Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Who can Progamm my ATmega64 Chip??
30-07-2018, 09:02 AM,
XZBMW  Who can Progamm my ATmega64 Chip??
Who can reprogram a ATmega64 chip in my XProg Box 5.55?sadsad

Coding E + F + G Modelles in near from Passau in Germany (Bavaria)!
Navigationmaps Updates for E + F + G Modells!
I-Data Update on E + F - Modells.
Repair FRM3 & LM !!

Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2018, 10:20 AM,
RE: Who can Progamm my ATmega64 Chip??
(30-07-2018, 09:02 AM)Illuminati23 Wrote:  Who can reprogram a ATmega64 chip in my XProg Box 5.55?sadsad

Hello there i have tried many times to repair xprog that is dead
along with others here.
If you want you can try but usually doesn't work do any of the leds come on when you plug xprog to usb?

And how did it die did you click on update?

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes
30-07-2018, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-07-2018, 11:10 AM by zmann.)
If you never try or never success, may need to find some good thread and following

If used to do it successfully but no longer possible now, this normally doesn't mean you kill the chip. But one of the most often mistake done is wrong configuration to the chip was programmed and that deactivate the external oscillator mode to some other thing else. And this is irreversible without special technique.

Now you need an oscillator chip (usually with 4 legs; GND, Vcc-5volt, Output and Enable, check with the datasheet) AND NOT A TYPICAL CRYSTAL that with 4-leg enclosure. Of any frequency no more than 10 MHz should be fine.

Connect it to +5v, and GND accordingly, hook the output to Xtal1 pin on the Mega (in series with some resistor ex. 4.7 Kohms to reduce the osc power. leave Enable pin alone

Proceed programming the Mega as usual, now your programmer should be able to communicate with the Mega
[+] 4 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
30-07-2018, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-07-2018, 12:50 PM by dil6222.)
(30-07-2018, 11:03 AM)zmann Wrote:  If you never try or never success, may need to find some good thread and following

If used to do it successfully but no longer possible now, this normally doesn't mean you kill the chip. But one of the most often mistake done is wrong configuration to the chip was programmed and that deactivate the external oscillator mode to some other thing else. And this is irreversible without special technique.

Now you need an oscillator chip (usually with 4 legs; GND, Vcc-5volt, Output and Enable, check with the datasheet) AND NOT A TYPICAL CRYSTAL that with 4-leg enclosure. Of any frequency no more than 10 MHz should be fine.

Connect it to +5v, and GND accordingly, hook the output to Xtal1 pin on the Mega (in series with some resistor ex. 4.7 Kohms to reduce the osc power. leave Enable pin alone

Proceed programming the Mega as usual, now your programmer should be able to communicate with the Mega

Hello zmann thanks for all helpful info smile
I've tried many new atmega and program successfully but xprog doesn't work still, many others here have had same problem supposedly is to do with the lattice mcu I've tried many things to repair but no success, can replace lattice mcu and other bits but it's expensive and easier to just buy another plus I don't think anyone's sorted a way to program lattice as it specially matched. biggrin

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes
30-07-2018, 14:55 PM,
So, did you try swap the Lattice, it worked ?

I've been playing around with three Xprog's since the expensive plastic box-blue PCB (from ECUTOOL) but never being problem with the Lattice. Anyway my Beeprog+ programmer supports the chip just in case to replace or reprogram.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
30-07-2018, 16:05 PM,
(30-07-2018, 14:55 PM)zmann Wrote:  So, did you try swap the Lattice, it worked ?

I've been playing around with three Xprog's since the expensive plastic box-blue PCB (from ECUTOOL) but never being problem with the Lattice. Anyway my Beeprog+ programmer supports the chip just in case to replace or reprogram.

I didn't personnally swap lattice as expensive to buy from what I remember, I've worked with few others to get xprog to work again with no success would be good to have 100% working repair method though smile

01-08-2018, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-09-2018, 23:59 PM by zmann.)
Seems you didn't follow of what I wrote above, that what I found problems to all AVR's (Atmel) to get irreversible stuck (without special technique) to recover when many users carelessly doing with wrong config. That's one of the most common difficulties and If I guess, your case could be the same too!
On the other hand, that you possibly made wrong config to CKSELx, check with the images.  

I supposed you have the programmed Lattice from another Xprog to try with if suspected, not from brand new which is useless!
Ps. not tested it, shouldn't blame it ? smile

[+] 2 users say Thank You to zmann for this post
01-08-2018, 11:53 AM,
(01-08-2018, 02:47 AM)zmann Wrote:  Seems you didn't follow of what I wrote above, that what I found problems to all AVR's (Atmel) to get irreversible stuck (without special technique) to recover when many users carelessly doing with wrong config. That's one of the most common difficulties and If I guess, your case could be the same too!
On the other hand, that you possibly made wrong config to CKSELx, check with the images.

I supposed you have the programmed Lattice from another Xprog to try with if suspected, not from brand new which is useless!
Ps. not tested it, shouldn't blame it ? smile

Hello did follow it smile tryed many atmegas and program with settings that you have posted there is a big thread about programming here on CT I haven't touched lattice mcu is still original that came with my xprog.

Others here have said that it is lattice mcu if after programming atmega xprog still doesn't work. I will try again soon though as now building
atmega doctor to repair/unlock atmega repair lockbits etc smile

14-09-2018, 21:15 PM,
Hello zmann after playing around for 10hrs plus and trying your fuse settings and the settings posted here i have come to the conclusion that my programming of the atmega is correct I've programmed with 2 different programmers smile
so.. it's gotta be something else causing problem.  

but however I did have major breakthrough smile

i tried providing clock to atmega with 4mhz oscillator like you suggested with and without resistor but still couldn't read write it etc or change fuse bits sad

then I remembered UPA has signal generator so I tried that at 1mhz as atmega runs at this frequency out the box via internal oscillator and guess what I managed to access chip change all fuses back to original and it's fresh again. so the 5 odd atmegas i have tried for xprog are no longer scrap  rolling happy days.

15-09-2018, 09:21 AM,
So long time, now you just realise that the mega went bad due to the clock mode has been altered !

The external clock source like mine not working but you were able with some other source, you've done something wrong with my method or you can't differentiate oscillator unit form ordinary x-tal
[+] 1 user says Thank You to zmann for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BMW CHIP-TUNING vs New bootloader version snf11lci 14 3,028 26-09-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: BMWzone
  Read MEVD17 N63B44TU no chip inicialization laso 2 330 24-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: laso
  XPROG Repair chip Silva1337 6 1,811 15-04-2018, 22:26 PM
Last Post: dil6222
  TCU chip tuning xHP flashtool by android usb-otg Miłosz 8 5,196 09-10-2017, 16:16 PM
Last Post: mmm335
  E9X 6 cylinder cluster what chip + virgin Fx82 2 952 08-07-2017, 16:28 PM
Last Post: Silva1337