Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Oh No! ISTAP software update failure, session terminated. Car almost totally dead F10
02-10-2017, 14:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 14:34 PM by XJL.)
RE: Oh No! ISTAP software update failure, session terminated. Car almost totally dead F10
(02-10-2017, 06:09 AM)willisodhiambo Wrote:  I am in dire straits. A friend has been experiencing cylinder 5 misfires in his F10 528 for some time now. All the usual things, plugs, coils, injectors, swapped, nothing. Misfire and Limp mode occurs only at WOT or hard acceleration. We decided to update integration level just for the heck of it until we are brave enough to try engine out inspection of the cylinder rings. So here goes....

ISTAP, ICOM, Power source connected.

1. Measures plan calculated, estimated duration 00.05.05. That struck me as very odd but what the heck. My first job so lets go ahead. Current integration level F01013-07-504, new -17-07-504. Measures plan listed Programmings TRSVC,JBE, DME,EGS,SMBF,FZD,SMFA,KOMBI and ZGM. Then a list of items for encoding.

2. Accepted measures plan, coding started. As this was going on owner decided to check engine in the meantime. I am not sure if we pulled out any coils before I noticed the first programming failure, but I think the first ECU failed soon after starting programming, followed in quick order by the rest. Software spent a few minutes on ZGM, which I think was the last ECU to be programmed which also failed spectacularly.

3. While on the ZGM I noticed terminal 15 had switched off. Pressed the start button, nothing. Let the software to continue then got a failure message and option to terminate. Terminated the session. Disconnected battery and we continued with our engine inspection.

4. 2-3hrs later, connected the battery and nothing. No remote, comfort access dead, start button dead! panic struck us right away. A few minutes later some power came back on, comfort access back on. Start button seems to turn on some minor components (clicking noise in the engine bay) but cluster dead, cranking but not firing.

5. Connected ICOM. IstaD does not connect, IstaP asks for terminal 15 but allows continuation on selection of "ignition not available". It later asks for VO! Got stuck there as I do not have a vehicle VO, nor connection to Bavaria servers

6. Esys can connect via ICOM. Obviously cant read FA. Reading ECU detects ZGW only. BTLD and HWEL of unit available but other two attributes which I think is swfl and cafd are marked UNKN with 0000000!

ISTAD can connect via KDCAN, all ECUS marked in red, fault code is no communication possible. ENET cable unable to connect at all. I can see battery and ignition on INPA with KDCAN but am not sure if that is true as terminal 15 shows zero volts on ICOM.

I am going to attempt to build a VO and try injecting it with ISTAP but since it is the same ISTAP that got me here, why should I even think it will work? If only there way a way to rewrite swfl to the ZGM directly by any means possible.

Any help and guidance will be appreciated, just beginning to get a grip with coding and programming so I have a lot to learn.

I need help!sweating
If u didnt soilder ecu then maybe can wake up it back for u,i did fews f10 f30 f02 so far ok
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 14:40 PM,
RE: Oh No! ISTAP software update failure, session terminated. Car almost totally dead F10
(02-10-2017, 06:09 AM)willisodhiambo Wrote:  I am in dire straits. A friend has been experiencing cylinder 5 misfires in his F10 528 for some time now. All the usual things, plugs, coils, injectors, swapped, nothing. Misfire and Limp mode occurs only at WOT or hard acceleration. We decided to update integration level just for the heck of it until we are brave enough to try engine out inspection of the cylinder rings. So here goes....

ISTAP, ICOM, Power source connected.

1. Measures plan calculated, estimated duration 00.05.05. That struck me as very odd but what the heck. My first job so lets go ahead. Current integration level F01013-07-504, new -17-07-504. Measures plan listed Programmings TRSVC,JBE, DME,EGS,SMBF,FZD,SMFA,KOMBI and ZGM. Then a list of items for encoding.

2. Accepted measures plan, coding started. As this was going on owner decided to check engine in the meantime. I am not sure if we pulled out any coils before I noticed the first programming failure, but I think the first ECU failed soon after starting programming, followed in quick order by the rest. Software spent a few minutes on ZGM, which I think was the last ECU to be programmed which also failed spectacularly.

3. While on the ZGM I noticed terminal 15 had switched off. Pressed the start button, nothing. Let the software to continue then got a failure message and option to terminate. Terminated the session. Disconnected battery and we continued with our engine inspection.

4. 2-3hrs later, connected the battery and nothing. No remote, comfort access dead, start button dead! panic struck us right away. A few minutes later some power came back on, comfort access back on. Start button seems to turn on some minor components (clicking noise in the engine bay) but cluster dead, cranking but not firing.

5. Connected ICOM. IstaD does not connect, IstaP asks for terminal 15 but allows continuation on selection of "ignition not available". It later asks for VO! Got stuck there as I do not have a vehicle VO, nor connection to Bavaria servers

6. Esys can connect via ICOM. Obviously cant read FA. Reading ECU detects ZGW only. BTLD and HWEL of unit available but other two attributes which I think is swfl and cafd are marked UNKN with 0000000!

ISTAD can connect via KDCAN, all ECUS marked in red, fault code is no communication possible. ENET cable unable to connect at all. I can see battery and ignition on INPA with KDCAN but am not sure if that is true as terminal 15 shows zero volts on ICOM.

I am going to attempt to build a VO and try injecting it with ISTAP but since it is the same ISTAP that got me here, why should I even think it will work? If only there way a way to rewrite swfl to the ZGM directly by any means possible.

Any help and guidance will be appreciated, just beginning to get a grip with coding and programming so I have a lot to learn.

I need help!sweating
i have back up file F10 ,send me vin to check VO,maybe can help u wake up the car
02-10-2017, 15:04 PM,
Had a very similar case recently, turned out to be retrofitted 6WB kombi with old method CAN filter who broke the programming and bricked ZGW. Bought a used ZGW replacement and virginized 6WB cluster did the trick. Im not saying thats the case here, but it might help u

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

[+] 3 users say Thank You to Loliceman for this post
02-10-2017, 15:13 PM,
ZGW is hard to brick, i flashed enough cars which was complete dead because of ZGW, and if you know right steps ZGW can be flashed back to life
[+] 4 users say Thank You to jeroenbmw for this post
02-10-2017, 17:28 PM,
If ZGW in ESYS still visible, you can try to re-flash.
It would be best to attach everything with a charger and then send TeamViewer login.
Can also look at me gladly when help is needed.
If you need help then send a PM
But take a lot of time to save everything.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to hojo29 for this post
02-10-2017, 17:46 PM,
If you can connect with DCAN but can't with ICOM...
1. Are you changing settings to suit interface?
2. If so, is ICOM working correctly?

Simple things first
02-10-2017, 19:36 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Oh No! ISTAP software update failure, session terminated. Car almost totally dead F10
(02-10-2017, 15:04 PM)Loliceman Wrote:  Had a very similar case recently, turned out to be retrofitted 6WB kombi with old method CAN filter who broke the programming and bricked ZGW. Bought a used ZGW replacement and virginized 6WB cluster did the trick. Im not saying thats the case here, but it might help u

CAN-filter for 6wb retrofit, can it be dangerous while flashing?
02-10-2017, 19:46 PM,
(02-10-2017, 19:36 PM)gvitkis Wrote:  
(02-10-2017, 15:04 PM)Loliceman Wrote:  Had a very similar case recently, turned out to be retrofitted 6WB kombi with old method CAN filter who broke the programming and bricked ZGW. Bought a used ZGW replacement and virginized 6WB cluster did the trick. Im not saying thats the case here, but it might help u

Nope can filter cannot break.

Also i had succesfully helped the guy who start this tread, and his car is 100% ok now.
Reputation: +6 - sebastianfernandes [+1] , gvitkis [+1] , JarsaR [+1] , willisodhiambo [+1] , M-Simon [+1] , okolo [+1]
[+] 8 users say Thank You to jeroenbmw for this post
02-10-2017, 19:53 PM,
(02-10-2017, 19:46 PM)jeroenbmw Wrote:  

Also i had succesfully helped the guy who start this tread, and his car is 100% ok now.
Congratulations on solving the problem.
Can you tell me what happened to the car?
Thanks so much
02-10-2017, 19:56 PM,
(02-10-2017, 19:46 PM)jeroenbmw Wrote:  

Intresting thread, would you like to write in a short what was the solution smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Alpina D5 Gearbox Software robka 558 149,466 5 hours ago
Last Post: EngineerX
  BMW F650gs dme/ecu update Liteace 43 1,347 5 hours ago
Last Post: EngineerX
  Can anybody upload latest firemwares for manual update? bmwlover 4 202 Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 38 7,890 04-05-2024, 01:23 AM
Last Post: jhon006
XZBMW NBT EVO Connected Drive problem after update I-Level SkeYT 47 4,806 22-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: kwat
XZBMW BMW E60 520D software ibuk520 2 243 21-04-2024, 18:01 PM
Last Post: ibuk520
XZBMW Update ISTA 4.39.20 SQLiteDBs Italian Language diman64 10 1,048 20-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: elettra19
  g30 fsc update after new bdc instalation Trys2penki 4 237 13-04-2024, 23:37 PM
Last Post: Trys2penki
XZBMW Flash MPPK software 20D B47 (Esys) ruben_17non 5 608 10-04-2024, 21:38 PM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW E60 MASK NAVI Update for welcome lights? kimz 4 733 10-04-2024, 17:02 PM
Last Post: johann74270