Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

How to encode used F10 Junction box electronics JBE
04-04-2019, 16:11 PM,
How to encode used F10 Junction box electronics JBE
Hi 
I have a 2014 F10 USA that has all parking sensors not working after a front crash. Ista shows they are all defective which must be the module. (usa models the pdc module is integrated with the JBE)

Bought a used module that has my cars options and was wondering what is the encoding process. 

I used the method in the thread below to inject CAFD on a used headlight STML module using E-SYS and was wondering if the same process can be used on the JBL

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23920

newtis suggest coding with ISTA-p but i got nothing but errors when I tried to do the headlight module, also that it only programs new modules. so Im guessing it can't code a used JBE as well. 

Thanks In advance! hi
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2019, 17:29 PM,
RE: How to encode used F10 Junction box electronics JBE
Hi,

Inject CAFD and code. If errors after that shows, flash ecu.

If I helped, please magic buttons thx+rep yes yes yes under under under
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lustek for this post
04-04-2019, 17:37 PM,
(04-04-2019, 17:29 PM)lustek Wrote:  Hi,

Inject CAFD and code. If errors after that shows, flash ecu.

great! how do I flash ecu? and what will the JBE be labeled as on the tree list? ie STML FRM etc?
04-04-2019, 22:08 PM,
If I remember correctly it’s JBBF. It’s easy to do. I replaced mine for one without PDC for a park assist retrofit. Once installed connect ENET or ICOM, open esys, expert mode,

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on JBBF => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on JBBF (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
[+] 2 users say Thank You to DayvG for this post
05-04-2019, 16:31 PM,
Thank you for the detailed instructions I was able to inject CAFD into JBBF and subsequently PDC.

Unfortunately the pdc is still giving the idrive screen error "park assistance unavailable please park unaided"

aditionally the newer JBE (V5 vs my old V3) is now showing permanently in ISTA fault codes for all front PDC sensors.

So my guess is the JBE was good, my PDC sensors purchased trough ebay made in china are probably not good.

The difference is now the rear sensor are not giving errors where as before they where and that led me to think it was the JBE. must have just been the older JBE did not discriminate between front and back sensors.

curious how you retrofired park assist on an f10 any write ups?

my hassle is that the front pdc sensors where painted to match the bumper, so buying new ones they will need to be color matched.

might be better to just get a front camera. not sure if that is the same thing you mentioned as "park assist" sounds like it might be part of it.
05-04-2019, 18:44 PM,
Aftermarket PDC don't work on BMW
[+] 1 user says Thank You to inspi1981 for this post
05-04-2019, 18:57 PM,
(05-04-2019, 16:31 PM)Alchemist85 Wrote:  Thank you for the detailed instructions I was able to inject CAFD into JBBF and subsequently PDC.

Unfortunately the pdc is still giving the idrive screen error "park assistance unavailable please park unaided"

aditionally the newer JBE (V5 vs my old V3) is now showing permanently in ISTA fault codes for all front PDC sensors.

So my guess is the JBE was good, my PDC sensors purchased trough ebay made in china are probably not good.

The difference is now the rear sensor are not giving errors where as before they where and that led me to think it was the JBE. must have just been the older JBE did not discriminate between front and back sensors.

curious how you retrofired park assist on an f10 any write ups?

my hassle is that the front pdc sensors where painted to match the bumper, so buying new ones they will need to be color matched.

might be better to just get a front camera. not sure if that is the same thing you mentioned as "park assist" sounds like it might be part of it.

I have a detailed guide on here telling you what you need for the park assist. It’s quite a task of you aren’t familiar with ISTANBUL sand retrofits. But happy to help if you want to take on the challenge. It’s a great retrofit in my opinion.

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW JBBF (Junction Box Electronics Front) how to identify Napas 19 1,207 22-04-2023, 19:49 PM
Last Post: Napas
XZBMW Junction box ELECTRONIC Yhwsha 4 1,374 04-02-2023, 03:33 AM
Last Post: bmchicago
  How to encode used F10 Xenon Lci headlight DJ_B4L 16 5,418 04-04-2019, 00:29 AM
Last Post: Alchemist85
  any interface to encode and adapt EGS bmw e71 8hp70x? draco 2 587 19-02-2019, 16:03 PM
Last Post: draco
  Handling LIN bus in junction box F10 jaki 0 522 29-09-2017, 15:40 PM
Last Post: jaki
XZBMW Bmw e90 I need vo to encode cas with in ista-p padilla 6 2,289 16-02-2017, 17:19 PM
Last Post: larshutten
XZBMW [SOLVED]How to encode BMW E92 Seat occupancy sensor mat Bimmer540 6 2,442 19-09-2016, 16:31 PM
Last Post: Bimmer540
XZBMW How to encode new air mass sensor m47 engine bjorn 8 2,259 22-06-2016, 17:21 PM
Last Post: interested