Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Think i killed EIS ESL ...
19-01-2019, 18:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-01-2019, 18:57 PM by Mshumacher.)
YTMercedes  Think i killed EIS ESL ...
Mercedes CLK 230 2001-2002.

Triangular shaped EZS 240 545 00 08

Sometimes key turns and starts. Most of the time keys dont turn on the ignition switch so doesnt even power-up the dash.

Read Keys by IR, all give SSID,Insertions etc ,.

Took out of the car EIS & ESL Units. (ESL was unlocked position when taking it out which i think is wrong position)

Went to bench EIS and ESL .. and.. made a BIG mistake for trying to do things fast : I connected GND to CAN High on the EZS !!

Strangely connected wrong it still worked and turned the key 2 times ( I guess it went nuts ..)   with the esl lock not moving.  

Disconnected alll, connected all wright now and...

I measured Data Lines outputs :

EZS => Both CAN output 4.5 Volts, Kline outputs 12 V

ESL => Both CAN output 12V.

So i think i killed both ?¿ ESL i suppose i could replace with emulator, and EIS maybe flash of mcu could be repaired?¿? Or killed forever ?¿ MCUs are 2D69J if i remember correctly.  If i read data from mcus could i transfer it to other mcu chip , solder new mcu and repair ezs?¿

When i insert a key in the barrel consumption goes up from 0.09 to 0.14 so it detects when i insert a key.

But with the oscilloscope im not getting can or kline data just  Volts, so i think i damaged mcus ?¿?

I dont it would work, but if i left the barrel in position to always turn the key and connect in the car to power without connecting data lines do you think it would power the dash and start the car ?? ( Im probably dreaming )) biggrin

So what would be possible solutions ?? I guess if i bought a used ezs with Key it wouldnt work ??

Maybe i should try to read MCUS ??

I have xprog.. although to take out the internal mcu i would need to desolder the flex cables in this ( Stupid triangle format ezs)
Dont like the idea of desoldering those flex... as they could easily get damaged..

I guess theres no way to read mcus in circuit ¿? ¿?

Im really depressed i made this mistake... dont know what to do now...

If i bought a 2nd hand unit what would be the best way to go ¿?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Think i killed EIS ESL ... - by Mshumacher - 19-01-2019, 18:56 PM
RE: Think i killed EIS ESL ... - by newtronic - 19-01-2019, 22:24 PM
RE: Think i killed EIS ESL ... - by Mshumacher - 20-01-2019, 00:17 AM
RE: Think i killed EIS ESL ... - by Mshumacher - 20-01-2019, 14:57 PM
RE: Think i killed EIS ESL ... - by Mshumacher - 20-01-2019, 21:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PPeugeot Peugeot 407 FVDI killed BSI Help meg please atis 3 1,209 16-10-2019, 00:40 AM
Last Post: snyper
  BSI problem, killed by DP4, need dump 29LV400BB cubica 1 609 31-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Last Post: cubica
LFord Need full BDM for Ford focus 1.6tdci. ECU killed by MPPS. vb23 17 10,116 26-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: vb23