Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

SMEG+IV2 coded
07-06-2018, 21:15 PM,
PCitroen  SMEG+IV2 coded
Hi!

Who can help me !?
In the Citroën 5_X7 2016 I replaced the original SMEG + IV2 navigation without, a SMEG + IV2 with a navigation. Transcription of VIN with DiagBox has been successful, but since then no change of parameters is allowed! The amplifier should be set to Multiplex instead of ARKAMYS, and the rear camera input should be activated, except that everything works!
1. With Cheat code (ARKBYP ...), can this correction be made to the amplifier setting? If so, what kind of syntax format!
2. Why do not you let anything happen with Diagbox, the one time when VIN was changed ?!
Thank you in advance for the answers!

Best Regards:

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2018, 06:40 AM,
RE: SMEG+IV2 coded
(07-06-2018, 21:15 PM)Steve850 Wrote:  Hi!

Who can help me !?
In the Citroën 5_X7 2016 I replaced the original SMEG + IV2 navigation without, a SMEG + IV2 with a navigation. Transcription of VIN with DiagBox has been successful, but since then no change of parameters is allowed! The amplifier should be set to Multiplex instead of ARKAMYS, and the rear camera input should be activated, except that everything works!
1. With Cheat code (ARKBYP ...), can this correction be made to the amplifier setting? If so, what kind of syntax format!
2. Why do not you let anything happen with Diagbox, the one time when VIN was changed ?!
Thank you in advance for the answers!

Best Regards:

Steve

First of all, is the new SMEG with navigation unit coming from the same car model?
Or a car model that has those features you want to change?

Because every SMEG unit uses (and needs) a pre-config file they call "calibration" and its located in PSA servers and can only be downloaded once, for each firmware update. This configuration file is a kind of database file and contains binary values to show or not the features of your unit, which is different of activating the features by diagbox after. For a bad example, even if you activate the rear camera using diagbox, if the calibration file contains "rear_camera=0", it will not show. But since the amplifier is imperative you will be able to change the type without problems.

If you want to change anyway, when you try to change something online the PSA Server will firstly deny any attempt because your VIN number is attached to a different SMEG unit (in your case, the IV2 without the navigation). Try the following:

1. Open diagbox and select your car and go to the SMEG menu as usual (online)
2. Go to the Configuration menu and the software will check for online connectivity. During this, disable your internet by turning off WIFI or removing the cable.
3. The online configuration will be skipped and you will see "MANUAL CONFIGURATION" button. Before clicking, return your internet turning ON wifi or connecting the cable.
4. Do the desired configuration.

Hope this helps you.
27-06-2018, 21:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-06-2018, 21:30 PM by Steve850.)
PCitroen  RE: SMEG+IV2 coded
Hi!
Thanks for the reply!
The new device was ordered for DS4! Diagbox 8.58 manages SMEG + for C5, but here if you disconnect from the Internet, you will not be offered manual setting. Based on a fresh piece of information I already know that the purchased device does not know the rear camera option! But I can avoid that!
The amplifier change would be the most important!
Cheat codes are available and there is an ARKBYP statement that activates Arkamy bypass. (Use with built-in amplifier only)
Is this the only problem that syntax is not known ?!

Best Regards: Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PPeugeot Remove VIN lock from SMEG crazyrs6 7 611 04-10-2023, 12:57 PM
Last Post: apol
PPeugeot Retrofit SMEG IV2 in a 208 with SMEG crazyrs6 0 246 10-09-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: crazyrs6
  Diagbox 7.83 - VIN coding SMEG headunit jhus 2 2,194 15-03-2018, 14:17 PM
Last Post: jhus