Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

X1 E84 with pro-nav 609 - FSC generate
28-01-2016, 17:54 PM,
XZBMW  X1 E84 with pro-nav 609 - FSC generate
Hello,

I wait for my BMW X1 E84 with pro-nav (609) to be delivered. I was previously extracting DE file from my F31 with ENET cable and E-Sys to generate FSC code for NBT nav update. I was wondering if it is also possible to extract 1B (? or is it also DE?) file with ENET cable and E-sys in X1 E84 and using generator to generate FSC for sat-nav update?
If so is there any difference in E-Sys parameters?
If not what kind of tool (cable, soft) do I need to accomplish it?

Thanks in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2016, 13:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016, 13:38 PM by Florissilfhout.)
RE: X1 E84 with pro-nav 609 - FSC generate
If it were F-series, depending on the type of system you have, you either extract the 1B or the DE. You can check the .pdf for the instructions. But you mention an E-series model..

Found this on the e90post.com forum by vespa:
Quote:Many thanks to Rotary Rasp and many others for developing these tools and techniques, I just combined several approaches to find a 12 step program. Here goes:

1. Get a ENET cable (yes, even though e9x doesn't normally use ENET). These typically end up costing about $5 by the time you pay for shipping and everything, but you can certainly save some money by making your own. Search eBay for "bmw enet", see this example for pre-made cables, or make your own with these instructions.
2. Set your PC/Android/Mac ethernet port to IP: 169.254.199.98, subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 169.254.199.99, any DNS
3. Connect the cable and turn on the car (acc mode is fine)
4. In your web browser go to: ftp://169.254.199.99
5. It should prompt for a login, user name is "root", password is either "Hm83stN)" or "cic0803"
6. Click the link to go up a directory a couple of times then browse to /HBpersistence/normal and download the file "generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTControlle r"
7. Disconnect from the car and get that file into Windows
8. Open the file in a hex editor like Hxd http://mh-nexus.de/downloads/HxDSetupEN.zip
9. Press CTRL-F to search, change the search mode to "Hex" and then search for "01 01 00 1B”
10. Highlight and delete everything prior to "01 01 00 1B”
11. Go to line (offset) 130 and delete the last block and everything after
12. Save the file as "a.hex", which should be exactly 319 bytes

Eventhough it says E9X, you might be able to succeed with your current cable & setup.
Please let me know if it works!

Attached Files
Navi Maps Update - FSC Code Generation Instructions.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 80 times
Size: 136.25 KB

[+] 6 users say Thank You to Florissilfhout for this post
29-01-2016, 14:32 PM,
Hi Florissilfhout,

Thanks for reply. I also found this description but was not sure if that would be applicable to E84. I will of course give it a try when car will be delivered.

I had no problem with extracting DE from F31 and generating FSC so if above way works I will for sure let you know.

By that time if someone has such setup (E84, ENET cable and pro-nav 609) I would appreciate sharing their experience. Thanks!
26-02-2016, 20:08 PM,
(29-01-2016, 13:26 PM)Florissilfhout Wrote:  If it were F-series, depending on the type of system you have, you either extract the 1B or the DE. You can check the .pdf for the instructions. But you mention an E-series model..

Found this on the e90post.com forum by vespa:
Quote:Many thanks to Rotary Rasp and many others for developing these tools and techniques, I just combined several approaches to find a 12 step program. Here goes:

1. Get a ENET cable (yes, even though e9x doesn't normally use ENET). These typically end up costing about $5 by the time you pay for shipping and everything, but you can certainly save some money by making your own. Search eBay for "bmw enet", see this example for pre-made cables, or make your own with these instructions.
2. Set your PC/Android/Mac ethernet port to IP: 169.254.199.98, subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 169.254.199.99, any DNS
3. Connect the cable and turn on the car (acc mode is fine)
4. In your web browser go to: ftp://169.254.199.99
5. It should prompt for a login, user name is "root", password is either "Hm83stN)" or "cic0803"
6. Click the link to go up a directory a couple of times then browse to /HBpersistence/normal and download the file "generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTControlle r"
7. Disconnect from the car and get that file into Windows
8. Open the file in a hex editor like Hxd http://mh-nexus.de/downloads/HxDSetupEN.zip
9. Press CTRL-F to search, change the search mode to "Hex" and then search for "01 01 00 1B”
10. Highlight and delete everything prior to "01 01 00 1B”
11. Go to line (offset) 130 and delete the last block and everything after
12. Save the file as "a.hex", which should be exactly 319 bytes

Eventhough it says E9X, you might be able to succeed with your current cable & setup.
Please let me know if it works!

Hi Florissilfhout,

We just picked up mentioned car today and I can confirm that the way described above works! I was able to connect using mentioned IP and user/password and download file which after few operations in HEX editor became 1B file smile And based on that I did generate FSC with no problem at all.

Thanks a lot for help and suggestion. Have a nice day and weekend!
11-03-2016, 13:35 PM,
Great to hear!

Now we know it also works for other cars than the E9X smile