Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

SDconnect PCB & Firmware + Repair + SN Change
01-02-2014, 20:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017, 19:57 PM by JarsaR.)
SDconnect PCB & Firmware + Repair + SN Change
Hey all,

This is just a great forum, so i decided to input something too. hi

Here is few photos of different quality SDkonekts, I hope it will help somebody, to find better clones easier.
I know the CHN sellers wont send inside photos of the tools, but maybe when you receive it, you can see what you have in your hands.

The one with the green ellipses, is what i IMHO consider a pretty good clone. The one with the red ones, is working also, Anyways,
i prefer if the original manufacturer has put something on the PCB, it should be found in the clone unit also.
Missing relays, missing memory card slot and missing LCD displays stand.
The "what i consider" better one, is well known SN; 1559**.
The "what i consider" poorer one, is not so known, starting with 10****.
I also opened Mux with well known number 101***, that also did not get my credit, Wifi card was taped to the PCB and so on.
If you will buy the cheapest one you find, you will propably not get the best one out there.
There are few propblems i have encountered, even with the better looking clones. In on unit batteries dry out fast, even in few days. And once the firmware update did not pass, if i remember correctly, it was 2.2 it refused, but soaked 2.0. If you lose Wifi, after firmware update, in my Muxes it started working again, when i installed the original wifi card, D-Link DWL-G650. I think that in newer firmwares contain driver to the original wifi card, and is not compatible with the Chinese copied card, So it loses Wifi. Theres my 2 cents about SD-Muxes. drunk

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reputation: +4 - cosmin cl [+1] , Balyanchic [+1] , BabeH [+1] , ACloneHasNoName [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 60 users say Thank You to JarsaR for this post
02-05-2014, 20:35 PM,
RE: SDkonekt quality
Here is one sad 101*** tongueuke:

[Image: 15iuso.jpg]

[Image: 24zj2q0.jpg]

Beware of those. :giggle:
[+] 16 users say Thank You to JarsaR for this post
03-05-2014, 04:51 AM,
Good info,thanks.I will open my second mux that receive today and will report back.Unfortunately paying more is not a guarantee one will receive a better quality product.With the chinese sellers,it is a game of trial and error,not a cheap one.
Here are pictures of a cheap one that I was never able to make work further than connecting to SD tool kit shake

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 11 users say Thank You to bawareca for this post
06-05-2014, 10:42 AM,
Maybe compile a list of chinese sellers that do supply the good clones?
06-05-2014, 14:21 PM,
The problem is that the sellers are middle man,they may use one manufacturer today and another one tomorrow.Because it is hard to tell what I will receive,i go with something cheap and return if it doesnt work.At least i didnt pay $1000 for a $500 product.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to bawareca for this post
06-05-2014, 15:12 PM,
(06-05-2014, 14:21 PM)bawareca Wrote:  The problem is that the sellers are middle man,they may use one manufacturer today and another one tomorrow.Because it is hard to tell what I will receive,i go with something cheap and return if it doesnt work.At least i didnt pay $1000 for a $500 product.

yes, but not so easy if your posting back to China, they will try all sorts of things to deny receiving it back etc. And you still have to pay the full postage costs.
07-05-2014, 03:31 AM,
(06-05-2014, 15:12 PM)mardan Wrote:  
(06-05-2014, 14:21 PM)bawareca Wrote:  The problem is that the sellers are middle man,they may use one manufacturer today and another one tomorrow.Because it is hard to tell what I will receive,i go with something cheap and return if it doesnt work.At least i didnt pay $1000 for a $500 product.

yes, but not so easy if your posting back to China, they will try all sorts of things to deny receiving it back etc. And you still have to pay the full postage costs.

But the same thing implies if you pay more.The catch is that you never know what you will receive.
I always pay with credit cards so I have remorse for the chinese people's tricks wink2
[+] 2 users say Thank You to bawareca for this post
08-05-2014, 11:39 AM,
YTMercedes  RE: SDkonekt quality
Hi all,
does anyone know about car electrical regulator?
My place is usually called VLD.

sorry for my english

accumulator -> ? -> several components such as lamps, etc.
and usually there are a lot of switches

sad
05-06-2014, 09:35 AM,
(01-02-2014, 20:51 PM)JarsaR Wrote:  Hey all,

Here is few photos of different quality SDkonekts, I hope it will help somebody, to find better clones easier.
I know the CHN sellers wont send inside photos of the tools, but maybe when you receive it, you can see what you have in your hands.

The one with the green ellipses, is what i IMHO consider a pretty good clone. The one with the red ones, is working also, Anyways,
i prefer if the original manufacturer has put something on the PCB, it should be found in the clone unit also.
I also opened Mux with well known number 101***, that also did not get my credit, Wifi card was taped to the PCB and so on.
If you will buy the cheapest one you find, you will propably not get the best one out there.
There are few propblems i have encountered, even with the better looking clones. In on unit batteries dry out fast, even in few days. And once the firmware update did not pass, if i remember correctly, it was 2.2 it refused, but soaked 2.0. If you lose Wifi, after firmware update, in my Muxes it started working again, when i installed the original wifi card, D-Link DWL-G650. I think that in newer firmwares contain driver to the original wifi card, and is not compatible with the Chinese copied card, So it loses Wifi. Theres my 2 cents about SD-Muxes. drunk

HI..
Did you updated firmware at this one??!!!!!
And REALLY WORKS!!!!! ??????

BR

Vediamo & DTS all version
eCOM with Xentry all version
XENTRY Connect kit2/kit3 support

12-06-2014, 05:53 AM,
(05-06-2014, 09:35 AM)cucuro Wrote:  
(01-02-2014, 20:51 PM)JarsaR Wrote:  Hey all,

HI..
Did you updated firmware at this one??!!!!!
And REALLY WORKS!!!!! ??????

BR

Yes i have, several times. smile
I do not take any responsibility, if you get banned by Diamler,
and i NOT advice to do it, if you dont have to. wink

I have used 2.03/2.2 firmware, with 155***.

You also have the previous version firmware, in your folder; Update_Special.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDconnect c4 not working with DAS passador83 3 67 Yesterday, 15:34 PM
Last Post: gcs190
YTMercedes Change instrument cluster W211 pre-lift for facelift spider231 1 52 27-03-2024, 16:39 PM
Last Post: W211
YTMercedes Solved ✔ C4 plus DoIP - firmware update problem FatMama 7 575 25-12-2023, 20:10 PM
Last Post: FatMama
  sdconnect c4 doip vs. xdos version tintoverano 3 324 01-12-2023, 15:42 PM
  300CE 24 + Xentry + SDconnect Liteace 6 499 17-10-2023, 20:39 PM
Last Post: Liteace
YTMercedes NTG3 firmware downgrade szilagyilajos 1 275 15-08-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: W123
  C3 mux repair help alejandrolleida 2 300 23-07-2023, 18:39 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY
  SDconnect C4 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from Wi-Fi randomly tonkostz 3 589 23-07-2023, 18:37 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY
  Solved ✔ change gear ratio for egs52 jurscam 3 331 08-06-2023, 09:07 AM
YTMercedes W209 m271 1.8k how change ecu value sim4lke KrystianPL 0 161 07-06-2023, 06:18 AM
Last Post: KrystianPL