Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Low power mainly uphill
31-10-2017, 21:23 PM,
WKIA  Low power mainly uphill
Hi I have a 2.9 Kia Sedona 05 plate I have changed the fuel filter checked the in fuel tank filter and have done a leak off test and still it drops on power uphill.

It starts ok then slowly dies sometimes dropping g say in 3rd gear to where I would change gear then it picks up again then goes and comes back

Sometimes it's as if it has no fuel it just drops completely then a second later it's back to normal

Where would be a good place to start looking now please as it's doing my head in.
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2017, 02:23 AM,
RE: Low power mainly uphill
Check for power loss at pump side harness or ground a loose connector will let the voltage drop below working limit and the pump cant supply ,i find the problem most on the ground side .and some times in the pump unit where the connector goes through the plastic pump top and looses power in tank side ,just have to run a long lead and watch voltage ,than ground ,and the hose between the pump and pump housing can crack and let fuel pressure off .than pressure regulator could be faulty also ,start checking voltage .
03-02-2018, 01:58 AM,
RE: Low power mainly uphill
I would suspect MAF sensor.
Use MAF cleaner spray first, if it improves, replace MAF. Cleaning MAF was never a full/permanent solution from my experience.