Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

MMI 3G very NICE BRICK
03-12-2022, 00:27 AM,
ZTAudi  MMI 3G very NICE BRICK
Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem due to an error updating the MMI 3G firmware of my Audi A5. The firmware that I have installed is the K0900 for "MMI 3G+", when the one I had to install is the K0257 for "MMI 3G", now neither the sound nor the steering wheel buttons nor the MMI 3G works for me.

I have a tutorial that explains how to recover the MMI 3G using the PuTTY program, but I don't know how to connect this program with the MMI to change the "boot 0x680000" to "boot 0x78000" which is the one that corresponds to the navigation system .
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Peterwall for this post
03-12-2022, 01:11 AM,
RE: MMI 3G very NICE BRICK
You need to start it in IPL mode using USB to TTL interface then boot into emergency mode and recover by copying correct IFS image from MMI3G SD card....
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mbectb for this post
03-12-2022, 21:34 PM,
There's a bit more to it than just telling the unit to boot from 0x780000 again. First I would save all the files in efs-persist unless you have easy access to Geko to do an SVM after all this mess.
If your controls are still working you should be able to start K0257 with "ignore variant" in GEM, same way you managed to mess it up in the first place. May have to enable "user-defined" too as there may be some downgrades needed.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to DukeFawks for this post
04-12-2022, 21:32 PM,
In MMI3G there is not user defined mode,he will most probably need to change unit as V850 needs to be done via external programmer now.

Telegram : Click here
Phone Number - Whatsapp : +381653086899
05-12-2022, 03:52 AM,
As long as unit boots you can just create update.txt and fix IOC that way. But always good idea to keep MU/IOC/INIC/FPGA as a matching set to avoid getting locked out.

05-12-2022, 07:55 AM,
(03-12-2022, 00:27 AM)Peterwall Wrote:  Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem due to an error updating the MMI 3G firmware of my Audi A5. The firmware that I have installed is the K0900 for "MMI 3G+", when the one I had to install is the K0257 for "MMI 3G", now neither the sound nor the steering wheel buttons nor the MMI 3G works for me.

I have a tutorial that explains how to recover the MMI 3G using the PuTTY program, but I don't know how to connect this program with the MMI to change the "boot 0x680000" to "boot 0x78000" which is the one that corresponds to the navigation system .
Maybe this can help you
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.p...g+firmware

If you like my post and it helped you, press Thanks or Reputation
[+] 1 user says Thank You to audia4 for this post
14-12-2022, 21:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-12-2022, 21:44 PM by Peterwall.)
Hello PopDog,
I have read a post about a bad firmware update for MMI 3G+.
In my case it is a 3G MMI, I mistakenly installed the firmware "K0900" for HN+, when I should have updated to "K0257".
Now on the update screen appears
"Package version MOST: ?"
Main Unit Software: 0190
And it does not allow me to update to the version that corresponds to "K0257".
As you explain in this thread: https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.p...g+firmware,
I have tried to mark all the "MU", but it does not allow me, and when telling it to update, it stays thinking and stuck at: "Starting the download".
It has stopped ringing, it is equipped with "Bang&Olufsen", the buttons on the steering wheel do not work, only those on the center console.

I could really use some help from "PopDog"...
16-12-2022, 12:22 PM,
No one is encouraged with a positive comment ???
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Peterwall for this post
20-12-2022, 19:20 PM,
I have to insist because I am very restless and I want to bring my beloved brick back to life.
Nobody has a moment to get me out of this predicament ???
20-12-2022, 22:58 PM,
Solutions have been posted. You are in over your head. Send for repair to someone that knows what they are doing.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to DukeFawks for this post