Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ICOM NEXT's Internal DHCP Server
11-12-2023, 10:38 AM,
RE: ICOM NEXT's Internal DHCP Server
(11-12-2023, 07:28 AM)Node Wrote:  ...
3. There are NO SUCH THINGS like "preferred IP from factory" on ethernet adaptor/NIC. <-There are, certain Apple Ethernet Adaptors have such feature.

(11-12-2023, 07:59 AM)tomaxsas Wrote:  please stop tinkerman. your advice's is miserable at best and does not related to problem Yah is having. By the length of the post others might think that this is great answers but it will confuse others which follow you answers.

You seem very upset. Why? Yah has thanked me. If Yah has issues he will address them to me, you do not have to act as his spokesman.

What exactly is the problem that Yah is having? If you know, it would be more productive to post the solution, instead of posting a critique of another post.

The length of an answer is not important, trying to understand the other person's situation is.

Cheer up man...
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2023, 11:51 AM,
(09-12-2023, 21:38 PM)tinkerman Wrote:  
(09-12-2023, 10:16 AM)M-Simon Wrote:  ...
just for my understanding, If I use my Icom next to flash a F or G Serien, it is no longer needed to connect a router between when e.g. a flash of the Head Unit is necessary?

A hardware router(between the ICOM NEXT and computer) or a virtual(software) router(i.e. TFTPD64) installed on the computer, both would serve the purpose of a 'DHCP server' assigning an IP address to the ICOM NEXT. This is assuming that the laptop is setup with a static IP(set in Windows Ethernet Properties) and the ICOM NEXT is setup for DHCP(in the ICOM's LAN settings>DiscoverMode>DHCP).*

* Note post #10(including YouTube videos linked) and #12 of the following thread:
" ICOM Next in 2023 - DHCP Configuration "
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=81716

I personally prefer the TFTPD64 method because once the networking concepts are understood, it is clear, simple, and independent of ICOM NEXT firmware or ISTA version/updates.
[i.e. It will always be consistent as you set it (once), albeit you have to run the app(TFTPD64) each session, but you don't have to wait for ISTA to open (which takes a lot longer to open), or deal with Tool32 every time the ICOM reboots. Also a fast and sure solution if you just want to use ICOM with BMW Standard Tools apps.]

If no router(hardware or software) use is preferred, then the ICOM NEXT would be in the "DHCP server mode" with the related default IP (default setting after certain period of no external DHCP server sensed after connection to computer) , and the computer set (by you) to "receive IP automatically" (set in Windows Ethernet Properties), and would be assigned the first IP available (other than the default IP of the ICOM NEXT in "DHCP server mode") by the ICOM NEXT's internal "DHCP server" function, but ISTA would have to be launched to send the command for this setup to the ICOM NEXT(or a Tool32 command run instead) EVERY TIME ICOM NEXT is rebooted.**

** Note post #7 and #13 of the following thread
" ICOM Next Factory Settings "
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=79036

Also note my post #7 above(in this current thread).

(09-12-2023, 13:16 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  Yes i know a few people flashing complete cars directly connected with ISTA. But in my case i am not even able to calculate programming plan with direct connected icom. I factory resetted my ICOM, updated and even tried downgrading firmware without luck. I am not sure why, but cannot flash due to faulty icom connection according to ISTA when selecting programming tab.

If your ICOM NEXT is a clone, then that is likely the problem. If it is a genuine ICOM NEXT, then refer to my reply to M-Simon above.

Cheers...

I have a genuine icom next, and i have been using a ASUS router configured to DHCP for a long time. It has been working flawlessly untill BMW integrated the DHCP function into the ICOM. I am however able to flash and program using the router still, but i fail to flash on MOST control units using ISTA. I have made no changes to my setup whatsoever untill this problem appeared once i updated the ICOM firmware. I would like to know how i can set up my devices to flash without the router.

- Remote coding & programming - F 8HP45/50/70/75 ISN reset remote
- Remote ECU tuning MEVD17 + EDC17 + MGD1 ECUS + 8HP EGS BMW/MINI
- M2/M3/M4 CS, CSL OR GTS Flash F8x G8x -
 8HP 
Alpina EGS flash F & G remote
- EVO ID4 to ID6 flash - Apple Carplay activation

11-12-2023, 13:02 PM,
(11-12-2023, 11:51 AM)Fatalix Wrote:  ...
I have a genuine icom next, and i have been using a ASUS router configured to DHCP for a long time. It has been working flawlessly untill BMW integrated the DHCP function into the ICOM. I am however able to flash and program using the router still, but i fail to flash on MOST control units using ISTA. I have made no changes to my setup whatsoever untill this problem appeared once i updated the ICOM firmware. I would like to know how i can set up my devices to flash without the router.

1. Regarding issues related to "fail to flash on MOST control units using ISTA", have you tried using the latest version of ISTA-P? I ask as MOST control units are common on E series which require ISTA-P for programming.

2. Have you tried another ICOM B (MOST adapter), if not perhaps you could borrow one from an acquaintance to see if your adapter has issues? If another ICOM B acts the same then perhaps it is due to incompatibility with a recent ICOM NEXT firmware update, and a reinstall of the previous firmware might help?

3. Before anyone suggests how to setup your devices, it would be helpful for us to view screen shots of your ICOM's LAN settings, router's settings, and computer's (Windows) Ethernet Properties settings.

Also would you accept a 'DHCP server' app(e.g. TFTPD64) on the computer or do you prefer to use the ICOM's internal 'DHCP server'? If you choose  customizing 'DHCP server' option on the computer, I'd be glad to summarize it step by step. If you prefer the ICOM's internal DHCP server method, I'll let others provide details as they would be more enthusiastic.
11-12-2023, 13:28 PM,
(11-12-2023, 13:02 PM)tinkerman Wrote:  
(11-12-2023, 11:51 AM)Fatalix Wrote:  ...

1. Regarding issues related to "fail to flash on MOST control units using ISTA", have you tried using the latest version of ISTA-P? I ask as MOST control units are common on E series which require ISTA-P for programming.

2. Have you tried another ICOM B (MOST adapter), if not perhaps you could borrow one from an acquaintance to see if your adapter has issues? If another ICOM B acts the same then perhaps it is due to incompatibility with a recent ICOM NEXT firmware update, and a reinstall of the previous firmware might help?

3. Before anyone suggests how to setup your devices, it would be helpful for us to view screen shots of your ICOM's LAN settings, router's settings, and computer's (Windows) Ethernet Properties settings.

Also would you accept a 'DHCP server' app(e.g. TFTPD64) on the computer or do you prefer to use the ICOM's internal 'DHCP server'? If you choose  customizing 'DHCP server' option on the computer, I'd be glad to summarize it step by step. If you prefer the ICOM's internal DHCP server method, I'll let others provide details as they would be more enthusiastic.

1+2: F series does also have MOST, but will not require ICOM B for programming, it is through ethernet connection. I have not tried programming MOST with ISTA/P as i don't do older cars. 

3: I would like to be able to flash using direct ICOM connected using internal ICOM DHCP if possible. However, if router is required i also have that as i used it in the past for the same thing.

IPv4 settings are full automatic set for DNS and IP address so no fixed IP from pc, ICOM setting is DHCP. I have always used these settings, and used 192.168.0.1 gateway, the routers ip range from 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.199 range and 255.255.0.0 submask. I usually get 192.168.0.150 ip from ICOM in this case. It has always worked untill the later icom firmwares, but now just completes programming plan but unsuccesfully flashes all MOST control units.

- Remote coding & programming - F 8HP45/50/70/75 ISN reset remote
- Remote ECU tuning MEVD17 + EDC17 + MGD1 ECUS + 8HP EGS BMW/MINI
- M2/M3/M4 CS, CSL OR GTS Flash F8x G8x -
 8HP 
Alpina EGS flash F & G remote
- EVO ID4 to ID6 flash - Apple Carplay activation

11-12-2023, 14:28 PM,
(11-12-2023, 13:28 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  ...
3: I would like to be able to flash using direct ICOM connected using internal ICOM DHCP if possible. However, if router is required i also have that as i used it in the past for the same thing.

A physical(hardware) router is not necessary... just the 'DHCP server' function which assigns an IP for connected devices.
You can use the ICOM's internal 'DHCP server' in which case the ICOM would use its default(i.e. "static") IP and assign an available IP to your computer(network adapter). Or...

You can install TFTPD64 a small footprint app which has the ability to setup a 'DHCP server' function right in your computer. In this case you would set the computer to a default(i.e. "static") IP of your preference, and the ICOM would be assigned an IP.

As you can see both methods are conceptually the same, the only difference is which device runs the 'DHCP server', which device takes on the "default(static)IP" and which device is assigned(by the DHCP server) an available IP.

Since you prefer the ICOM's internal DHCP server method, I will first let others that have praised its advantages assist you, if they'd be so kind as to do so.

If there is not much useful assistance, at your specific request, I'd be glad to post a step by step process using TFTPD64 with screen shots etc., but for now I don't want to upset others more than I may already have.

Cheers...
11-12-2023, 17:36 PM,
Hello again,
I have tried to change my IP address to a static IP as the ICOM is with dhe subnet mask 255.255.255.0 but I'm still not able to activate DHCP network. ICOM is connected directly to my pc.
Im attaching pictures to check if I have something wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

11-12-2023, 17:51 PM,
I DON'T understand what are you trying to achieve here... Looks like you are trying to get DHCP working, but THEN set static APIPA (169.254....) address on computer! BUT even with WRONG netmask. APIPA's netmask is 255.255.0.0!!! Mismatching netmasks will NOT allow ICOM to be found via link local broadcast because broadcast address depends on netmask so it will be DIFFERENT.

Switch everything to DHCP, connect, start ISTA and open start diagnosis windows where you select ICOM - addresses will change like within several seconds to 192.168.4.x/255.255.255.0 (default IP address range which ISTA initializes ICOM with). If you INSIST on using static IP, set your computer to an address in this range.

IF you use tool32 to initialize ICOM's DHCP server, you can specify another range. But DO NOT use APIPA range. That is just asking for issues... (For example because ISTA will reinitialize ICOM's DHCP because APIPA address is the trigger for doing so).
11-12-2023, 17:58 PM,
Yah, if you connect ICOM directly to the computer (i.e. no router in between, and therefore no DHCP server function from the router), then the ICOM's internal DHCP server has to be used. In this case, the ICOM will use its default IP, and the computer will be assigned an IP by the ICOM's internal DHCP server, but you need to set the computer to "Obtain IP address automatically" to make this possible.

Cheers...
11-12-2023, 18:01 PM,
My achievements are to enable DHCP Network and then try to update my ICOM, because in STATIC IP normal procedure doesnt work to update my icom. And Im trying in this way to make it work.
Last time it worked.
My something Im missing out because If I change my network adapten on my pc to 192.168.x.x, I cant connect to my ICOM.
11-12-2023, 18:03 PM,
To connect on 192.168... you MUST enable ICOM's internal DHCP server. Either with ISTA, tool32 or some other (unknown to me) tool, which works similarly.

After that server is enabled you can close ISTA/tool32 and it will work until ICOM's power cycle.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 105 35,789 17-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
  DDE509 Internal fault 7 code 4703 GoNz0- 0 54 14-04-2024, 14:42 PM
Last Post: GoNz0-
XZBMW ICOM Firmware (NEXT & A2) always current! Vojno 206 42,909 12-04-2024, 23:36 PM
Last Post: bennymx
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 3 299 12-04-2024, 18:55 PM
Last Post: Node
  Solved ✔ ICOM NEXT Error bmwcare 4 2,470 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ivanp
  CCC flash WINKFP ICOM BimmerSLO 9 358 29-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Hoborg
  For anyone having problem with ICOM NEXT FW update via ISTA+. ImmBoo 16 4,119 24-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Twointje
  TESTO tool with ICOM Rolzs 5 425 17-03-2024, 20:23 PM
Last Post: Vojno
  Request xHP 6HP decrypted files and icom flasher tste1982 10 942 05-03-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: bradsm87
XZBMW BMW_ISPI_ICOM-FW_03-23-22 & ICOM-Next-FW_04-23-22 shawnsheridan 22 2,549 05-02-2024, 23:47 PM
Last Post: vagrom