Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Ultimate Ediabas/ISTA+ voltage control V3
12-03-2017, 13:13 PM,
RE: Ultimate Ediabas/ISTA+ voltage control V2
It is not the presentation of a voltage which is the problem, it is the firmware routine to measure the voltage
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 13:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 14:34 PM by Node.)
This is not for measuring. It can only tell yes/no. K+DCAN cables can't measure voltage (well, theoretically they could measure, but there is no protocol to tell a measured value to a computer using standart OBD cable driver). Even for measuring transistor connected as that I think would introduce big non-linearity with quite wide spread over transistor parameters. Why would someone do that in his right mind, I have no idea, I mean we don't need to measure milivolts here.
12-03-2017, 15:58 PM,
My presentation was to show how the INPA (Ediabas sees the tension of the KL15 and Kl30)
Construction of interface K-dcan which measures the voltage on the real
KL15 and Kl30 not make sense,
  surely be cheaper to buy ICOM,
For k-dcan KL15 is only the state that the voltage ON or OFF
ISTA it should have options for VCI Ediabas KL15 ON or OFF
or, as here, a colleague did shows the tension that wynka deceive the terminal,
but actually it is only KL15 ON or OFF even though it shows some tension,

I wonder if omitec has functions to reading voltage directly works with ISTA
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=19713

to give interest.
I myself only has integrated interface K-dcan voltmeter with display
to see the voltage on pins Kl30 (4.5> 16) after replacing the housing k-can

If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button!under
12-03-2017, 16:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 16:54 PM by Node.)
K+DCAN interface which could read actual voltage would not be any more expensive as it is. If it has any MCU inside, most of them have internal ADC. And external components required are two resistors for minimum design. Premium design would include one more capacitor and, depending on MCU input properties, maybe a protection diode would be needed.
Now, if interface could read actual voltage it's not difficult to pass that to ISTA+ with some additional code. However ISTA+ itself does
not even try to read voltage via Ediabas functionality so it will not work with omitec or any other thing without outside help. Only ICOM is supported for that natively in ISTA+ and it uses another asynchronous IP communication channel for that (SDP protocol, I guess the same that IToolRadar uses to display info about ICOM state in the bottom window), different from the data channel.
What my updated dll does is it multiplexes requests from ISTA and my own voltage control code into single Ediabas' command sequence going into cable driver.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
12-03-2017, 18:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 18:11 PM by DNK76.)
I have a schematic PCB terminals without DCAN
you can suggest additional elements pcb to monitor voltage
KL15

Attached Files
Schematic CAN interface.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 115 times
Size: 144.81 KB

If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button!under
12-03-2017, 18:27 PM,
Looking at FT245BM datasheet it seems it was designed without any support for additional COM port signals. There is no way to do that without serious redesign.
20-04-2017, 06:19 AM,
I cannot get this to work, ISTAgui.exe keeps crashing...

renamed c:\ediabas\bin\obd32.dll to ob23debas.dll
then copied all files from v2 zip file to c:\ediabas\bin

started then nothing happens, then tracked the ediabas.exe that is in the taskbar to d:\ISTA-D\ediabas\bin, so I then renamed that obd32.dll to obd32ebas.dll and copied the files there, then ISTAgui.exe crash once you identify via OBD.

can someone please tell me what im doing wrong. I have ISTA 4.03.31
20-04-2017, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017, 07:17 AM by Bimmer540.)
XZBMW  RE: Ultimate Ediabas/ISTA+ voltage control V2
(20-04-2017, 06:19 AM)Jakes300 Wrote:  I cannot get this to work, ISTAgui.exe keeps crashing...

renamed c:\ediabas\bin\obd32.dll to ob23debas.dll
then copied all files from v2 zip file to c:\ediabas\bin

started then nothing happens, then tracked the ediabas.exe that is in the taskbar to d:\ISTA-D\ediabas\bin, so I then renamed that obd32.dll to obd32ebas.dll and copied the files there, then ISTAgui.exe crash once you identify via OBD.

can someone please tell me what im doing wrong. I have ISTA 4.03.31

copy all files from v2 zip file to

C:\Rheingold\Ediabas\Bin

rename existing obd32.dll to obd32.ebas.dll.
wink

Software works perfectly!!rock
20-04-2017, 14:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-04-2017, 14:42 PM by Jakes300.)
That's how I copied it now, still getting ISTAgui.exe stopped working....

extract from logs...

Application: ISTAGUI.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException at <Module>.AcquireValues(Boolean*, UInt16*, Boolean*, UInt16*, Int32*) at NodeISTAVoltageControl.Controller.OnTimer(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object) at System.Windows.Window.Show() at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog() at BMW.Rheingold.PresentationFramework.DialogBase.ShowDialog() at BMW.Rheingold.PresentationFramework.MessageDialog+<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Show>b__0() at BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.Extensions.InvokeIfNoAccess(System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher, System.Action) at BMW.Rheingold.PresentationFramework.MessageDialog.Show(BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.Message) at BMW.Rheingold.PresentationFramework.CommandBase.Execute(System.Object) at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(System.Windows.Input.ICommandSource, Boolean) at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick() at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick() at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea() at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs) at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at BMW.Rheingold.ISTAGUI.App.Main()
20-04-2017, 14:57 PM,
So what did you actually rename it to? In one place you say ob23debas.dll, another obd32ebas.dll when it should be obd32.ebas.dll

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,648 627,410 55 minutes ago
Last Post: Sedoy
  ista for use whit vcx se db8000 0 26 3 hours ago
Last Post: db8000
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 31 2,862 4 hours ago
Last Post: kiranabc
  AOS Ista possible to deactivate second check after scan? RaoulK1998 17 293 8 hours ago
Last Post: RaoulK1998
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 76 7,289 Yesterday, 20:02 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 34 6,445 Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Last Post: MINIGP1610
XZBMW BMW ISTA-P Rheingold 69.0.200 (Torrent File) carsoftcare 1 123 26-03-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: hlip
  ISTA launcher problem Red_bean_bun 1 156 26-03-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW Adding a new vehicle/model to "Reingold" ISTA+ dieselweasel 12 665 25-03-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Node
  REQUEST ista 4.45.21 the ISTAGUI.exe file ddsx 5 325 24-03-2024, 14:15 PM
Last Post: Mathijshee