Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

14-04-2016, 14:36 PM,
RE: NBT EVO
(14-04-2016, 02:01 AM)tcp443 Wrote:  Guys,
has anyone figured out how to enable dvd in motion for nbt evo?

I would love to help you figure it out but unfortunately my NBT evo is locked I'm looking for a work around
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 14:51 PM,
NBT EVO
Oh. You installed in a car with different vin

if you feel that I have in some way contributed / helped solve your issues/problems/requests, please do not forget to press thanks or rep button. Much appreciated. 
under
04-05-2016, 23:48 PM,
XZBMW  RE: NBT EVO
(11-04-2016, 17:27 PM)BusyBox Wrote:  Does this tool32 job have something in common?

name : _STEUERN_TRANSITION_1115
comment : Special job for enabling transition of NBTEVO cars/samples from
15-11-430 but also from 15-07-xxx or samples which
already have been on a 15-07 or 15-11 or later i-step before 15-11-490
or parallel SW

(11-04-2016, 19:25 PM)dracon Wrote:  Looks like that might be the command that triggers it when upgrading the flash. What command parameters are with the job?

That job doesn't accept any arguments.

Code:
<JOB>
        <JOBNAME>_STEUERN_TRANSITION_1115</JOBNAME>
        <JOBCOMMENT>Special job for enabling transition of NBTEVO cars/samples from</JOBCOMMENT>
        <JOBCOMMENT>15-11-430 but also from 15-07-xxx or samples which</JOBCOMMENT>
        <JOBCOMMENT>already have been on a 15-07 or 15-11 or later i-step before 15-11-490</JOBCOMMENT>
        <JOBCOMMENT>or parallel SW</JOBCOMMENT>
        <RESULT>
            <RESULTNAME>JOB_STATUS</RESULTNAME>
            <RESULTTYPE>string</RESULTTYPE>
            <RESULTCOMMENT>&quot;OKAY&quot;, wenn fehlerfrei</RESULTCOMMENT>
        </RESULT>
        <RESULT>
            <RESULTNAME>_REQUEST</RESULTNAME>
            <RESULTTYPE>binary</RESULTTYPE>
            <RESULTCOMMENT>Hex-Auftrag an SG</RESULTCOMMENT>
        </RESULT>
        <RESULT>
            <RESULTNAME>_RESPONSE</RESULTNAME>
            <RESULTTYPE>binary</RESULTTYPE>
            <RESULTCOMMENT>Hex-Antwort von SG</RESULTCOMMENT>
        </RESULT>
    </JOB>

EDIT: After examining the SGBD closer, it looks like the fix is probably going to be FSC code(s):
Code:
            <ARGCOMMENT> "HU_VIN_PROTECTION" "0xA0F6" "-" "RES_0xA0F6_R" "-"     "HU_VIN_PROTECTION" [...]</ARGCOMMENT>
            <ARGCOMMENT> "HU_FSC_REFURBISH_UI" "0xA0F7" "-" "RES_0xA0F7_R" "-"     "HU_FSC_REFURBISH_UI" [...]</ARGCOMMENT>
            <ARGCOMMENT> "HU_FSC_REFURBISH_VIN" "0xA0FB" "-" "RES_0xA0FB_R" "-"     "HU_FSC_REFURBISH_VIN" [...]</ARGCOMMENT>

That would make sense as they only informed dealers about this "feature" in April. Hence, I'm sure they have had a few returns already due to techs swapping head units between vehicles. fail
06-05-2016, 17:54 PM,
I really don't know why BMW and its suppliers are bothered creating sub secure solutions like this, it always get hacked and people are moving on passed their measures.

Same with their comfort access, cars being stolen within 3mn. It seems the more they spend, the less it provides any security or prevents people from stealing radios, doing retrofits and so on.
20-05-2016, 15:26 PM,
Why do someone plug evo into a car without using can filter when evo has different fsc vin then car. its nothing new that all navigations systems will have problems with it. on nbt fsc get rejected and on evo it gets locked. but this is nothing new.
20-05-2016, 15:44 PM,
(20-05-2016, 15:26 PM)rrdesign Wrote:  Why do someone plug evo into a car without using can filter when evo has different fsc vin then car. its nothing new that all navigations systems will have problems with it. on nbt fsc get rejected and on evo it gets locked. but this is nothing new.

Wow Thank you for your positive solution to our issue

Now that's out of the way has anyone tried to virginize EVO and code new vin and FSC or recode original vin and FSC code?
20-05-2016, 15:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-05-2016, 15:50 PM by dracon.)
XZBMW  RE: NBT EVO
(20-05-2016, 15:26 PM)rrdesign Wrote:  Why do someone plug evo into a car without using can filter when evo has different fsc vin then car. its nothing new that all navigations systems will have problems with it. on nbt fsc get rejected and on evo it gets locked. but this is nothing new.

The locking part is new for the NBT Evo. Before the newest NBT Evo firmware, installing in a vehicle without a CAN filter would just disable the FSCs like the NBT and CIC systems.

BMW made changes to the NBT Evo firmware starting with the 11-2015 release of ISTA/P (I believe that's 3.57.x). So if an NBT Evo is updated with 3.57.x or higher and then installed in a vehicle without a CAN filter, it'll completely lock the NBT Evo and it's effectively dead as all FSC locked features are permanently disabled.

However, if you installed an NBT Evo that hasn't been updated to 3.57.x or higher, when you install it in another vehicle, it should just reject the FSCs until a CAN filter is installed, then it'll just accept the FSC codes and move on like the NBT and CIC.

(20-05-2016, 15:44 PM)corpus Wrote:  

Wow Thank you for your positive solution to our issue

Now that's out of the way has anyone tried to virginize EVO and code new vin and FSC or recode original vin and FSC code?

You can virginize the NBT Evo using the same method as the NBT (purging all the SWT/FSC data and making it a clean slate). However, my understanding is that with the new firmware this will not work like it did before the new firmware.

Based on BMW's information on Trusted VIN, once it's locked, it's locked. Even if you installed the NBT Evo back into the original vehicle, it'll remain locked and require sending the unit back to BMW for replacement.
20-05-2016, 18:05 PM,
It might sound stupid, but how do you know an EVO unit is in locked state?
Logged error, unable to do something or anything else?
23-05-2016, 08:04 AM,
Did you try inject new cafd to evo? if yes what error did it gave to you? And how did you cleaned fsc?
23-05-2016, 08:16 AM,
And in the moment you injected new cafd and coded unit still no signal message?
i know. you tried upgrade fsc set?