Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Which software for what?? Im confused...
28-03-2016, 08:30 AM,
ZTAudi  Which software for what?? Im confused...
Hello

I work on BMW for years and know exactly which software is for what and how to use it but I'm new in AUDI and get a little bit confused. There is many software and version for download. Can someone please explain me what is the difference, which version is for what and which interface need for it??

VAS
VCDS
ElsaWin
ODIS
ODIS-S
ODIS Engineering

Thanks very much
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 23:44 PM,
RE: Which software for what?? Im confused...
(28-03-2016, 08:30 AM)tukan Wrote:  VAS
VCDS
ElsaWin
ODIS
ODIS-S
ODIS Engineering
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic Information System) is the actual Dealer diagnostic software. There are two different versions of it: ODIS Service (in use at every VAG Dealer-workshop) and there is ODIS Engineering. Most of the time you can do everything you want with just ODIS Service. You need the VAS5054 interface, be careful, there are lot of shitty clones out there. Good ones comes with its price (90-130 USD).
Original one isn't an option for most of us: License, montly costs, high costs buying the interface and so on. If you don't have the original interface, you can't use automatic coding function (SVM coding) and you can't flash control modules with ODIS Service (there are some exceptions). Flashing control units however is always possible in ODIS Engineering, even with the clone interface. There are some other things you can do in Engineering which you can't in Service, but that's not a big deal for you right now.
A little bit more about SVM-coding:
SVM-coding is like: mechanic wants to code a towbar, he puts the 'magic' matching SVM number in the computer, computer with it's online connection to factory checks which control modules should be in it and therefore has to be coded, computer will determine the correct code and start coding everything on its own. Very needed in nowaday cars, sometimes like 16 control modules has to be coded with just a new installed tow bar. On these occasions you'd better visit the Workshop to be sure your coding is gonna be allright. This almost only applies on newer or more expensive cars.

VAS-PC is old, in use before there was ODIS, I never use it nowadays. It's also available for you when you have the VAS5054 interface.

VCDS (also called VAG-COM) is also a diagnostic tool but not an official VAG one. It's from the Ross-tech company but made for VAG vehicles. Also clones available for around 20-30USD but there is also the original one for 300-400USD. Original ones can be updated and will give you the latest information and support for cars. Updating isn't easy/possible on clones. Big advantage of this tool is the Long Code Helper in the software, that's a coding helper which gives you advice about the bits and bytes in plain text per control module. It also provides you security codes to unlock coding which is needed in certain cases. The interface for this doesn't have its own name other than VCDS or VAG-COM or Ross-tech or whatever. Note that in this software you can't flash control modules.

There is another non-official VAG diagnostic tool: VAG CAN PRO. This diagnostic tool is able to flash control modules and do some other interesting stuff. As far as I know there's no clone for it.

Elsa(Win) is the official VAG Dealer software for Repair manuals, Electric Wiring Tables, Database of most common failures and it's solutions, Maintenance and so on.

ETKA is the official VAG Dealer software for finding original partnumbers and it's prices.

About the actual versions: ETKA 7.5 (weekly updates on parts), ELSAWIN 5.2 (Audi latest database available on internet 5.2015), VCDS 15.7.4, ODIS S(ervice) 3.0.2 for clones, ODIS E(ngineering) for clones 6.6.1 I guess, VAS-PC updates stopped @ V19.

Just to be clear, the original Ross-tech and original Vag Can Pro interface are the only legal thing mentioned above.. This summary will do for now I guess.
[+] 16 users say Thank You to razzo for this post
29-03-2016, 06:45 AM,
So I want to flash control modules I need to download this:
software

and get this interface:
interface

??
29-03-2016, 11:16 AM,
Yes for flashing you can use that software, but also download ODIS Service. Sometimes after flashing you need to calibrate some things.

To make your life easy please don't buy that crappy interface. I wasn't bullshitting when I said good ones comes with its price. Look for a interface with:
Three parts (2 above each other, 1 on the side)
Green pcb
OKI chip
"Full chip"
Silver AMB2300 bluetooth chip on the side (not the one with two black chips on the side)

Note that Vag Can Pro is still an option if you want to flash control modules.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to razzo for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DL382 gearbox software by VIN ionut83 3 48 Yesterday, 14:48 PM
Last Post: pupu144
  MQB A0 steering Rack software virgo79 1 132 11-04-2024, 22:58 PM
Last Post: zvonexp
ZVW DQ250-6F MQB Software jfim88 16 833 19-12-2023, 18:33 PM
Last Post: spooky75
ZVW Correct software for DSG Transmission Needed gonibenz 1 243 24-11-2023, 17:10 PM
  vw 0am dsg 7sp latest software file needed deutsch 1 305 07-07-2023, 18:59 PM
Last Post: audi666
  vas5054a software coder 7 867 14-06-2023, 16:48 PM
Last Post: Tekero
ZVW 1K0907379AM: 0106 need software Manoj448 2 255 04-06-2023, 06:21 AM
00Windows MMI 3G HDD Basic LOW HIGH - Software New Logo Wallpaper CenturionM 0 341 06-05-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: CenturionM
ZTAudi 4H0907107H Software version 0099 needed ahmedmph 6 621 29-04-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ahmedmph
  Software file fl_2qd909144f__4220 wangzhengyugg 0 254 22-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: wangzhengyugg