saying is that there is no way to retrofit CA in my car?

First, you need to change VIN in BDC3. There is NO way to do that AFAIK on the used BDC3. Heck, not even BDC2 is cracked yet. Recoding won't help till you can do that.

I'm saying that you need to buy NEW BDC3 from BMW with CA support. That is possible, but it will cost you significant amount of whatever monetary units you use. You need to decide whether that is acceptable. And all wiring/flashing/coding issues will need to be solved after BDC was changed.

Of course another way is you could MAYBE adjust VINs in all other units to the donor VIN, fix ISNs in DME, EDME, etc. Again, I don't know if all of those are cracked yet too. IMHO at this moment you will still need to buy SOME new units. Which may cost even MORE than new BDC3. And you will end up with a car which electronics VIN does not match physical, so you may have all kinds of other problems. Depending on whether you want to use ConnectedDrive, etc.

RE: Comfort Access BMW X5 G05 2021 - redrock_no - 10-05-2024

(09-05-2024, 18:19 PM)Node Wrote:  First, you need to change VIN in BDC3. There is NO way to do that AFAIK on the used BDC3. Heck, not even BDC2 is cracked yet. Recoding won't help till you can do that.

I'm saying that you need to buy NEW BDC3 from BMW with CA support. That is possible, but it will cost you significant amount of whatever monetary units you use. You need to decide whether that is acceptable. And all wiring/flashing/coding issues will need to be solved after BDC was changed.

Of course another way is you could MAYBE adjust VINs in all other units to the donor VIN, fix ISNs in DME, EDME, etc. Again, I don't know if all of those are cracked yet too. IMHO at this moment you will still need to buy SOME new units. Which may cost even MORE than new BDC3. And you will end up with a car which electronics VIN does not match physical, so you may have all kinds of other problems. Depending on whether you want to use ConnectedDrive, etc.

Thank you very much! I just cancelled my parts order. One last question; in mr_nitroz G05 keyless retfofit post in this forum, Mwahab stated that the BDC could be modified by adding the missing components (by soldering). Is this something you’ve heard about too?