Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Flashing ZGW 1 to ZGW 2 & CIC & NBT bench test, Please help
05-10-2017, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM by nguyennhatquang.)
XZBMW  Flashing ZGW 1 to ZGW 2 & CIC & NBT bench test, Please help
Hello Everybody.
I'm a newbie in BMW NBT & CIC bench test platform.
I have some questions if any expert in here can help, I'm really appreciate that.

1: I power the icom with CIC, all the plug in..but no ZGW. icom doens't see KL15 as CIC doesn't turn on. As some of my research it need ZGW to turn on the screen is that correct?

2: in order to power on CIC we need ZGW 01(if it correct) with most bus so it can work? I wonder does it possible to use used unit then flash it again with other VIN so when we put it in car? & does the ZGW control the KL15 in this car?

3: I heard some people said ZGW 01 with metal case can be flash to ZGW2 8sk software. is this correct? so we can use it with NBT test when we need then we use it with CIC when we need?
If it true please teach me how to do it via Esys?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please hit Reputation button if u think my info is helpful.
Regards
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to nguyennhatquang for this post
06-10-2017, 03:42 AM,
RE: Flashing ZGW 1 to ZGW 2 & CIC & NBT bench test, Please help
Hello!

I will try to answer your questions, I have some experience in this.

1. You need something that will emulate ignition kl15. Preferably a CAN bridge or a simple CAN-USB adapter. If you are very rich and adventurous, you could get a CAS4 with matching key.

2. You need a ZGW with MOST yes. It doesn't necessarily have to be the metal one. I have seen many ZGW with black plastic case, and as long as they have MOST, they are cic compatible.
Some early ZGW however, seems to lack the ability for ethernet.
Yes you Can change VIN on the ZGW with tool32, and if you want to load it with a specific FA, you just VO code any module or headunit connected in your bench, you need to have "Update VCM after tal execution" enabled for this.

3. Yes most ZGW with MOST can be flashed to 8sk firmware/software. Both Metal and plastic. But as I said earlier, some of the early ZGW seems to lack Ethernet.
So it only works if you want to fit it inside a car, and skip ethernet connected.. They are quite crappy for bench hehe.

It's easy to flash ZGW, I use this method:
Go to "TAL calculation" => Load FA from 2012/07 or above F10/F11 => Read ECU, save it as SVT_IST.XML => Edit this, change the line "Basevariant" from ZGW to ZGW2, save => load this SVT_IST.XML under "KIS target" => now calculate TAL and you should see ZGW wants a flash.

Regards

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

Reputation: +6 - nguyennhatquang [+1] , gvitkis [+1] , Roo [+1] , CEBEP [+1] , DJenka [+1] , BMWdriva [+1]
[+] 21 users say Thank You to Loliceman for this post
06-10-2017, 13:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-10-2017, 09:17 AM by Clusters.)
@Locitemen :
First I want to say thank you for helping me out.
would u please answer some of my few more question?
1 : So where can I buy a Can Bridge or USB-CAN adapter... which can Stimulate KL15... & If u please teach me how to make it?

2 : what is the PRG I should run for ZGW.. & what is the command line if you can share?

3 : how can I know my ZGW has Ethernet port or not? I thought all of F series car use Enet?
& if I flash the ZGW with icom : what conection method I should use ?
1st : conection via gateway url
2nd : conection via icom ethernet
3rd : conection via icom??

Best Regards

Regards
06-10-2017, 16:42 PM,
Get CantieCAR, i think it can be used for this.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to raduandrei82 for this post
06-10-2017, 22:01 PM,
(05-10-2017, 11:20 AM)nguyennhatquang Wrote:  Hello Everybody.
I'm a newbie in BMW NBT & CIC bench test platform.
I have some questions if any expert in here can help, I'm really appreciate that.

1: I power the icom with CIC, all the plug in..but no ZGW. icom doens't see KL15 as CIC doesn't turn on. As some of my research it need ZGW to turn on the screen is that correct?

2: in order to power on CIC we need ZGW 01(if it correct) with most bus so it can work? I wonder does it possible to use used unit then flash it again with other VIN so when we put it in car? & does the ZGW control the KL15 in this car?

3: I heard some people said ZGW 01 with metal case can be flash to ZGW2 8sk software. is this correct? so we can use it with NBT test when we need then we use it with CIC when we need?
If it true please teach me how to do it via Esys?
Hi
if you have the emulator of the 1st picture you can use it to start up you nbt on bench just turn switch to ON , CAN H pin 11 , CAN L pin 9

• FSC Patch CIC/NBT/EVO/ENAV2/MGU
  • Remove Component Protection EVO/ENAV2/MGU
  • VIRGIN KAFAS/RAM/ENAV2/EVO/MGU
  • VIRGIN EGS ZF / DCT
  • Secure Coding 2.0 Type Key, FA, SFA

Please Hit Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] and Reputation [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if I helped you under
[+] 2 users say Thank You to sameur10 for this post
07-10-2017, 06:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 06:56 AM by nguyennhatquang.)
(06-10-2017, 22:01 PM)sameur10 Wrote:  Hi
if you have the emulator of the 1st picture you can use it to start up you nbt on bench just turn switch to ON , CAN H pin 11 , CAN L pin 9

the one I have on the Table now is CIC not NBT? so does this Emulator work?
I haven't plug in ZGW yet .. Does it need ZGW to turn on the KL15 ?
regard.

Regards
25-10-2017, 19:57 PM,
Car with ZGM has CAS, who send KL15 msg. So, to turn KL15 on you need either set of cas with key or device that send kl15 message.
26-10-2017, 12:12 PM,
(06-10-2017, 03:42 AM)Loliceman Wrote:  Hello!

I will try to answer your questions, I have some experience in this.

1. You need something that will emulate ignition kl15. Preferably a CAN bridge or a simple CAN-USB adapter. If you are very rich and adventurous, you could get a CAS4 with matching key.

2. You need a ZGW with MOST yes. It doesn't necessarily have to be the metal one. I have seen many ZGW with black plastic case, and as long as they have MOST, they are cic compatible.
Some early ZGW however, seems to lack the ability for ethernet.
Yes you Can change VIN on the ZGW with tool32, and if you want to load it with a specific FA, you just VO code any module or headunit connected in your bench, you need to have "Update VCM after tal execution" enabled for this.

3. Yes most ZGW with MOST can be flashed to 8sk firmware/software. Both Metal and plastic. But as I said earlier, some of the early ZGW seems to lack Ethernet.
So it only works if you want to fit it inside a car, and skip ethernet connected.. They are quite crappy for bench hehe.

It's easy to flash ZGW, I use this method:
Go to "TAL calculation" => Load FA from 2012/07 or above F10/F11 => Read ECU, save it as SVT_IST.XML => Edit this, change the line "Basevariant" from ZGW to ZGW2, save => load this SVT_IST.XML under "KIS target" => now calculate TAL and you should see ZGW wants a flash.

Regards

Hello
in F1x with zgw01 how can i have can3 for full led lights
31-10-2017, 22:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 00:08 AM by rus-bmw.)
[Image: zgwjpg_8553781_28133557.jpg]
Hello! This is my ZGW2-MID. NBT does not need a 8SK. It may be 4SK. This is not important for the NBT. I connected on the bench NBT, ENTRY, CIC, CIC-MID, with this ZGW and flashed in zgw-1 and zgw-2 many times. Also connected in the metal case.
NBT can be launched without a ZGWwink

For nbt it is better to use a power supply more than 10 amperes.

[+] 23 users say Thank You to rus-bmw for this post
01-11-2017, 13:11 PM,
(31-10-2017, 22:30 PM)rus-bmw Wrote:  [Image: zgwjpg_8553781_28133557.jpg]
Hello! This is my ZGW2-MID. NBT does not need a 8SK. It may be 4SK. This is not important for the NBT. I connected on the bench NBT, ENTRY, CIC, CIC-MID, with this ZGW and flashed in zgw-1 and zgw-2 many times. Also connected in the metal case.
NBT can be launched without a ZGWwink

For nbt it is better to use a power supply more than 10 amperes.

Hello Friend,
Congratulations, what do you use to wake up NBT, USB-CAN?
What kind of diagnostic equipment is connected to the OBD shown in photos 1 and 4 that you have attached?
Thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MGU Bench connection kimz 4 417 22-04-2024, 17:06 PM
Last Post: kimz
  Flashing hybrid cars with E-sys ravager 0 145 18-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ravager
  F10 Headlight Test Platform DaBotta 1 198 04-04-2024, 21:11 PM
Last Post: DaBotta
  Test bench Connection to CAN ECU's HaakonA 3 312 03-04-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: sixcode
XZBMW Tool for bench read 8hp Garryq 9 1,668 26-03-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: skywoker
  Bosch MEVD172H bench backup mrproper 1 278 23-03-2024, 18:43 PM
Last Post: Ratnik1990
  Flashing a stock box map to an E60 with XHP? GoNz0- 10 403 20-03-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: tomaxsas
XZBMW flashing modules hw-id redog4dy 5 351 04-03-2024, 13:26 PM
Last Post: redog4dy
  Power supply for coding flashing kklobo 14 967 29-02-2024, 08:37 AM
Last Post: nBlacky
XZBMW ENAV2 bench activation Airbus 10 956 25-02-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: jb2005