Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

CIC browser certs
10-07-2017, 13:57 PM,
CIC browser certs
Hi guys!

As many of you know the browser certificates in the CIC are outdated now. So if you try to open any site using SSL connection (probably most of them uses SSL) you'll get SSL connection error. Does anybody has any idea how to fix that? I know that CIC's browser is not very useful thing, but it's just for "everything should work".
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2017, 10:17 AM,
RE: CIC browser certs
You can upload certs with tool32

but the how to seems to be a good question
15-07-2017, 11:19 AM,
(15-07-2017, 10:17 AM)mooby Wrote:  You can upload certs with tool32

but the how to seems to be a good question

Yeah, I saw several jobs in Tool32, but don't know where I can get certs. Maybe someone can get them from NBT EVO...
19-07-2017, 20:23 PM,
XZBMW  RE: CIC browser certs
Hello. So can you solve this problem or not?
20-07-2017, 17:17 PM,
(19-07-2017, 20:23 PM)subaru76 Wrote:  Hello. So can you solve this problem or not?

I have the certs with fsc tools imported, but it has not changed, navigation is still not working.

I guess the software of cic needs to be flashed, before import the certs and the fsc.

Has anyone of you still some solution suggestions? Maybe there is another way.
20-07-2017, 20:14 PM,
(20-07-2017, 17:17 PM)BMWfreak92 Wrote:  
(19-07-2017, 20:23 PM)subaru76 Wrote:  Hello. So can you solve this problem or not?

I have the certs with fsc tools imported, but it has not changed, navigation is still not working.

I guess the software of cic needs to be flashed, before import the certs and the fsc.

Has anyone of you still some solution suggestions? Maybe there is another way.

The certs that this thread refers to are the Internet browser certificates inside CIC.
Your post is about an issue with CIC FSC certificates and importation of it.

Short version:
FSC certificates = needed to match your actual unique code for your car VIN. If they "match" the related FSC code and function is accepted and activated.

Browser certs = needed to be able to enter many websites that uses SSL on the internet.

You can read more about SSL and certs here below(text is copy paste from internet)

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and its successor Transport Layer Security (TLS) are cryptographic protocols designed to provide secure connection between a server and a client, typically a web server and a browser or a mail server and a mail client.

SSL protocol defines the structure of the data transfered and the procedure to establish an encrypted connection, it also makes sure of the integrity of the data.

Normally, data is sent between browsers and web servers in plain text, which is vulnerable to eavesdropping. SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, user names and passwords, personal details to be transmitted securely.

SSL is used on a daily basis. Internet users recognize secure connection in browsers by a padlock icon next to the website address or a green address bar that comes with extended validation certificates. SSL secured websites also begin with https.

To be able to help you with your fsc issue, please post a new thread in the correct section of the forums and include logs, screenshots, more information and I'll try to help you out. Maybe I can remote in via teamviewer if needed.

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Loliceman for this post
20-07-2017, 20:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-07-2017, 20:23 PM by mooby.)
yes

@bmwfreak92

Read and understand theme

this thread has nothing to do with fsc certs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW BMW CIC PATCHER v2 - GENERATE YOUR OWN RETROFIT FSC CERTS intel123 891 467,979 20-04-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: fe7565
XZBMW E70 Certs, how to 'virginize' CIC or get FSTool working? Tawa 5 1,191 20-01-2022, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ccfj1
  Can't change Dchp setting in Icom web browser Mr Bimmer 2 1,077 26-07-2017, 23:04 PM
Last Post: Mr Bimmer
  Need EVO ID4 FSC certs 840i 7 2,513 01-09-2016, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Gabrola