Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Cannot add key to Acura
09-02-2018, 22:58 PM,
RHonda  Cannot add key to Acura
Guys... I am absolutely stumped.

In December 2017, I was using HDS 3.102.004 (without i-HDS) and everything worked great. I could add keys, replace ECM etc. All the functions worked. I even posted in another thread that it all worked.

Last month, I tried to program an accessory remote starter for a 2014 Acura RDX but there was no option for it in the Honda Systems. I thought it was R/C Start System (or something like that) but I was told that I would need to go to "Immobilizer Setup Tool" to program the key. Now I remember seeing this in i-HDS (I experimented with i-HDS and it just screwed everything up), I installed i-HDS again, but when I click on Immobilizer Setup Tool, a "Cannot find file" error occurs and the program does not boot up. I had a feeling i-HDS would screw me over again so I did a factory restore on the laptop so it's absolutely clean of anything HDS related.

HDS 3.101.044 Downloaded from this forum.
First up, the set up for this was missing something and I came across the HDS cannot find the CM Update calibration files on the PC. Please re-install CM Update on the PC. Which basically appears after you try to communicate with the vehicle.

HDS 3.102.004 Downloaded from this forum.
See above.

These 2 installs were clearly skipping a step that was preventing HDS from even running. So I back tracked to something I knew worked in the past because it's on a DVD.

HDS 3.010.013
This version came out before i-HDS and it communicated with the car and I didn't run into the missing CM Update calibration error. However, being so old, it didn't have a 2017 Acura RDX.

Next up...

HDS 3.017.012-SPX-Pro-TizWaz
I recall this version and install file worked so I wiped the laptop again and installed this. When you start up the setup file, you have to choose Independent Facility or else it would ask for a login (which I obviously do not have). The install runs by itself until it completes. I found it strange that it did not ask me what region I am in, as it normally does. I let the installation complete and started up the program. It communicates and so far everything works.
HOWEVER, when I went to Honda Systems > One Push Start > Registration, I lack an option to Add a key. I check the settings and it says USA is my region. The install defaulted to USA. For whatever reason, when HDS is installed as a USA version, you don't have an option to add a key. So I uninstalled HDS PC 3.017 and tried to install it again to see if it would prompt me to choose a region--it didn't. Uninstalled it.

HDS 3.101.044
Back to this one. I didn't choose the Canada option right off the bat. I recall someone telling me to choose Other > Canada. So I did that. It asked for a dealer number and I entered one. The install worked, I again went to Honda Systems > One Push Start > Registration > Add a key.
Fantastic, right? I got the function to add a key back.
Wrong.
So very wrong.
[i]This function is deleted from HDS. Please use Immobilizer Setup Tool. Please exit HDS and select Immobilizer Setup Tool."

I... don't know what to do now. Some one please help. I've tried so many different combinations. Is it possible that when I tried HDS 3.102.004, it changed something on the MVCI unit that's not allowing it to work?

HELP PLEASE...
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2018, 10:08 AM,
RE: Cannot add key to Acura
Holy wall of text. The vehicle goes from a 2014 to a 2017. Which is it? If it's a 17, you might need a version newer than 3.102.004 (aka legit copy)
10-02-2018, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 12:01 PM by Phuong.)
(10-02-2018, 10:08 AM)xtac1080 Wrote:  Holy wall of text. The vehicle goes from a 2014 to a 2017. Which is it? If it's a 17, you might need a version newer than 3.102.004 (aka legit copy)

It's both.

In December, I was able to add a key to the 2017 RDX.

Last month, I was trying to add the accessory remote start fob to a 2014, but couldn't.

I have had no problems until I installed HDS 3.102.004 and i-HDS for the first time last month. That's when I started receiving the message about "This function is deleted from HDS. Please use Immobilizer Setup Tool. Please exit HDS and select Immobilizer Setup Tool."
This is why I'm wondering if it's possible something was changed in the interface itself.

(Sorry for text walls.)
12-02-2018, 04:33 AM,
(10-02-2018, 11:57 AM)Phuong Wrote:  
(10-02-2018, 10:08 AM)xtac1080 Wrote:  Holy wall of text. The vehicle goes from a 2014 to a 2017. Which is it? If it's a 17, you might need a version newer than 3.102.004 (aka legit copy)

It's both.

In December, I was able to add a key to the 2017 RDX.

Last month, I was trying to add the accessory remote start fob to a 2014, but couldn't.

I have had no problems until I installed HDS 3.102.004 and i-HDS for the first time last month. That's when I started receiving the message about "This function is deleted from HDS. Please use Immobilizer Setup Tool. Please exit HDS and select Immobilizer Setup Tool."
This is why I'm wondering if it's possible something was changed in the interface itself.

(Sorry for text walls.)

That's a tough one. Only experience I have with the R/C module is waiting for it to not be found on a full system scan. I don't think the HDS program does any updating to the scan tool. Perhaps you have a defective tool?

I'm in the process of testing out HDS version 3.102.029, if it's all good I'll share the link on this site. Maybe that will help!
07-02-2019, 17:10 PM,
Did you ever figure out the immo missing problem from i-HDS? I noticed this after I try to open immo tool box and get that same error you originally posted. Any ideas? Thanks
08-02-2019, 04:26 AM,
(07-02-2019, 17:10 PM)Damex37 Wrote:  Did you ever figure out the immo missing problem from i-HDS? I noticed this after I try to open immo tool box and get that same error you originally posted. Any ideas? Thanks

To get the IMMO option, you need to be registered with NASTF as locksmith, purchase a legit Honda subscription and register your locksmith ID with Honda. Then, you need a Honda INsite credentials. From there, you'll be able to download the IMMO setup tool and be able to login to program a key. Other than that, you'll need a key programming tool or a maxisys (or along those lines) to be able to do it.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to hasoon2000 for this post
08-02-2019, 04:37 AM,
Hasoon2000 said it all. I never found a work around for it.

I hired a locksmith to program a few keys for me and I noticed that he used the Autool XTOOL X100 Pro Auto Key Programmer. I tried ordering it on Amazon but for some magical reason it never made it to me. However... I ended up getting a new scan tool that can handle programming keys. It’s a Launch device with a Bluetooth dongle that attaches to the car.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
RHonda Honda/Acura software? freshazfuk 2 1,412 13-06-2016, 04:02 AM
Last Post: freshazfuk
RHonda Honda Acura HDS Unlock Code Generator Immobiliser Reset joesoap112 3 3,512 21-07-2014, 22:08 PM
Last Post: joesoap112