Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

AOS ISTA instal after running standalone
18-02-2023, 12:26 PM,
AOS ISTA instal after running standalone
Anyone succesfully installed AOS original bmw ISTA after having standalone verions installed on their computers withoutreinstalling windows first?

If so what did you do, i tried cleaning registry, deleting stnadalone etc but get error :

Failed to start ISTA.

Please make sure your ISTA configuration is valid.
In doubt reset any non standard ISTA configuration and reinstall ISTA.
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2023, 12:39 PM,
RE: AOS ISTA instal after running standalone
Clean registry properly. Never had a problem doing that.
18-02-2023, 14:17 PM,
you need first to buy ticket otherwise you will be getting this error
18-02-2023, 14:57 PM,
(18-02-2023, 14:17 PM)masa52 Wrote:  you need first to buy ticket otherwise you will be getting this error

That is no longer truth. Like for a year or so. Now AOS allows you to start ISTA to test your installation without a ticket! Just can't do anything with it.
18-02-2023, 18:07 PM,
(18-02-2023, 14:57 PM)Node Wrote:  
(18-02-2023, 14:17 PM)masa52 Wrote:  you need first to buy ticket otherwise you will be getting this error

That is no longer truth. Like for a year or so. Now AOS allows you to start ISTA to test your installation without a ticket! Just can't do anything with it.

FYI

[Image: IMG-0119.jpg]
18-02-2023, 22:24 PM,
You probably just missed some folders in the registry. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node and HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE. There are 2 or 3 folders with BMW in the name under each of those that need to go away. There's yet another under HKEY_Users > .Default > Software.

I would do the registry clean after uninstalling again. After uninstall, delete any remnant folders like C:\Data, C:\Rheingold and C:\EC-APPS. Depending on the versions and installers you've used in the past, stuff can be all over the place.

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation if I helped you.
19-02-2023, 09:15 AM,
(18-02-2023, 22:24 PM)weinerbarn Wrote:  You probably just missed some folders in the registry. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node and HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE. There are 2 or 3 folders with BMW in the name under each of those that need to go away. There's yet another under HKEY_Users > .Default > Software.

I would do the registry clean after uninstalling again. After uninstall, delete any remnant folders like C:\Data, C:\Rheingold and C:\EC-APPS. Depending on the versions and installers you've used in the past, stuff can be all over the place.

Wow wow wow. Just WOW! This is completely insane nuclear option. Kinda like buy a new computer each time you need to switch biggrin HOW is C:\Data or C:\EC-APPS related to this AT ALL???

You don't need to delete ANY folders from standalone (unless you used same ones used by AOS ISTA - deep down in ProgramData or Program files (x86)\BMW).

You JUST need to delete (or rename) HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BMWGroup and HKCU\SOFTWARE\BMWGroup keys in the registry. That's IT! The only thing you MUST do that BEFORE installing AOS ISTA.

I'm running AOS and standalone side-by-side just replacing these keys for the type of ISTA I want to use.

P.S. Please note that IF you use something else form AOS which uses services (like key reader), things get more complicated...

P.P.S. You also need to reinstall ICOM FW packages as this will delete their information.

P.P.P.S. I hope you understand that you need to start AOS ISTA through AOS, not just exe file. Else you will get EXACTLY the message you are getting because it will try to start in dealer install mode.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
19-02-2023, 15:45 PM,
(19-02-2023, 09:15 AM)Node Wrote:  
(18-02-2023, 22:24 PM)weinerbarn Wrote:  You probably just missed some folders in the registry. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node and HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE. There are 2 or 3 folders with BMW in the name under each of those that need to go away. There's yet another under HKEY_Users > .Default > Software.

Wow wow wow. Just WOW! This is completely insane nuclear option. Kinda like buy a new computer each time you need to switch biggrin HOW is C:\Data or C:\EC-APPS related to this AT ALL???

You don't need to delete ANY folders from standalone (unless you used same ones used by AOS ISTA - deep down in ProgramData or Program files (x86)\BMW).

You JUST need to delete (or rename) HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BMWGroup and HKCU\SOFTWARE\BMWGroup keys in the registry. That's IT! The only thing you MUST do that BEFORE installing AOS ISTA.

I'm running AOS and standalone side-by-side just replacing these keys for the type of ISTA I want to use.

P.S. Please note that IF you use something else form AOS which uses services (like key reader), things get more complicated...

P.P.S. You also need to reinstall ICOM FW packages as this will delete their information.

P.P.P.S. I hope you understand that you need to start AOS ISTA through AOS, not just exe file. Else you will get EXACTLY the message you are getting because it will try to start in dealer install mode.

Yes it is an aggressive option but OP is considering reinstalling Windows at this point. There is nothing I suggested that isn't completely recoverable by reinstalling ISTA, E-Sys and BMW Standard Tools. If OP is planning on reinstalling using a differently licensed method, it would be better to ensure all old installations are completely gone. It's not uncommon for folks to symbolic link psdzdata from their C:\Data directory so E-Sys and ISTA can share the same data, thus saving space. So again, better if you start clean ... maybe not reinstalling Windows clean but clean nonetheless. 

P.S. ... there are other viable options besides your own.

P.P.S. ... you can lose the attitude.

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation if I helped you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,775 703,860 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sedoy
  ISTA issues on G05 X5 330d 7 186 Today, 02:26 AM
Last Post: that4chanhacker
XZBMW ISTA 4.33.30 The programming system could not be initialised Edward1968 40 8,510 01-06-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: iyade46
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 131 16,298 31-05-2024, 13:32 PM
Last Post: CATAHA
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 42 8,834 30-05-2024, 19:52 PM
Last Post: mars13
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.47.3x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 11 1,875 29-05-2024, 04:50 AM
Last Post: ivanp
  Lowering g05 lci with ista Zenel6GT 16 764 28-05-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: NeRkO20
  ISTA 4.47 programming N/A Neon10 7 506 28-05-2024, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Thomas77
  ISTA 4.46.30 can't finish the diagnosis spiridon 1 218 28-05-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: flterence
XZBMW ISTA Czech Database ( 4.42.XX - 4.47.XX) inspi1981 67 8,360 27-05-2024, 13:22 PM
Last Post: inspi1981