Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Activate ConnectedDrive
14-06-2018, 21:23 PM,
XZBMW  Activate ConnectedDrive
Hi all,

I have an NBT Evo ID6 installed on my car, along with a BMW ATM module. The ConnectedDrive services work, I can access weather, RTTI and everything else one would expect. I cannot add the car to my ConnectedDrive account for remote services. The VIN in the NBT Evo and ATM match. The ATM is definitely active as a friend checked it in the ConnectedDrive Cockpit, and the ICCID matches the VIN i’m trying to add.

Despite all this, I do not get the activate message in my car. any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2018, 21:45 PM,
RE: Activate ConnectedDrive
To follow ————
14-06-2018, 21:54 PM,
(14-06-2018, 21:23 PM)JPToadstool Wrote:  Hi all,

I have an NBT Evo ID6 installed on my car, along with a BMW ATM module. The ConnectedDrive services work, I can access weather, RTTI and everything else one would expect. I cannot add the car to my ConnectedDrive account for remote services. The VIN in the NBT Evo and ATM match. The ATM is definitely active as a friend checked it in the ConnectedDrive Cockpit, and the ICCID matches the VIN i’m trying to add.

i have same problem
ATM is retrofit?

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if This post help or is usefull for you! Not is needed write just only thanks in Threads thumbsup
15-06-2018, 05:23 AM,
(14-06-2018, 21:54 PM)ruben_17non Wrote:  
(14-06-2018, 21:23 PM)JPToadstool Wrote:  Hi all,

i have same problem
ATM is retrofit?

Correct. Googling the issue shows that it is fairly common on original equipment as well. In those cases, they’ve had to e-mail BMW and have it activated manually. But it sounds like they’ve requested proof of ownership, and I obviously don’t own it.
16-06-2018, 11:22 AM,
I have an idea that this may be related to the VIN of the ATM being made for a market in which the car does not reside.

In my case, my ATM is from an Austrian car, but I am located in the UK. With an Austrian account, I still do not receive the message though :-/.

Any other suggestions?
27-07-2018, 17:29 PM,
Solution
I finally found the solution to my problem. I had all FSCs correct, they matched the ATM VIN number as well. Tool32 jobs to reset the provisioning also did not resolve it. It was seemingly unsolvable without access to the backend.

It turns out that the coding file contains a calculated value for the VIN stored within the .ncd file as "longvin", which is in hexadecimal form. The only way I could find that changed this VIN was by creating a TAL with cdDeploy for the coding file. Any previously created .ncd file wrote the old VIN back to the HU, as did right clicking the HU and choosing "Code", and therefore did not work. Once the new coding file was deployed, I could FDL edit as much as I liked.

Also, the country seemingly can be changed without hindrance for ConnectedDrive as long as the hardware is the correct region.
13-09-2019, 21:31 PM,
RE: Solution
(27-07-2018, 17:29 PM)JPToadstool Wrote:  I finally found the solution to my problem. I had all FSCs correct, they matched the ATM VIN number as well. Tool32 jobs to reset the provisioning also did not resolve it. It was seemingly unsolvable without access to the backend.

It turns out that the coding file contains a calculated value for the VIN stored within the .ncd file as "longvin", which is in hexadecimal form. The only way I could find that changed this VIN was by creating a TAL with cdDeploy for the coding file. Any previously created .ncd file wrote the old VIN back to the HU, as did right clicking the HU and choosing "Code", and therefore did not work. Once the new coding file was deployed, I could FDL edit as much as I liked.

Also, the country seemingly can be changed without hindrance for ConnectedDrive as long as the hardware is the correct region.

finally you solve? and receive mensaje for activate account?

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if This post help or is usefull for you! Not is needed write just only thanks in Threads thumbsup
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ruben_17non for this post
14-09-2019, 09:23 AM,
in order to add a car ( VIN ) to connected drive account portal , you need to proof that you own this car ( VIN ) by providing ownership documents , you can call bmw connected drive customer service and get more info about it .

for example if someone bought a second hand car from another one , any BMW dealer can reset the connected drive of this car which will allow the new owner to take control over the previous owner , that can be done after providing the ownership documents and fill up the necessary forms .

in the case of EVO with ATM retrofits , you will have to live with whatever free services are assigned to the VIN . or swapping the E.sim chip in ATM module with a one from a car which you have control over.
14-09-2019, 11:08 AM,
(14-09-2019, 09:23 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  in order to add a car ( VIN ) to connected drive account portal , you need to proof that you own this car ( VIN ) by providing ownership documents , you can call bmw connected drive customer service and get more info about it .

for example if someone bought a second hand car from another one , any BMW dealer can reset the connected drive of this car which will allow the new owner to take control over the previous owner , that can be done after providing the ownership documents and fill up the necessary forms .

in the case of EVO with ATM retrofits , you will have to live with whatever free services are assigned to the VIN . or swapping the E.sim chip in ATM module  with a one from a car which you have control over.

The problem is the most common ATM, is taken of preseries bmw, is property of BMWGROUP, no way call bmw connected drive customer jejjejeje

the best way is swapping Esim, but for example in my case i have one TCB active of my car, but car comes with Radio proffesional. i retrofit EVO. if i swap ESIM, i can buy bmw remotes and online, but unnafortunately RTTI,  not possible...

i look, for put original FSC kit of donor ATM in EVO, and mount ATM and EVO in bench, as this will be receive message for activate account, right?

14-09-2019, 19:46 PM,
(14-09-2019, 11:08 AM)ruben_17non Wrote:  
(14-09-2019, 09:23 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  in order to add a car ( VIN ) to connected drive account portal , you need to proof that you own this car ( VIN ) by providing ownership documents , you can call bmw connected drive customer service and get more info about it .

in the case of EVO with ATM retrofits , you will have to live with whatever free services are assigned to the VIN . or swapping the E.sim chip in ATM module  with a one from a car which you have control over.

The problem is the most common ATM, is taken of preseries bmw, is property of BMWGROUP, no way call bmw connected drive customer jejjejeje

the best way is swapping Esim, but for example in my case i have one TCB active of my car, but car comes with Radio proffesional. i retrofit EVO. if i swap ESIM, i can buy bmw remotes and online, but unnafortunately RTTI,  not possible...

i look, for put original FSC kit of donor ATM in EVO, and mount ATM and EVO in bench, as this will be receive message for activate account, right?

I just retrofitted EVO in my F10. My NBT came with TCB so when I retrofitted the EVO and ATM I also transferred my TCB eSim into the ATM. After logging into Connected Drive on the EVO I have all the services I did with TCB. It even let me renew online services over the EVO. I haven’t lost any functionality from when I had NBT (apart from my owners manual). I get RTTI, send to car and remote services, unlock etc.

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW NBT - ConnectedDrive fail after SSH Jeff78 0 225 27-08-2023, 13:10 PM
Last Post: Jeff78
XSMini activate the CarPlay X4 G02 gergus 15 1,693 12-08-2023, 19:58 PM
Last Post: ravager
XZBMW Activate SpeedLimitInfo G01 Airbus 5 837 10-08-2023, 21:01 PM
Last Post: Airbus
  Activate RTTI with i level higher then 18.11 (22.10)? xMoses 6 892 08-08-2023, 18:54 PM
Last Post: xMoses
XZBMW How to activate Apple CarPlay HU-MGU id7/8 DarkSide 2 1,643 03-08-2023, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Clusters
  BMW X7 USA to ECE Remote services how to activate? RaoulK1998 6 921 05-07-2023, 09:01 AM
Last Post: juantg93
XZBMW ID4 flashed to ID6 can't activate CarPlay flausatu 20 1,780 19-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Siki78
XZBMW Solution how to activate Apple Carplay on Entrynav2 BMWYerevanCity 22 5,600 09-06-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: WielgasKutas
  Airbag activate Plese Help Warsteiner 1 238 20-11-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: moreply
XSMini Can I activate Enhanced Bluetooth in my car? Rebis12 7 637 18-10-2022, 13:41 PM
Last Post: pcp1234