Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW AOS, ASAP etc.
17-04-2018, 11:39 AM,
XZBMW  BMW AOS, ASAP etc.
Hi Everyone,

I would like to start some discussion regarding the on-line access to BMW tools. As time goes by it seems that BMW is going in direction to transfer everything to their on-line portal. BMW Motorrad RSD is no longer available as DVD or download. I read somewhere that starting from June this year, KSD will also have limited data and will be transferred on-line.
Maybe at some point BMW will start migration of ISTA to on-line only access. So I would like to hear your opinions, findings, rumors etc,

Also, how difficult is to register for on-line account? BMW AOS offers access for independent workshop to use their tools based on prepaid model after you have been registered. How difficult and what should one fulfill to to be registered and gain access to on-line BMW tools.

Can someone who went this way share their experience.
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2018, 11:50 AM,
RE: BMW AOS, ASAP etc.
I registered for AOS about a year ago. For AOS you need to have valid VAT payer code and some "proof" that you are allowed to do car service which they call "company’s trade certificate".
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
17-04-2018, 12:18 PM,
(17-04-2018, 11:50 AM)Node Wrote:  I registered for AOS about a year ago. For AOS you need to have valid VAT payer code and some "proof" that you are allowed to do car service which they call "company’s trade certificate".

Thank you for this info. The "proof" or "company’s trade certificate" is some document issued by local/country authority?

Under the FAQ at AOS web page, this is written for the registration process. Is this related to the "proof" document?

"So-called independent operators are authorized to have access according to the Block Exemption Regulation (EC) 461/2010 and Regulation (EC) 715/2007. For BMW Motorrad, the Euro type approval regulation no. 168/2013 which is valid anywhere in Europe and the delegated regulation (EU) no. 44/2014 of the European Commission apply. The approval can be issued on a special basis in individual cases .In every case the BMW Group checks the approval as part of the registration. A detailed description of the approval prerequisites can be found in our terms of use under §3 Approval."
17-04-2018, 12:46 PM,
(17-04-2018, 12:18 PM)14TLC Wrote:  
(17-04-2018, 11:50 AM)Node Wrote:  I registered for AOS about a year ago. For AOS you need to have valid VAT payer code and some "proof" that you are allowed to do car service which they call "company’s trade certificate".

Thank you for this info. The "proof" or "company’s trade certificate" is some document issued by local/country authority?

Under the FAQ at AOS web page, this is written for the registration process. Is this related to the "proof" document?

"So-called independent operators are authorized to have access according to the Block Exemption Regulation (EC) 461/2010 and Regulation (EC) 715/2007. For BMW Motorrad, the Euro type approval regulation no. 168/2013 which is valid anywhere in Europe and the delegated regulation (EU) no. 44/2014 of the European Commission apply. The approval can be issued on a special basis in individual cases .In every case the BMW Group checks the approval as part of the registration. A detailed description of the approval prerequisites can be found in our terms of use under §3 Approval."

In my case I sent them company registration certificate in local language. But pointed out that specific item in it is translated as "main areas of activity" and that item included servicing of cars.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
19-04-2018, 07:12 AM,
(17-04-2018, 12:46 PM)Node Wrote:  

In my case I sent them company registration certificate in local language. But pointed out that specific item in it is translated as "main areas of activity" and that item included servicing of cars.

When you have been granted an access, what information is available for an independent workshop? Can you check by VIN if there is active technical campaigns, safety recalls for given vehicle? Can you access general TSB, SIB etc? Download repair FSC?
19-04-2018, 08:25 AM,
Yes, you can do almost everything the dealer can, you have acces to air for puma items (tsb) you can check service history, make entry in digital service booklet, check vehicle history with ista online. But you dont have acces to asap to download repair fsc.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to X-treme for this post
19-04-2018, 08:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-04-2018, 08:29 AM by Node.)
(19-04-2018, 07:12 AM)14TLC Wrote:  
(17-04-2018, 12:46 PM)Node Wrote:  

When you have been granted an access, what information is available for an independent workshop? Can you check by VIN if there is active technical campaigns, safety recalls for given vehicle? Can you access general TSB, SIB etc? Download repair FSC?

Check by VIN for technical campaigns/recalls is free. As well as service data and VIN options.

There is an item called "information research" where you call access all technical information like TSB, SIB and all technical procedures similar to ISTA+ for a fixed yearly or hourly fee. You also have access to special online versions of KSD, ISTA+ for diagnosis and programming, ISTA-P for E series programming, etc. These are available for hourly fee (with discounts for longer times). Fee is calculated in 1 hour steps. You load money into your account by credit card, then you decide how many hours of access you want. The term is not interruptible.

I didn't see any possibility to download repair FSCs yet. I believe they will automatically be obtained by online ISTA+/ISTA-P as needed.

You also get access to key reader and workshop equipment shop, though it does not list prices for me so I'm not sure whether its country related or its the same for everyone.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Node for this post
08-08-2018, 03:43 AM,
Can anyone in the UK/EU provide a screen shot showing access to ISTA & ISTA-P is operational ?

I would greatly appreciate it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with CIC ASAP SOLVED vanderferdas 5 551 17-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: vanderferdas
  Solved ✔ need SWFK from latest data, ASAP m5proud 2 472 17-05-2022, 09:25 AM
Last Post: m5proud
  FSC codes from ASAP please pweber84 28 6,623 29-04-2022, 14:58 PM
Last Post: mbm1703
  G01 retrofit docs from BMW ASAP victormro 1 581 19-01-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cursor
  Solved ✔ i need someone with ASAP access for fsc code kimetp 2 625 22-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Last Post: kimetp
  Need some to check ICC-ID in ASAP or AIR for ATMs - will pay yoodog 1 466 03-07-2019, 13:12 PM
Last Post: sicess
  looking for asap portal access Bavrian 11 2,088 18-05-2019, 21:12 PM
Last Post: Vojno
XZBMW Need 2 x FSC repair packs from ASAP Wibbles 11 1,309 06-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: aloxo
XZBMW Register BMW ASAP server georgia55 5 1,656 10-04-2019, 17:23 PM
Last Post: Hauer
  asap server sra 2 654 18-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Last Post: acolt