Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E series CIC-Pro Vin change / Navi unlock with 1b does not work.
10-01-2018, 19:01 PM,
XZBMW  E series CIC-Pro Vin change / Navi unlock with 1b does not work.
Hello guys

I have retrofitted a user CIC-High from into my e series car (without TCU/combox, do not net it at the moment)
I have written the FA 609, and sent the empty man`s to the associated ECU`s with a K-DCAN cable.

so far so good.

For sure, navi is not unlocked this way as the old VIN and FSC`s are still written into the CIC.

So i startet changing the vin`s to CICR, CIC_GW, CIC_HD.
For sure the CIC was still answering that the Vin is the old one, when reading 00SWTKWP and with SWID reader and inpa i still got the old vin.

i tried unlocking navi with a 1B certificate before with new vin and old vin, but without success.

therefore i copied the Virganized generalPersisentcy... file via ENET into the CIC and wrote a new FA to write the new VIN into the CIC.
Now with INPA i see the new VIN is listet, but with SWID the old vin is still found.
also i now have the issue that when i perform a "fahrgestellnummer_lesen" at the 00SWTKWP i get a "ERROR_ECU_UNKNOWN_NEGATIVE_RESPONSE" message.

Other tools say the the FSC and the Signatures Certificate are not not existent anymore (where rejected before), and find a different CIC VIN than the CAS VIN.

what i also don`t know is how the navi was activated before, as it already does come from a car where it has been retrofitted without can-emulator hardware.

any idea`s how i can change the VIN, and activate the navi ?
i read that activating via script may cause issues when activating BMWAPPS later (want to install a combox later some time).

also what is weired is that i can`t read VIN with the 00SWTKWP anymore ?

Here some screenshots of the software versions.

Kri
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2018, 19:11 PM,
RE: E series CIC-Pro Vin change / Navi unlock with 1b does not work.
You can not just change the VIN and expect the CIC to work (Nav, Voice command...) since new VIN won't match FSC stored in the CIC.
By restoring the original persistency you have basically deleted the factory FSC certificates. So no more FSC in that radio.

So either way you are going nowhere with these steps you took

You need to either buy retrofit FSC files from BMW matching the car VIN (Expensive) or refer to that thread and make your own FSC certs matching the car then everything will be ok now.

http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23198
[+] 6 users say Thank You to bmwcoder75 for this post
10-01-2018, 19:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 19:23 PM by Kri.)
(10-01-2018, 19:11 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  You can not just change the VIN and expect the CIC to work (Nav, Voice command...) since new VIN won't match FSC stored in the CIC.
By restoring the original persistency you have basically deleted the factory FSC certificates. So no more FSC in that radio.

So either way you are going nowhere with these steps you took

You need to either buy retrofit FSC files from BMW matching the car VIN (Expensive) or refer to that thread and make your own FSC certs matching the car then everything will be ok now.

http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23198

So when i understand you right, all FSC`s are stored within that file ?
i made a backup of that file before overwriting, so copying it back would restore the FSC`s ?

do i understand you correctly that with the new, empty persistency file i need to use my cars (new) VIN.

i`m a little bit confused, because how will the navi then be unlocked when using the old vin ? (there where already FSC`s installed that where from that old vin but they where rejected ).

EDIT, how then will the 1B file be changed that is needed to generate the new FSC`s ? or ist this file VIN indipendet ?

Kri
10-01-2018, 19:53 PM,
Well as bmwcoder75 mentioned you need or the custom fsc set from the link or buy from dealer.

Short story FSC's is a 3 way system with vin numbers. CAS/CIC/FSC vin has to be the same otherwise they will get rejected. When you mounted the used CIC in your car you broke the chain because CAS vin did not match CIC/FSC vin. Before you get clever and think well i also change the vin in FSC's i can tell you that is not going to work. FSC's are signed with a private key from BMW you will never get that key.

But thanks to intel123, he made a patch so you can make a custom fsc set for your vin number. Read the thread from bmwcoder75's link and you will understand a bit more why you have to use that method.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to larshutten for this post
11-01-2018, 01:20 AM,
If you cant handle it yourself,give me TV to your computer and I can sort this for you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making F-series combox work in e-series Ryn079 1 166 Today, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Marx
  BMW e39 530d 2001 problem after MAF change boweld11 3 106 24-03-2024, 22:44 PM
Last Post: SkeYT
  [Question] Change X1 F48 gearbox jaramillo 9 1,373 24-03-2024, 21:27 PM
Last Post: masa52
  mileage g series virtual bosch id7 tigre 2 219 22-03-2024, 13:00 PM
Last Post: tigre
XZBMW Navi - GPS stuck after MGU replacement UP2UP 4 341 21-03-2024, 16:44 PM
Last Post: kubixix
XZBMW G Series KEY in F34 Rajco 5 362 20-03-2024, 18:56 PM
Last Post: Rajco
XZBMW How to change VIN code in VCM via Esys? vipsha 5 1,337 14-03-2024, 22:20 PM
Last Post: tcp443
XZBMW FLM change TomSab 0 75 12-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: TomSab
  F48 CID change qbek90 0 89 10-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: qbek90
  Change NBT Evo iDrive 6 Lite Main Menu Car Widget bradsm87 6 470 07-03-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai