Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

PSA interface differences
05-01-2016, 18:59 PM,
PCitroen  PSA interface differences
Can someone tell me more about the differences between the PSA interfaces shown in the attachment?

It is all REV C
2x full chip
1x not full chip

what is the difference in function of full chip and not full chip?

can "not full chip" still do programming (key, radio, etc..)? or can it only do diagnosis?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 04:36 AM,
RE: PSA interface differences
The Chinese cut cost by replacing some component that they thought replaceable, opto couplers, common mode choke, etc. I recently just bought a non-full chip for fun, similar to yours but wrose as no common choke on the relay board. For over three-month tests on several cars seems it working all functions. But this can't assure they will work all every pieces!
[+] 3 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
06-01-2016, 16:57 PM,
Thank you for the reply.

As you tell all your functions work but the designer must have a reason to put in these components? Or is it only to be more stable? Im asking because i want to program a key.
07-01-2016, 00:15 AM,
I can only generally say, ex. one benefit of optocoupler is to completely isolate the signal-source circuitry to the receiver circuitry when needed. They might find that some of those optocoupler circuits may not be at that critical and replaceable by some bipolar transistor (?). A common mode choke should be for CAN filter and may not be critical neither (familarly with some tools/ECUs with the choke pads on PCB but shunt by 0 Ohm resistors).

I used that my fun tool for key programming too and found no problem.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
07-01-2016, 18:12 PM,
How about the differences in rev B and rev C? Can you put the same software version on it?
08-01-2016, 06:47 AM,
According to the question, but I make my answer rather broadened and if would attracted by some interesters. So, if it would be nice you guys want to leave some comment to my bottom line note too.

'rev B and rev C, can we put the same software version on it?'. If the question means Firmware in the MCU yes, we can put any fw version on any interface but may be useless. Commonly and always the fw up and down grade is automatically done when DB/PP2000/Lexia sw need it to be changed, otherwise done by the tool 'Interface Checker'. Firmware version variation and compatibility to the tool sw version are as seen...from my record and tests

v4.2.2 : Lexia/PPS last version (v348.01/v25.01)
v4.2.4 : DB v5.02 - v5.29
v4.2.8 : DB v5.30 - v5.??
v4.2.9 : found on DB v5.43 - v6.10
v4.3.0 : DB v6.11 - v7.39
v4.3.2 : DB v7.40 - ~v7.61
v4.3.3 : DB ~v7.61 -

The known limitation of the interface with 'Reference Serial' B, which allow to be used with any version of PP2000 and Lexia but on DiagBox not to exceed version of v5.29. This can be the answer if the original question is Software not the Firmware.

Structure of the firmware in the interface...
Firmware data content in flash memory of the Fujitsu MCU are devided into 7 sectors, sec. 0 - 6 plus one more (sector) in eeprom 25x40 (80).

When the FW is up/down graded the data in sec. 0 - 3 are always made change while sec. 4 - 6 keep no change as well as the data in eep. In one of the 'no change' sector (sec. 4) together with the data in eep influence in functioning of the interface seen as 'rev B or C' This's why when we obtain it as 'B' we do need to perform reflashing the MCU and the eep to make it 'C' and that to be done separately. Thanks to Mr. NLC who made a clever program to make the job easily done in a short single shot and without the need to disassemble the hardware.

However I found a nice friend on other forum mentioned that 'rev B or C' affecting the operation is nonsense... He's here too I think, hope when he hit this post, he would come and share. Mr. Scary also posted long ago on his first release of his Reflashing that he also change the VCI serial no. too (after the Reference Serial) to avoid problem.

Interesting info to me from the two above especially 'rev B or C is nonsense' because this was out of my testing scope long ago. I need to retest it together with the variation of the VCI serial no.

What is the Reference Serial and what's the VCI (interface) serial no.?
Not exactly clear (to me) what Reference Serial (xxxxxx B or C) is for. For VCI serial no., can only be seen from two sources, if not reading from the eep, the diag report by DiagBox section (attachment).

Back to the Reference Serial suffix, B or C. My notification to the 9780.Z5 interface PCBs, both of the boards have the etching of 4 letter, A, B, C and D in each connected square at one of the cornner. By several photos of the genuine VCI always notice the ink mark on the box of B and C on both PCBs. I linked these two phenomena together and triggering me to begin with some test by editing my VCI as rev 'D'. Unfortunately still found nothing. If the real rev 'D' VCI exist? and Actia hide some special function behide the suffix 'D' for using among those top level engineers? smile

[+] 9 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
08-01-2016, 08:55 AM,
All i can tell you is that long time ago , when titoun helped me a lot, i found also another reference, that one also with 2 different marks B and C on original tools. The thing is that last version of that checker that is on all internet has "some" bugs, meaning on one of references it presumes that is a B always even if inside is a C model, or gives unknown version, when in fact that interface is an original one, with original serial and original C model. So, from this.... that new checker is bugged, better look for an older version that identifies the tool proper.
My clone, that was one full, reworked from scratch, rewritten from scratch, that now has identical reference from one original and serial on it, it's still seen as unknown model by interface checker biggrin

If you like my post and it helped you please press [Image: postbit_reputation.gif][Image: tyl_add.png]
[+] 11 users say Thank You to fantomel for this post
08-01-2016, 09:03 AM,
Also if you take a good look of the genuine PCB rev B and rev C ... there are differences.

Never seen any pcb of revison D ... but might be that new ones that has possibility to connect the bluetooth module addon.

Revision A most of them are by my old ones ... which have a square box casing.

My oppinion is that reference serial is not so important at all ... at least I think diagbox software doesn't car about it. It is checking the VCI serial number.
[+] 10 users say Thank You to morfej for this post
08-01-2016, 09:40 AM,
(08-01-2016, 08:55 AM)fantomel Wrote:  All i can tell you is that long time ago , when titoun helped me a lot, i found also another reference, that one also with 2 different marks B and C on original tools. The thing is that last version of that checker that is on all internet has "some" bugs, meaning on one of references it presumes that is a B always even if inside is a C model, or gives unknown version, when in fact that interface is an original one, with original serial and original C model. So, from this.... that new checker is bugged, better look for an older version that identifies the tool proper.
My clone, that was one full, reworked from scratch, rewritten from scratch, that now has identical reference from one original and serial on it, it's still seen as unknown model by interface checker biggrin

Wrong, to make the VCI to be recognised by the checker as Peugeot, Unknown (Inconnue) or even Citroen Lexia or Citroen Proxia is not that point. Mr. morfej is now here and he can tell you the thing well, if not I will.

I have two very high quality clones without to rework, available only since the clone came out years ago. They look more genuine than your rework even all the wires to the board are all white, two black and one red. A few points to indentify them from the genuine, one is the relays are Fujitsu not Omron. To them I can edit them to be shown as any of the four above if need!

[+] 2 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
08-01-2016, 10:21 AM,
Hi CT members,
As already said fantomel, all the original interface are marked as unknown in PSA checker interface.
And yet as already said morfej, the latest revision of PCB cards of an original EVO XS is the REV B for the microprocessor board and REV C to the relay board. At the hardware level, the differences are minor and do not impact the functional.

Regards
[+] 7 users say Thank You to titoun for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All Repairs PSA XS EVOLUTION interface ! titoun 8 11,360 27-03-2023, 17:35 PM
Last Post: MORKAS
PCitroen PSA interface FIRMWARE 4.3.7 from official diagbox 9.37 911sniper 4 4,992 01-09-2019, 17:47 PM
Last Post: mattydr67
PPeugeot Reflash lexia interface from B to C lionofthedesert 59 39,972 18-08-2019, 15:24 PM
Last Post: no_name
1Actia psa interface reflash or no ? pardul 7 1,215 05-08-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: zmann
PCitroen Lexia interface recognization problem Jedrek 2 1,609 30-06-2019, 20:35 PM
Last Post: Joda
PPeugeot Precautions for original Peugeot Planet Interface allpro 6 1,648 01-03-2019, 14:00 PM
Last Post: leon163
  Interface not recognized... :-( cro1983 17 3,496 19-02-2019, 22:02 PM
Last Post: Batru
PCitroen Reflash lexia interface from C to B guerragt5 7 2,079 03-02-2019, 15:30 PM
  [NEED] PSA Interface Checker v4.0 roanoke 2 6,449 17-01-2019, 15:11 PM
Last Post: rezayeto
  Solved ✔ The interface is recognized in usb but the green light turn off and does not work. Rafiusk 17 3,588 11-01-2019, 17:42 PM