Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ETKA - Data update failed...
01-08-2017, 18:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 03:36 AM by Clusters.)
ETKA - Data update failed...
Hi,

I have just tried to update the data and prices for my ETKA 7.5 Plus, but it fails while trying to install the new updates...
At the moment, I have following data versions installed:
- VW: 1179
- SE: 705
- SK: 711
- AU: 1179
(All with "/513", whatever that means...)

But when I let ETKA install new updates, it fails at the end on all of them... First pic

I ran the diagnostics under maintenance and got this on SE:
(Looks (almost) the same, when running the diagnostics on ie. VW) Second pic

I haven't actually done anything, other than cancelling the update downloading process, since I used the "wrong" updater...
I usually use the ETKA Loader 0.6.00 by algeni, but this time I accidentally ran the ETKA Data Updater by KrAzYtHeBoY.
It shouldn't make any difference, but I anyhow cancelled it while it were downloading.

I have already tried to remove the .EXE-files inside "\DATA\XX\Update\" and deleting "\DATA\XX\Data1" and renamed "\DATA\XX\Data2" to "\DATA\XX\Data1"
(XX = the brand (ie. VW, SE, etc.))

UPDATE:
Okay... So VW is already updated to 1183...

I deleted "\DATA\VW\Data2", renamed "Data1" to "Data2", moved the "Data1"-folder from the Recyclebin back to "\DATA\VW\" and it turned out that VW did succeed to update the first time.

Unfortunately, I didn't save all the recycled "Data1" folders from the other brands...
So it seems that I only have saved my VW data...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

//NO^DICKHILL thumbsup

If this was helpful - please let me know! (o;
(A quick and simple click for you, means alot for me!)
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 20:24 PM,
RE: ETKA - Data update failed...
Those images can be uploaded here if you save them to your desktop then attach them. The [img] function doesn't like some links.

If someone took the time to help you, the least you can do is take a few seconds and press two buttons! 

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation.
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Clusters for this post
02-08-2017, 03:16 AM,
Haha.. Why didn't I thought about attaching them instead? gavel

Thanks for the advice! rofl
I'll change it later, when I get near a computer.
(I'm at my phone atm.)

//NO^DICKHILL thumbsup

02-08-2017, 03:37 AM,
Done it for you, bored rolling

thumbsup

If someone took the time to help you, the least you can do is take a few seconds and press two buttons! 

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation.
Reputation: +3 - Diagnostix [+1] , Balyanchic [+1] , DICKHILL [+1]
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Clusters for this post
02-08-2017, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 09:01 AM by sixcode.)
(01-08-2017, 18:02 PM)DICKHILL Wrote:  Hi,

I have just tried to update the data and prices for my ETKA 7.5 Plus, but it fails while trying to install the new updates...

But when I let ETKA install new updates, it fails at the end on all of them... First pic

I haven't actually done anything, other than cancelling the update downloading process, since I used the "wrong" updater...
I usually use the ETKA Loader 0.6.00 by algeni, but this time I accidentally ran the ETKA Data Updater by KrAzYtHeBoY.
It shouldn't make any difference, but I anyhow cancelled it while it were downloading.

I have already tried to remove the .EXE-files inside "\DATA\XX\Update\" and deleting "\DATA\XX\Data1" and renamed "\DATA\XX\Data2" to "\DATA\XX\Data1"

UPDATE:

I deleted "\DATA\VW\Data2", renamed "Data1" to "Data2", moved the "Data1"-folder from the Recyclebin back to "\DATA\VW\" and it turned out that VW did succeed to update the first time.

Unfortunately, I didn't save all the recycled "Data1" folders from the other brands...

there are problems with the updates, i have the same on VMWare windows 7 and second one on xp.. also installing v8 of etka will not solve it

solution for now is do manual update, and DONT REMOVE DATA1 AND DATA2 folders..

for your error go to etka\data\se\update\temp "when your update is installing" copy upxxxx.log and "afer" update put the file in se\data1

now you update is applied

i did check the updates and thy are installed only the updxxx.log file fails to update

Don't PM me for SW keys, FRM, Licences, radio codes or similar, you will not get any answer...
[+] 10 users say Thank You to sixcode for this post
02-08-2017, 11:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017, 17:28 PM by DICKHILL.)
(02-08-2017, 03:37 AM)Clusters Wrote:  Done it for you, bored rolling

thumbsup
Thank you very much! biggrin

(02-08-2017, 08:56 AM)sixcode Wrote:  

UPDATE:

there are problems with the updates, i have the same on VMWare windows 7 and second one on xp.. also installing v8 of etka will not solve it

for your error go to etka\data\se\update\temp "when your update is installing" copy upxxxx.log and "afer" update put the file in se\data1

i did check the updates and thy are installed only the updxxx.log file fails to update

Thanks for your reply!! (:

I will give it a try and only update one version at the time and copy the "updXXXX.log" to a temp. location.

I have my ETKA on a Windows 10 ESXi VM, where I never have experienced any problems, until i screwed it up yesterday... (o:

The reason why I removed and renamed the "DataX" folders, were because I read it on another forum I found while Googling the problem..
But that didn't do much, so I will keep the folders as they are, in the future! (:

UPDATE:
I succeeded to update Skoda to 714 one by one, by copying the "updXXXX.log" to "Data1"
(First it failed, which were because I forgot to remove the old .LOG-file.)

But when 712 were installed, it couldn't update/install 713 by itself...
I had to do the same for 712-714 (SK)...

You did mention "i did check the updates and thy are installed only the updxxx.log file fails to update"
So is that just normal now or have I done something wrong?
(Is there another solution to update, now when I can't run the .EXE-files? ("No commandline supplied!"))

I still got error in database, when running diagnostics on SK...
But no errors when running diagnostics on VW.

(Wondering if it's because I screwed it up...)

NEW UPDATE:
Okay... I did it the easy way and reinstalled whole ETKA...
(Renamed "VWAU" and installed it again)
After installation, I ran the data updater by KrAzYtHeBoY and all updates got installed without any problems!

So problem solved, but I will of course still say thanks for your replies and help! (:

//NO^DICKHILL thumbsup

03-08-2017, 07:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 07:54 AM by sixcode.)
@ DICKHILL post the "data updater by KrAzYtHeBoY" please

edit

i have it... this is the translated one from Krosik....

Don't PM me for SW keys, FRM, Licences, radio codes or similar, you will not get any answer...
06-08-2017, 18:51 PM,
(02-08-2017, 08:56 AM)sixcode Wrote:  

UPDATE:

hi sixcode,

thanks for this information to do manuell installation like you show the way.
now it works cheerscheersenjoy
by the way is there a solution after restart pc not everytime patch system
of hardlock 7 error...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audi a3 8v update on313no 3 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: pupu144
ZVW MIB3 3GB035866B firmware update wanglejin 0 64 20-04-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: wanglejin
  SKODA OCTAVIA A8 MY2023 infotainment update file giannis20vt 3 212 02-04-2024, 16:35 PM
Last Post: giannis20vt
  PETKA 8.3 UPDATE 8.6 omarzoro 5 435 31-03-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: omarzoro
  PETKA 8.6 Update Patch by XTR3M3 hartar197 25 7,388 17-03-2024, 17:11 PM
Last Post: jcd
ZVW VW ID.4/ID.6 Gateway Update JoZerByte 3 265 13-03-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: JoZerByte
ZVW I need original data frontcamera data 3q0980654L mirek22 2 131 08-03-2024, 19:12 PM
Last Post: mirek22
  ODIS 4.3.3 Update 51.0.670 wg969 11 4,052 06-03-2024, 15:54 PM
Last Post: BigNode
ZTAudi Audi MMI 3G High update, help please XuLeTZ 5 244 26-02-2024, 20:36 PM
Last Post: pupu144
  Disable update in Odis BIMMERSIMBA 5 423 21-01-2024, 01:01 AM
Last Post: c20091929