Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

1.4hdi cam and crank no sync
09-12-2017, 21:36 PM,
PCitroen  1.4hdi cam and crank no sync
Citroen 1.4hdi engine was running and just stopped(like when you take key out of ignition). diagnostic said crank low signal...replaced the sensor then cam sensor fault came up on scanner..both replaced and diagnostic says no sync. .wiring all checked and ok(5volt supplies are both present and oscilloscope signals from centre pin ok to ecu)..scoped cam and crank signals all look ok....timing belt has been checked and spot on...car will nearly start for brief second and thats it...no injector signals and live data with regard to high pressure at 300 bar...all supplies check ok to bosch ecu...anyone had a fault like this and how did you cure the fault? (all wiring is ok and has been checked)
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2017, 21:42 PM,
RE: 1.4hdi cam and crank no sync
Hi, I seen on some cars that it will say it is in sync only with the engine running so I think it's not something you should worry about at the moment. I had a couple of months ago a Vito with similar symptoms to yours and it turned out to be a bad connection on one of the injectors, don't really know if hdi's do the same. I would still chase a fuel/command for the injectors. Hope it helps.
13-12-2017, 22:58 PM,
Did you check the timing using the Timing kit....? also double check if the timing belt tooth is not broken and causing timing out.

If My Post Was Helpful
Than Please Click On Thanks & Rep..under
14-12-2017, 18:51 PM,
Timing belt-chain problem for sure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mileage peugeot 307 1.4hdi/2002 angel29 1 2,481 08-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Last Post: angel29