Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ running diagnosis "on the table"
07-02-2019, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2019, 10:14 AM by Clusters.)
JFiat  running diagnosis "on the table"
Hello, 
i have a question about running diagnosis on ecu that is not connected to the car.
The thing is about xenon lamps from 500 abarth. The ecu controlling the headlamps is in the left headlight and according to wiring diagram it is diagnosed by k line. There are no more other connections to BCM or other modules visible on the diagram.
The headlamps are connected with each other, also there are leveling sensors connected to the left lamp. I have connected everything to a power supply with about 13,5V. I also took the obd port and connected the positive supply to the 16th pin, and negative to pins 4 and 5. The k line from pin 7th of my plug i have connected to the k line of the lamp.
I have a Viaken KKL cable, and a free version of MES. The software sees the cable, but cannot connect to headlight ecu. My question is if it is possible to run diagnosis in this way, or there is a need of some more connections to be made, or it is impossible at all to connect without the car?

Thank You in advance for you answer.
07-02-2019, 19:20 PM,
RE: running diagnosis "on the table"
Hello

If You look after carefully on your diagram or on the MES site You will see that You need try on pin 12 (instead of 7) with this modul. Btw free version of MES will give only id on this modul probably (can't make diagnostic).

br, tronico
07-02-2019, 21:37 PM,
Hello, and thankyou for your answer, but I belive that the connection is ok. On the cable k line is on the 7th pin, in the cars obd plug it is on the 12 pin, and that is why you need the yellow adapter. As I am connecting the k line straight from the Headlight I belive that my connection is correct... Or am I wrong?
Getting even the ID would be a start, then i would know that i have connection and could try with different software.
10-02-2019, 08:49 AM,
when you try to connect with ecu you have all the info of it? (s/w,h/d no etc?)
11-02-2019, 08:14 AM,
No, i get a message that there is no response from the ecu. I am choosing Litronic Xenon left headlight (that is the only option in MES 4.3 for fiat 500). I have connected the lamps according to the diagram in the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

11-02-2019, 19:34 PM,
(07-02-2019, 21:37 PM)emtezet Wrote:  Hello, and thankyou for your answer, but I belive that the connection is ok. On the cable k line is on the 7th pin, in the cars obd plug it is on the 12 pin, and that is why you need the yellow adapter. As I am connecting the k line straight from the Headlight I belive that my connection is correct... Or am I wrong?
Getting even the ID would be a start, then i would know that i have connection and could try with different software.

Sure, You are right about k-line connection on pin 7 (my bad, I always thinking on my CANtieCAR interface with integrated switch inside).

Anyway, if You switch the positive to the pin 1 (left headlight) is this making at least a self levelling?
12-02-2019, 06:33 AM,
Yes it does, the engines in headlights moves them down and then up again. But after this process they do not respond when i try to move the sensors - probably because they are not calibrated. That is why i wanted to connect diagnose and do the aligment.
17-02-2019, 10:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-02-2019, 10:50 AM by Archimedz.)
Pin1 on module and pin 16 on diag together connected to +12
pin14 to pin 4 or 5 and to negative
pin11 to pin 7 on diag
You can try to give +12 to pin 5 on module, but it's looking just for switching lights.
18-02-2019, 05:49 AM,
That is exactly the connections that i have made but still no response from the module... i'll try maybe with different cable like a bluetooth elm27 obd adapter.
22-02-2019, 06:40 AM,
Hello, the problem is solved.
I have to say that mes in the free version is a mess. I have tried to use a different cable and bt adapter - no luck. Then i downloaded the alfaOBD for my phone and used the BT adapter from konwei and it worked straight away! I was able to connect to the headlamp and perform the calibration. Thankyou for your help.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to emtezet for this post