Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Help! C4 Mux not power up when connect to car with cable, but power up with battery
05-04-2016, 01:25 AM,
YTMercedes  Help! C4 Mux not power up when connect to car with cable, but power up with battery
My C4 Mux (Chinese clone) was working fine before, but suddenly stop getting power from car when connected with cable, when I try insert new battery in it, it can boot up.

I am sure the power from the vehicle is working, because i borrowed a C3 from a friend to diagnostic the vehicle after the C4 is not working.
And I have tried with another OBD2 cable between the car and MUX, but same result, the Mux would not boot up. tears
I thought the Mux was totally dead, but when I get home, I tried to put in some battery to the C4 Mux, then the Mux boot up without problem, but I have not try if the Mux could communicate with the vehicle through the obd2 cable.

Does any body know what's wrong with it & how to fix it?
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 22:19 PM,
RE: Help! C4 Mux not power up when connect to car with cable, but power up with battery
(05-04-2016, 01:25 AM)wajai1986 Wrote:  My C4 Mux (Chinese clone) was working fine before, but suddenly stop getting power from car when connected with cable, when I try insert new battery in it, it can boot up.

I am sure the power from the vehicle is working, because i borrowed a C3 from a friend to diagnostic the vehicle after the C4 is not working.
And I have tried with another OBD2 cable between the car and MUX, but same result, the Mux would not boot up. tears
I thought the Mux was totally dead, but when I get home, I tried to put in some battery to the C4 Mux, then the Mux boot up without problem, but I have not try if the Mux could communicate with the vehicle through the obd2 cable.

Seems that one of green fuses on front connector pcb is gone.

It can be repaired, no probs (if all other is OK with that SDC).

Regards!
[+] 6 users say Thank You to baner for this post
06-04-2016, 05:17 AM,
YTMercedes  RE: Help! C4 Mux not power up when connect to car with cable, but power up with battery
[/quote]

Regards!
[/quote]

Would it be possible to show a picture of a C4 board, and point out the fuse on it?
I have a C4 in a very similar condition, maybe it can be resurected.....

Thanks AJ.
06-04-2016, 11:38 AM,
RE: Help! C4 Mux not power up when connect to car with cable, but power up with battery
(05-04-2016, 22:19 PM)baner Wrote:  
(05-04-2016, 01:25 AM)wajai1986 Wrote:  My C4 Mux (Chinese clone) was working fine before, but suddenly stop getting power from car when connected with cable, when I try insert new battery in it, it can boot up.

Regards!

Thank you for your advise.
[Image: s_1459872386_9160939_2d0383021f.jpg]
I checked those fuse resistance with Multimeter , they are faulty
[+] 4 users say Thank You to wajai1986 for this post
07-04-2016, 03:25 AM,
YTMercedes  RE: Help! C4 Mux not power up when connect to car with cable, but power up with battery
[/quote]

Regards!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Great picture, thank You for that "baner"
Opened up one of my defective SDConnect units, and sure enough, was able to replace those fuses, within minutes. I used 1.5A self resetting fuses. Working great again. Thanks for the picture and solution. AJ
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Albert J for this post
06-06-2016, 19:28 PM,

Regards!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Great picture, thank You for that "baner"
Opened up one of my defective SDConnect units, and sure enough, was able to replace those fuses, within minutes. I used 1.5A self resetting fuses. Working great again. Thanks for the picture and solution. AJ
[/quote]

Life was great for a while. Now another malfunction came up.
The MUX is indicating 0.0V from the car on it's own display, but clearly it's powered up from the car.
Obviously there is NO communication between the C4 mux and PC Software since it's indicating 0.0V Picture included.

Does anyone know what goes bad on this C4 Mux power supply boards, that is doesn't register the input voltage of 13.5V ???

Thanks for the help. AJ

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

06-06-2016, 20:59 PM,
POST SELFTEST ???
07-06-2016, 02:57 AM,
(06-06-2016, 20:59 PM)Marcos Wrote:  POST SELFTEST ???

Done a couple of SelfTests, neither one of them finished completely, so I could't take a screenshot. But it certainly done the SelfTest on the internal Battery power.
That was obvious. The 13.5V input Volts are not getting to the mainboard.
Measured both new fuses and they are both passing power, but one or the other little BS component is hanging me up. Frustrating all the inferior components.
07-06-2016, 08:51 AM,
If your cable is fine (please test it), the next step would be to check harder the PCB where the round connector is installed. There are not so many components on it which can be easily checked without desoldering them . Also, look carefully at those linear connectors who are making the transfer from one PCB to the other. Some of them are poorly soldered.
08-06-2016, 01:35 AM,
(07-06-2016, 08:51 AM)Marcos Wrote:  If your cable is fine (please test it), the next step would be to check harder the PCB where the round connector is installed. There are not so many components on it which can be easily checked without desoldering them . Also, look carefully at those linear connectors who are making the transfer from one PCB to the other. Some of them are poorly soldered.

Hi, thanks for the response, I have a couple of cables here, neither one of them have any use on them, and they both behave the same way.
One of the power supply boards passes no voltage at all from the vehicle,[0.0V], the other one shows 7.8V . I did not have any time today to inspect the boards for connection issues, and bad solder spots. Hope I get around to do that tomorrow, I'll post it.

I went through the board and improved on 2-3 solder-spots, and what I found was that as long as the board is cool it will report 13.5Volts from the car. But once it warms up it drops that voltage to 7.5V. That is telling me theat one or the other resistor is getting ready to go bad and this is how it behaves before it completely does.
Did not spot any solder issues on the main board which has the connection pins what looks like an IDE hard drive pin set.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W 203-power consumption problem lomb 5 123 15-04-2024, 08:18 AM
Last Post: gcs190
YTMercedes Xentry Connect C5 Geniue Internal SSD Image ninjahwdp 3 184 10-04-2024, 00:29 AM
Last Post: petr78rus
  MB B class EV only 70km with full battery!? ELMEPRO 4 115 03-04-2024, 15:15 PM
Last Post: ELMEPRO
  DTS Monako 902 and sd connect 4 how to pair bsv2001 2 249 09-12-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: bsv2001
YTMercedes SD connect problem MalamuteVim 4 545 21-11-2023, 11:46 AM
YTMercedes Mercedes 2020 year, 48volt battery crash removal help jonazizbey 6 1,926 06-10-2023, 18:26 PM
Last Post: Viper1989
  Solved ✔ sd connect error 801 fix viki300 5 680 11-08-2023, 15:59 PM
Last Post: viki300
  w202 38 pin xentry / sd connect Liteace 7 582 08-06-2023, 09:04 AM
  How to config ENET cable with DTS 9 dxtri 6 1,002 04-06-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: dxtri
  xentry connect activation neopl1 3 399 14-02-2023, 13:58 PM
Last Post: bytescan