Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

MAN D2676LF05 damage
03-02-2019, 13:07 PM,
MAN D2676LF05 damage
Hi mates i make a repair for a tractror with a man d2676lf05 engine which had a hole on piston at 5th cylinder and the other 5 pistons had cracks on the head,i believed that the injectors was the problem but the bosch store i sent them told me that were ok,i am suspicious for the engine ecu,what is your opinion?The photo is from the piston from 5th cylinder all other piston had the same cracks as the 5th exept the hole also they had the same mark from the fuel.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2019, 17:40 PM,
RE: MAN D2676LF05 damage
1, this could be done by injector
2, cracks on heads are sign of overheating of engine
3, ecu cant do these problems
4, check piston oil small injector if is not bend or missing. It squirt oil to bottom of piston.
( Common thing if someone doing engine rebuild 1st time when
install piston back smash this small injector )
5, also could be problem of water in engine
- egr is leaking to intake (took off front pipe check for sign of
water)
- engine head is cracked and leaking
6, plugin all ecus in vehicle and check if is not driver overheat it
7, last what you could do is send vehicle to MAN and they can read FFR ecu and send it to germany and they will exactly tell ypu what was happend

Hope i didnt forget on something if you have any questions feel free to contact me
04-02-2019, 09:55 AM,
(03-02-2019, 17:40 PM)Vfsvfd Wrote:  1, this could be done by injector
2, cracks on heads are sign of overheating of engine
3, ecu cant do these problems
4, check piston oil small injector if is not bend or missing. It squirt oil to bottom of piston.
  ( Common thing if someone doing engine rebuild 1st time when
   install piston back smash this small injector )
5, also could be problem of water in engine
   - egr is leaking to intake (took off front pipe check for sign of
       water)
   - engine head is cracked and leaking
6, plugin all ecus in vehicle and check if is not driver overheat it
7, last what you could do is send vehicle to MAN and they can read FFR ecu and send it to germany and they will exactly tell ypu what was happend

Hope i didnt forget on something if you have any questions feel free to contact me
The first i thinked were the injectors but they are ok,when i say about the engine ecu i mean it is defect,the egr is possible because i see some moisture in the pipe and i sent all coolers for check.I did not know about the ffr,i will asked it from the dealer i cooperatcooperate.I connected my laptop i didn t see anything for overheating,i noticed only that the 3rd cylinder doesn t cut off too much.Thanks for your time!!
04-02-2019, 10:28 AM,
If is this TGA or TGX till 2009 there was been faulty series of piston.
What faults did you have in EDC ? 3779 3776 or similar could me any problem on high pressure fuel line.
What town is your BOSH?
We already bought from bosh set new injectors and one them was been faulty. And sometimes we did know injector is faulty and send it to them and they sad them are OK.
Them test are not 100% if you want i could teach you how to test them manually on tractor. (Leak of test)
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Vfsvfd for this post
05-02-2019, 04:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 04:52 AM by vic13r.)
It is a TGX 26.480 6Χ4H/4 BLS 2009.The constraction company i am working bought it used with 620.000 km on the ecu 320.000 km on the tachograph fail fail .Idont have any previous history.When i go back to workshop i will tell you what we have done so far.Do you have any information about the fault pistons you say?I woyld be very pleased if you can teach me about how to check injectors have a good day!!
28-03-2019, 19:59 PM,
Finally the damage was from the injectors,sadly 2 of the best labours at Athens said that the injectors were ok,but when we started the engine was rattling until 45-50 degrees temprature on oil and water,and we had a lot black smoke,we put 6 new injectors and the engine working just fine.