Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

NBT Evo ATM retrofit. RTTI possible??
28-07-2017, 18:36 PM,
RE: NBT Evo ATM retrofit. RTTI possible??
@Hkgans
Please, you can share pinout from quadlook to oabr for codify in order correct NBT-EVO?
Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2017, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-07-2017, 01:19 AM by Clusters.)
(28-07-2017, 14:58 PM)coach.recio Wrote:  
(28-07-2017, 00:57 AM)hkgans Wrote:  hi coach

my connection is:
atm oabr
pin 2 .......> evo oabr pin 4 Ethernet
pin 4 .......> evo oabr pin 2 Ethernet
pin 7 ......> to any CAN 2 high
pin 9 ......> to any CAN 2 low

atm black 6 pin
pin 3 ..... +12
pin 4 ...... ground

I didn't connect other pins such as the microphone, acsm and roof light module ETC. those will be done later if the rtti is successful.

while I am waiting for someone to give me hint on my setup, I will redo my evo VO coding properly with 6AE this time. will report later.

Thank you so much, hkgans! Two more questions:
- Which cable have you used to link ATM with Evo?
- Where do you recommend to buy ATM?

I hope this thread solve all our questions!

I am using a normal twisted pair, I will change it to a shielded twisted pair later to also connect the shield ATM pin 3 to EVO oabr pin 8 as I am still not able to make Ethernet connection between ATM and EVO.

I could only find one new unit for my region CHN, I think it's better to buy a used. I bought it from eBay.

Ethernet connection is the first hurdle, then will need to solve the provision using non oem method which I'm not sure if it will work in the end.

(28-07-2017, 18:36 PM)gvitkis Wrote:  @Hkgans
Please, you can share pinout from quadlook to oabr for codify in order correct NBT-EVO?
Thanks

a quick search in Google will give you this:

[Image: BMW_NBT_2_EVO_ETHERNET_PORT.jpg]
[+] 4 users say Thank You to hkgans for this post
18-08-2017, 14:34 PM,
Any news about this thread?

It would be good to share part numbers of cables and connectors if possible. Any one has retrofitted atm with evo successfully??
19-08-2017, 13:51 PM,
(18-08-2017, 14:34 PM)coach.recio Wrote:  Any news about this thread?

It would be good to share part numbers of cables and connectors if possible. Any one has retrofitted atm with evo successfully??

Still no luck. Someone in another forum said my ATM (a 'new' non-registered one) won't work because it hasn't been activated by BMW and only BMW can activate it, so I'm going to put this project aside At The Moment until I could find a used one. So sad.
24-09-2017, 20:55 PM,
I have retrofited multiple Evos with ATM modules ECE version.
It is a lot of work if you want to switch over from TCB to ATM, but it works all, including ECALL, GPS, RTTI and everything else (ONLY Remote services I was not able to get working)
- BMW Shop also works.

Use ista-d for full pinout of TCB and ATM, and than just move them accordingly - takes time, but hey.

My secret: Use the USB cable of TCB and splice it. You will only use few wires from it and shielding.

Hope it helps. I'm not going to give you full manuall with everything how-to, don't ask. Get ista-d and spend 4h re writing all pinouts changes into your iphone notes, and go work on it. It works.

Was it helpful? Greatenjoy,
please click click Respect ------under and ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks under
Visit this user's website
[+] 2 users say Thank You to yoodog for this post
24-09-2017, 23:03 PM,
Regarding the vin... ATM will use the Vin that is inside your EVO becasue ATM is mostly a modem. However, it is best to use the vin of ATM inside EVO becasue ATM does store the vin inside, and if ATM has remote services than you will only be able to activate them if vin in HU AND ATM is the same. Other wise the confirmation code tha bmw will send will not show up on EVO, even though it is probably in your ATM

Was it helpful? Greatenjoy,
please click click Respect ------under and ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks under
Visit this user's website
[+] 5 users say Thank You to yoodog for this post
26-09-2017, 09:14 AM,
(24-09-2017, 23:03 PM)yoodog Wrote:  Regarding the vin... ATM will use the Vin that is inside your EVO becasue ATM is mostly a modem. However, it is best to use the vin of ATM inside EVO becasue ATM does store the vin inside, and if ATM has remote services than you will only be able to activate them if vin in HU AND ATM is the same. Other wise the confirmation code tha bmw will send will not show up on EVO, even though it is probably in your ATM

I have a M4 With NBT EVO ID4 and ATM module from factory. I upgraded to ID5/ID6 Lite and want to get Online services active again. How can i do this?
Please help smile
26-09-2017, 09:42 AM,
(24-09-2017, 20:55 PM)yoodog Wrote:  I have retrofited multiple Evos with ATM modules ECE version.
It is a lot of work if you want to switch over from TCB to ATM, but it works all, including ECALL, GPS, RTTI and everything else (ONLY Remote services I was not able to get working)
- BMW Shop also works.

Use ista-d for full pinout of TCB and ATM, and than just move them accordingly - takes time, but hey.

My secret: Use the USB cable of TCB and splice it. You will only use few wires from it and shielding.

Hope it helps. I'm not going to give you full manuall with everything how-to, don't ask. Get ista-d and spend 4h re writing all pinouts changes into your iphone notes, and go work on it. It works.

+1
i also use it. i bought pair of this connectors for not cut original tcb wire.
[Image: 2016090115033447723.jpg]

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if This post help or is usefull for you! Not is needed write just only thanks in Threads thumbsup
[+] 4 users say Thank You to ruben_17non for this post
02-10-2017, 12:15 PM,
For those who are interested yet in retrofitting ATM: As I had problems with ISTA/D and wiring diagrams on it, I have found this website with diagrams:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f22-2...ation-box/

In this case, it is for a 2-series BMW and as you can see, there are electric diagrams for ATM, TCB, TPL... etc. I am trying to study them and get any conclusion. If so, I will share it with all of you. Hope it helps
28-10-2017, 23:00 PM,
(26-09-2017, 09:42 AM)ruben_17non Wrote:  
(24-09-2017, 20:55 PM)yoodog Wrote:  I have retrofited multiple Evos with ATM modules ECE version.
- BMW Shop also works.

+1
i also use it. i bought pair of this connectors for not cut original tcb wire.
[Image: 2016090115033447723.jpg]

who can i this buy in Europe? and not 100pcs

i need firstly 5 pcs smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 7 585 11 hours ago
Last Post: SANYA
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 12 299 17-04-2024, 15:07 PM
Last Post: user_530d
XZBMW Neck warmer retrofit Just2fast5 5 324 17-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Spirit5676
  ID4 evo to ID6 Evo full retrofit, ATM issues 03178A mitch32 1 133 15-04-2024, 17:52 PM
Last Post: mitch32
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 19 2,226 15-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: evaldazj
  NBT EVO - RTTI VIN numbers Kamcio 1 162 12-04-2024, 21:26 PM
Last Post: shaggyshadow
XZBMW BMW E84 Cruise control retrofit not workig Alyn546 4 203 12-04-2024, 14:23 PM
Last Post: DieStream
  F10 FLA retrofit beng2k 30 982 11-04-2024, 18:43 PM
Last Post: beng2k
XZBMW BMW f20 KOMBI2 retrofit bm92 15 442 10-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: bm92
XZBMW NBT & TCB EU Online & RTTi Siki78 155 25,866 05-04-2024, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Siki78