Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Think my CIM module is faulty
17-07-2018, 11:24 AM,
KVauxhall  think my CIM module is faulty
I drive a 2009 Vauxhall Astra twin top and think my CIM module might be faulty. The long story is........

I purchased and installed as per factory installation instructions an Xtrons PCD76OLOA-B which is an android Double din unit designed specifically for the Astra H to act as direct plug in replacement for the factory fitted stereo. It gives the user the benefits of internet, dvd, dab, etc. I have all pdf files for installation and instructions of all the optional extras you can plug in to it.

The unit worked perfectly. The only loss with installing it was the radio stations being displayed on my HID Display unit disappear and it just shows Miles left etc. But this was a small sacrifice for all you gained.

Then I purchased the DAB dongle and installed along with new Ariel. Again worked fine although not the best reception on all stations, the same with analogue stereo. Not as good as reception with factory fitted CD30 but much better sound quality.

Then months later of happy usage I purchased the reverse camera add on. This featured one wire joined to reverse light wire, one to Ground and one to android unit. Now after installation I noticed when the car turned on auto headlights I got a click when they turned on which was never there before.

I contacted Xtrons who advised to separate two wires as they were not needed if your using the CAN-Bus decoder that came with the unit. after this the click stopped.

A few weeks later I started getting the odd message come up on HID Display like coolant level or reverse light or fog light. Which when checked were all fine. I also noticed when putting car in reverse sometimes the reverse light would slowly go on and off. Im not sure how a stereo could in any way feed back on the reverse light from a small reverse camera specifically designed for my car and installed as per factory instructions.

Then one morning I started my car and my HID Display never came on and my steering controls had stopped working and the lights on the stereo buttons didn't come on.

I Then cut the power feed to the reverse camera severing it from the reverse light bulb. Still nothing changed.
I removed the android stereo. Nothing changed. Then Replaced android with old stereo CD30. Nothing changed.

I checked all fuses under bonnet with multimeter but all were fine. I checked all fuses in boot with multimeter but all were fine.

I plugged in my Opcom (china clone) but it wouldn't communicate with the CIM module. After accessing all options on the Opcom im not sure where I got codes from but these showed....

U2117-00 CAN – Bus No Communication with DIS (Display)

U2117-00 <Unknown DTC>
B3109-00 <Unknown DTC>
B1011-00 Error Information Stored in CIM

B2535-00 Rear Fog Light Circuit Malfunction
B2545-00 Rear Left Reverse Light Circuit Malfunction
B2570-00 Trunk Lamp Circuit Malfunction
B3880-00 Rear Right Reverse Light Circuit Malfunction
B0655-5A Brake-Light Switch Circuit Incorrect Signal

U2117-00 CAN – Bus No Communication with DIS (Display)
P0500-71 Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0654-71 Engine Speed Signal Range/Performance
P0550-71 Mileage Circuit Range/Performance
P0460-71 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0115-71 Engine Coolant Temperature Signal Range/Performance
U2139-71 Invalid Signal from CIM (Steering Column Module)

Now when trying to do full system fault code scan got this message. Also happened when trying to access certain other systems like CAN-Bus.

Timeout occurred for Read Fault Codes Information
Possible reasons are:
Ignition switched OFF
Communication error with the ECU
ECU is busy, or rejects request

Yet im able to access systems like REC (Rear electrical system) and few other systems but not my Electrohydraulic roof. My Opcom works fine on other Vauxhall cars as we have a couple at work.

Its irritating as I followed every instruction to the letter and pride myself on doing good methodical clean work. Im not an Electrician but im pretty good with my hands. I've rebuilt engines and every other job on cars just not dabbled to much with electrics apart from jobs like stereos.

Please, please help
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opel combo 2019 1.5bluehdi feul pump module location ELMEPRO 0 85 11-11-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: ELMEPRO
KHolden Solved ✔ REC module on bench Astra H miriaga4344 5 932 25-04-2022, 05:06 AM
Last Post: miriaga4344
  vectra b 2.5 abs module 5.3 neonlight 0 372 04-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: neonlight