Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Need help with changed BMW E60 DME & CAS
28-09-2018, 06:45 AM,
XZBMW  Need help with changed BMW E60 DME & CAS
I have replaced the DME, CAS and key in my 2007 BMW 523i manual and would appreciate some help. I have copied the VO to the CAS and the car runs, but the traction control light and brake pad replacement lights remain on on the dash - the brakes are farily new with sensors replaced. The odometer has increased by 50,000km as well. The DME seems to think it is still in automatic car. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated, I have BMW standard tools, NCS Expert, INPA, WinkFP, thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2018, 08:14 AM,
RE: Need help with changed BMW E60 DME & CAS
If the Milage in the CAS was higher than your car, thats the issue. And unless you know how to change milage in CAS and kombi with EEPROM reader, you are fucked. (In other words, stuck with your new milage).

The ABS lights are caused by different vin in CAS and SZL and DSC modules, you need to either change VIN in CAS to match your cars VIN, or program the DSC and SZL modules to the CAS donor vin. But this will cause other troubles....

| BimmerFiks ASInstagram |

G31 530D xDrive  - Imperial Blau 
Retrofits: 2TB - 710 - Alpina EGS Flash  - 

[/size]
Coming: M-Sport - M Performance Exhaust 

01-10-2018, 05:48 AM,
(28-09-2018, 08:14 AM)SweetBMW Wrote:  If the Milage in the CAS was higher than your car, thats the issue. And unless you know how to change milage in CAS and kombi with EEPROM reader, you are fucked. (In other words, stuck with your new milage).

The ABS lights are caused by different vin in CAS and SZL and DSC modules, you need to either change VIN in CAS to match your cars VIN, or program the DSC and SZL modules to the CAS donor vin. But this will cause other troubles....

Thanks for your reply. I think I have figured out how to change the VIN in the CAS, but can't find the location of the mileage in the Hex file. Do you have any idea of the location? 

I have the hex file from the orignal CAS, so thought if I can find the mileage location then I can copy the code into the Hex of the replacement- same for the VIN
01-10-2018, 12:23 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Need help with changed BMW E60 DME & CAS
(01-10-2018, 05:48 AM)Broken BMW Wrote:  
(28-09-2018, 08:14 AM)SweetBMW Wrote:  If the Milage in the CAS was higher than your car, thats the issue. And unless you know how to change milage in CAS and kombi with EEPROM reader, you are fucked. (In other words, stuck with your new milage).

Thanks for your reply. I think I have figured out how to change the VIN in the CAS, but can't find the location of the mileage in the Hex file. Do you have any idea of the location? 

I have the hex file from the orignal CAS, so thought if I can find the mileage location then I can copy the code into the Hex of the replacement- same for the VIN

Post cas dump here. Someone will correct your VIN and mileage.
02-10-2018, 07:14 AM,
(01-10-2018, 12:23 PM)muskatas Wrote:  

I have attached the bn file from the replacement CAS. If someone can help me change the VIN to the original of the car WBANU32070CR54121 and correct the odometer back to what it should be which is 180670 that would be fantastic. 
I have chnaged the VIN in the DME to match the car, the car runs, but I am not sure how to tell the DME it now resides in a manula car rather than an auto. Finding out how to deal with that would be a bonus

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
0L15Y(512K)-1002(00)EEP(LatestCAS_BMW).BIN.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 11 times
Size: 1.49 KB

02-10-2018, 12:05 PM,
(02-10-2018, 07:14 AM)Broken BMW Wrote:  
(01-10-2018, 12:23 PM)muskatas Wrote:  

I have attached the bn file from the replacement CAS. If someone can help me change the VIN to the original of the car WBANU32070CR54121 and correct the odometer back to what it should be which is 180670 that would be fantastic. 
I have chnaged the VIN in the DME to match the car, the car runs, but I am not sure how to tell the DME it now resides in a manula car rather than an auto. Finding out how to deal with that would be a bonus

Thank you in advance.

To tell the car it is manual, you have to flash with Winkfp and code the car with NCS Expert, using the backup coding data from your LCM.
02-10-2018, 18:40 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Need help with changed BMW E60 DME & CAS
Here You go, test it.

Attached Files
0L15Y(512K)-1002(31)EEP(CR54121_BMW).rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 9 times
Size: 1.43 KB

02-10-2018, 19:37 PM,
(02-10-2018, 18:40 PM)muskatas Wrote:  Here You go, test it.

Thanks you so much for this, the file needs a password to unlock

(02-10-2018, 19:37 PM)Broken BMW Wrote:  

Sorry, thanks for the password, found it
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Broken BMW for this post
12-10-2018, 21:53 PM,

Sorry, thanks for the password, found it

Thank you Muskatas, the odometer is back to the orignal figure, vin in now correct on everything, and have found a broken ribbon wire in the steering column clockspring, and when I soldered up the connection, the last fault lights went out on the dash. 

I really appreicate your help with geting this sorted for me. 

If I could ask one more question, there was a commetn about backup coding that I could use to tell the DME it was now in a manual, but not sure how I go about that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F20 keyless GO not work FEM changed Sal86 3 503 06-04-2023, 23:41 PM
Last Post: donjuan020
  Solved ✔ Audi A6 2012 TCU DL501 changed ikrom 10 2,256 30-09-2022, 15:46 PM
Last Post: ikrom