Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

(E-series) Used FRM, ISTAP unable to obtain vehicle order
13-12-2017, 08:42 AM,
(E-series) Used FRM, ISTAP unable to obtain vehicle order
A car with a replaced used FRM was brought to me. The side blinkers are fast, as if the light bulbs are out.

I decided to update car with ISTAP but it failed to obtain VO. Car was last treated with progman.

Flashed the FRM unit with WINKFP, same blink speed issue. Then overnight I remembered that VO is stored in CAS and FRM. (By the way what exactly is NFRM that also shows up when selecting ECU in NCSExpert?)

So am I right to assume that ISTA had a problem with a strange VO residing in the alien used FRM? The flash with WINKF does not automatically align the FRM I assume, just updates software version.

So here is what I want to do. I am going to VO code the FRM by copying the VO from the CAS using either Abrites or NCSExpert.

Then I code FRM to default using NCSExpert. I believe at this stage ISTAP will then be able to deal with the car.

Am I right is assuming the quick flasher speed of the side blinkers has to do with a foreign FRM or could there be other things I need to check?
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2017, 08:53 AM,
RE: (E-series) Used FRM, ISTAP unable to obtain vehicle order
Deactivate WARM/KALT indicator bulb checking in FRM coding via NCSExpert expert profile.
13-12-2017, 09:36 AM,
(13-12-2017, 08:42 AM)willisodhiambo Wrote:  A car with a replaced used FRM was brought to me. The side blinkers are fast, as if the light bulbs are out.

I decided to update car with ISTAP but it failed to obtain VO. Car was last treated with progman.

Flashed the FRM unit with WINKFP, same blink speed issue. Then overnight I remembered that VO is stored in CAS and FRM. (By the way what exactly is NFRM that also shows up when selecting ECU in NCSExpert?)

So am I right to assume that ISTA had a problem with a strange VO residing in the alien used FRM? The flash with WINKF does not automatically align the FRM I assume, just updates software version.

So here is what I want to do. I am going to VO code the FRM by copying the VO from the CAS using either Abrites or NCSExpert.

Then I code FRM to default using NCSExpert. I believe at this stage ISTAP will then be able to deal with the car.

Am I right is assuming the quick flasher speed of the side blinkers has to do with a foreign FRM or could there be other things I need to check?

Use NCS
Read CAS FA and save to FRM
VO Code FRM
Read CAS iStep and save same iStep to FRM

Now FRM is 100%. Assuming this FRM is compatible with the car.

Now you can flash if you want but original issue should be fixed.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to bmwcoder75 for this post
13-12-2017, 11:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-12-2017, 12:17 PM by willisodhiambo.)
(13-12-2017, 09:36 AM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
(13-12-2017, 08:42 AM)willisodhiambo Wrote:  A car with a replaced used FRM was brought to me. The side blinkers are fast, as if the light bulbs are out.

Use NCS
Read CAS FA and save to FRM
VO Code FRM
Read CAS iStep and save same iStep to FRM

Now FRM is 100%. Assuming this FRM is compatible with the car.

Now you can flash if you want but original issue should be fixed.

Yes!!!!

This is what am looking for. Except the part of CAS istep. How is that done? I can try that with Esys on Fs but never seen anything similar in E-series tools. Help!!

(13-12-2017, 08:53 AM)rafi-88 Wrote:  Deactivate WARM/KALT indicator bulb checking in FRM coding via NCSExpert expert profile.

Done that already. It has to do with alien FRM as all lights are ok.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Difference 677 vs. 688 F series ? AlpinWeiss2k18 8 359 16-04-2024, 19:55 PM
Last Post: sebastianfernandes
  Making F-series combox work in e-series Ryn079 5 601 11-04-2024, 15:03 PM
Last Post: wrp_199
XZBMW Lost Navigation - aircon wont turn off 2016 BMW 2 series DannyDans435 6 267 08-04-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: painsage
XZBMW HWEL differences of seat modules (F series) azwgh 8 251 04-04-2024, 21:48 PM
Last Post: azwgh
XZBMW Adding a new vehicle/model to "Reingold" ISTA+ dieselweasel 12 811 25-03-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Node
  mileage g series virtual bosch id7 tigre 2 255 22-03-2024, 13:00 PM
Last Post: tigre
XZBMW G Series KEY in F34 Rajco 5 412 20-03-2024, 18:56 PM
Last Post: Rajco
XZBMW BMW Vehicle Order (VO) BMWholic 146 47,776 19-03-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: MODISA
  Sharing PSDZdata files between istaP and ESYS BMWlad 23 9,992 16-03-2024, 18:09 PM
Last Post: kuno24
XZBMW ISTA D - identification possible, unable to get status of each module thedafeet 6 278 04-03-2024, 15:25 PM
Last Post: thedafeet