Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

What tool to buy AutohexII or BMW Explorer
02-03-2017, 07:09 AM,
What tool to buy AutohexII or BMW Explorer
I've been doing alot of research on what genuine tool to buy that fits my needs.
There are 2 tools left which is AutohexII and BMW Explorer.
My requirements for E and F series:
-making keys
-replacing dme with an used one inc. everything to make it work
-egs with an used one inc. everything to make it work
-isn reading and writing
-replacing cas module inc. everything to make it work
-custom coding
-flashing modules
-fa manager
-adjusting running hours
-reading of fault codes
-installing and coding an used cluster of F models. (6WA + 6WB)

I see that AutohexII requires an internet connecting. At my shop I don't have an internet connecting which is a big disadvantage.

AutohexII has good support. I don't see anything for BMW Explorer.

I do have a software engineering background.

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 14:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 14:10 PM by racin-snake.)
RE: What tool to buy AutohexII or BMW Explorer
Autohex is great although I have never used Explorer .
Although if you have no wifi in your workshop just tether the laptop through your phone making it a mobile hotspot .
I have to do this occasionally when doing work mobile .
The things AUTOHEX can do is staggering well worth the investment IMHO .
[+] 7 users say Thank You to racin-snake for this post
25-03-2017, 08:56 AM,
I've made my decision and it will be BMW Explorer.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
28-07-2019, 19:57 PM,
XZBMW  RE: What tool to buy AutohexII or BMW Explorer
(25-03-2017, 08:56 AM)Fx82 Wrote:  I've made my decision and it will be BMW Explorer.

Why did you deside for bmw-explorer?
What is the price for whole things from your list? - does the bmw explorer is for all things that you listed? What pack did you buy and where for what price? Thanks
28-07-2019, 20:21 PM,
(25-03-2017, 08:56 AM)Fx82 Wrote:  I've made my decision and it will be BMW Explorer.

please, if you started this thread already and also had made a decision on one of the above mentioned tools, could you please explain why. I think it would be interesting for everyone to know why. I also have my "to buy" list and there is Autohex 2 on that list. I might change my mind as well if there is a good reason.
28-07-2019, 20:51 PM,
Sure I'll reply tomorrow.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Fx82 for this post
29-07-2019, 07:57 AM,
I have both tools because my BMW explorer got damaged and I had been fed rumours that support was bad so in anticipation of delays ig getting it going again, I got autohex, only to get my explorer repaired in a week!! Before Fx82 gives his experience

BMW explorer - Almost exclusively a BMW tool so of course will be thorough. If you are the kind who has no knowledge or is too lazy to learn how to do things then this is not your tool. They wont entertain silly questions. Like asking how can I replace a used DME. User manual is comprehensive. Russian English but quite good. You get this tool to do for you what you understand. You need Hitag or Tango to make keys, Clone Htag can work. Clone tango does not work for me, error making key container. Interface is simple and to the point. OBD for most things. You can buy licences on the go. Takes 3minutes to purchase a license, all online and automatically, license for life. ECU explorer for tricore ISN work. Bench connections straight forward.
Offline tool for most things.

Autohex - Handles other car models but still equally good as it seems to value BMW. Very active support online for those who like being spoon fedsmile Here you can be a novice and keep asking support to hold your hands. Good locksmith too and some added features like FRM repair, CAS dump reading, EEprom reading and cluster dump reading. Online tool, no options.

For yearly license fee you get online programming and coding too.

Personally I love explorer for its simplicity and nice user interface. Still Autohex is a very attractive tool too! Choice is yours.

Funny enough I still like Yanhua mini better for making duplicate keys and repairing FRMs, no soldering!!
[+] 5 users say Thank You to willisodhiambo for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW SSD Creator Ncsexpert (New Tool) scorpium59 545 39,139 17-04-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: scorpium59
  GenEsys Creator (New Tool FA ESYS) scorpium59 410 30,256 08-04-2024, 13:05 PM
Last Post: johnautotec
XZBMW Tool for bench read 8hp Garryq 9 1,660 26-03-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: skywoker
  TESTO tool with ICOM Rolzs 5 425 17-03-2024, 20:23 PM
Last Post: Vojno
XZBMW Tool for OBD read / write ZF 8hp TIGHTFIN 7 769 10-03-2024, 07:46 AM
Last Post: syrus
  Engineering Tool mertdavid 2 624 09-03-2024, 17:24 PM
Last Post: pshoey
XZBMW Tool for 35160 eeprom Emmy67 19 2,933 28-02-2024, 13:44 PM
Last Post: Adekborys69
  hu tool & bmw engeering tool comparison Prometheus 121 40,965 22-02-2024, 13:23 PM
Last Post: codemybmw
XZBMW << Perfekt Toolbox 0.2b >> e6X/e7X/e8X/e9X Cluster Tool acolt 104 31,011 11-01-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: NeRkO20
XZBMW FA tool jojosqsq 7 952 25-12-2023, 16:38 PM
Last Post: Rob@BU