Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

RENAULT/DACIA/VAUXHALL - Update MediaNav Maps free with Super Mod
19-08-2018, 08:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-10-2019, 18:17 PM by NeeK.)
ODacia  RENAULT/DACIA/VAUXHALL - Update MediaNav Maps free with Super Mod
Tutorial for update maps free on RENAULT/DACIA/VAUXHALL MediaNav with Super Mod

I personal bought a Duster from 2017 second hand and discovered MediaNav. I was delighted with the navigation when I saw that has iGO that I use on my mobile and I'm happy with it. But I was annoyed when I saw that the maps are from 2014 and about 100 Euro is required for the upgrade. So I searched the net and started finding various methods Menavrus/Menaco, Supermodd, MediaNav Plus, Mediskin, Medi@Update and other versions.
The idea from where I start is to update the maps of the navigation free of charge, touching as little as possible the original system files, the rest of additions, less important.
Finally I stopped at Supermodd that seems is developed  at origins by an Italian Favre and later continued by spanish Fredy. It also contains a photo and video player, etc. but I was less interested in this.

Personally, I was thrilled to easily install / uninstall the application without traces, and is compatible with the latest firmware versions.
I thought of doing a tutorial for who will like if has it as option.
The MediaNav units can be found on:
- RENAULT - Clio IV, Captur, Kwid, Trafic,
- DACIA - Duster, Logan, Sandero, Dokker, Lodgy,
- OPEL/VAUXHALL - Vivaro, Movano (as Navi 50 IntelliLink A & B).

In the first 90 days from purchase of the car, the manufacturer offers free maps update and recommends anyone using this feature through
Renault/Dacia Media Nav Toolbox.

Later, with the same toolbox, the official free firmware updates are automatically made by automatic detection based on the fingerprint created on your car.
For who has a smaller version of these, they need to make the update officially. Insert a USB stick (up to 32GB) formatted only in FAT32 and empty in the MediaNav, and in the menu in Navigation / Options / Update Map / Options must give Update so that you can create your fingerprint with the information about MediaNav on your USB. Try to use a good brand of USB stick as SanDisk for avoid bad sectors or some others events.
At the end, insert the USB stick into a PC and it’s recommend save the fingerprint for any eventuality in the future. Then, with Renault MediaNav Toolbox, the latest version available for MediaNav is automatically downloaded, and with the version of this on stick go back to the car and then enter into the menus machine and update. Control to have the latest firmware version at that time (4.1.0 for Standard or 9.1.3 for Evolution).

BACKUP

Usually before I start any updating, I personally like to make a Backup of all system to protect myself in any event and so I found a very simple way with an application Total Commander that can be launched directly from the USB stick. The variants are below.
Backups have proven useful in many cases when MediaNav is blocked for various reasons and needs to be recovered. I recommend saving everything is possible from MediaNav. However, the most important folders are the Storage Card and Storage Card4 that must be saved.

Run Total Commander on MediaNav MN1 Standard from USB stick (without installation)
What's the easiest way to update maps or change files in the Storage Card's. The only problem is that you cannot run other programs or change files that are already in use.
Finally having chance to test it on a Standard unit, I found that   this application didn't want to start and fix it now.

- Download the file from the link below
- Unzip the zip file and copy all the files into the root of the USB memory
- Now what's left is just plugging the USB stick into MediaNav, MediaNav closes and restarts with the USB stick plugged

Run Total Commander on MediaNav MN2 Evolution from USB stick (without installation)
What's the easiest way to update maps or change files in the Storage Card's. The only problem is that you cannot run other programs or change files that are already in use.

- Download the file from the link below
- Unzip the zip file and copy all the files into the root of the USB memory
- Now what's left is just plugging the USB stick into MediaNav

TotalCommander.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 106 times
Size: 313 bytes

SUPER MOD

Applies to both MediaNav MN1 Standard and MediaNav MN2 Evolution.
ATTENTION: This is not for the new system MN3 Evolution 2.0 with Linux.
Version 4.1c comes with multilanguage configuration online. For moment it contain 12 languages: Romanian, English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Greek, Turkish, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic and Bosnian undefined Now at one request I included also a car diagnostic application HobDrive for who want play. For moment still I didn't manage to connect to my car, but I continue try. thinking
If there is someone who wants help with translation in other language, please PM me and I will be happy include it. callme

MediaNav MN1 Standard

Download from down the Super Mod for OS/firmware versions from 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 (at least you must have 4.0.3 installed)
I updated the Standard version in same way as per Evolution. Second archive Super Mod 4.1c (USB) is common also for Standard.

MediaNav MN2 Evolution
Download from down the Super Mod Evolution for OS/firmware versions from 7.0.5 to 9.1.3 (at least you must have 7.0.5 installed)
Starting with revision 4.0 the compatibility for Super Mod Evolution was increasing from 6.0.3 to 9.1.3 (at least you must have 6.0.3 installed). I added also an extra 7ways navigation for test. Because the size increasing a lot, I split it in two. There are 2 archives: first is for installing the application and second is with folders for keep on USB with 2 navigation. Revision 4.0 is optimized also for compatibility with skins for navigation.

Super Mod 4.1c.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 114 times
Size: 299 bytes

Unzip the. rar file and the resulting file called "upgrade.lgu", put it in a USB formatted in FAT32, plus photo folders, IGO8, 7ways and video clips.
I recommend to make on the USB stick and a Backup folder and another New Maps.
In the New Maps folder, put what you want to add for navigation, for example (maps, poi, licenses, speedcams, userdata if you have, tmc, etc.).
In the Backup folder, I recommend that you save after getting into the system for any event what you can from MediaNav, if you have not taken one step before. However, the minimum to be saved is the Storage Card, Storage Card2 and Storage Card4 folders that are very important. Unlike the previous step in Storage Card4, now we'll also find the Super Mod applications installed when we enter.
Once again the recommendation is to create a fingerprint as the original system before making any changes and keep it saved on your computer, if you have not already done so in the previous step. So if you want later to update firmware via Naviextras you already have a fingerprint.

I started the engine in the event that the battery was discharged, I put the USB stick and in my case appeared to accept the installation of Super Mod Evolution, I accepted the installation, start installing some lines and restart MediaNav (do not remove the USB ), after restarting the installation continues until will ask for language you want chose. If you press cancel by default English version will be installed. In any case later language can be changed online from Settings.
After chose the language the language is changed and continue with initalization. Will restart one more time and wait until the sound appears, with click on left arrow live the installation. You can now start the Super Mod by clicking on the top phone icon that appears next to watch, by clicking directly on the date or as new feature if you have installed DBoot for protect your unit, sliding horizontally the finger on screen also the application will start. On same way but sliding finger vertically on screen will start the video player. wink

Once installed, Super Mod, you can with TotalCommander, from USB delete the file Upgrade.lgu, so it will not ask to install it again every time you read the USB.
Now there is a graphic button, STOP GPS  to be able to work with the navigation files. Open the Total Commander that appears from the menu in English or if is available a translation for this will show also translated. That's what I did.

Your USB stick is found as an MD folder in MediaNav.
So with Total Commander I first made the backup specified above and then in Storage Card4 / NNG / find all the files of the navigation. Now I've copied everything I've prepared (licenses, maps, poi, userdata, dem, buildings, etc.) from the New Maps folder. From what I saw the memory is not very large max 2.84 GB (Storage Card 4) and works till almost full. However, there are not fitting all the maps as they are in iGO Europe HERE 2018 Q1 now about 6GB.
Storage Card 4 space:
[Image: GRVPMj.jpg]

MediaNav Total Memory:
[Image: PpFLnr.jpg]

I've put everything (FBL, FDA, FSP, FPA, HNR, POI, SPC, TXT, KML, DEM, 3DL, 3DC) for Romania, as I use the car here. The FJW, FJV files are not necessary because this Primo is not reading and also FDA in MN1 Standard units are not necessary for same reason.  
At the end close TTCMD and from menu start again navigation with Restart GPS button or just simple restart engine.
That's how I had updated maps for the latest version.
What I liked was that it was desirable to uninstall the Super Mod to go to a revision, it could be easy and the screen returned to normal without any other icons.
From the Super Mod mode, click on Uninstall button and accept it. A 15s counter appears and wait finish. Finally, the Super Mod is uninstalled and after a short time it's recommended to stop MediaNav for about 2 minutes and restart to allow all additional services to be stopped.

Few print screens are down:

[Image: 2XXrq.png]

[Image: 2XXrr.png]

[Image: 2XXrt.png]

[Image: 2XXrs.png]

A presentation for how it’s used is here:

A video how to use TTCMD for update navigation files you can see down:

I liked the way I see what I do personally. It's also the possibility of just making an upgrade.lgu archive entirely in it, and at the end you just check it out.

Starting with this passion, in my free time I begin to fix also these units broken from any reason.

Who like it or not leave a feedback to know for what.
Enjoy. laughing

MediaNav MN3 Evolution 1.0.13.1 + Carbone
MediaNav MN2 Evolution 9.1.4 + Carbone
MediaNav MN1 Standard 4.1.0 + Super Mod 4.1 + ModRS

*** If my answer was helpful to you, hit the Thanks button. ****
Reputation: +6 - barto39 [+1] , justdiag [+1] , zaniak [+1] , atomantmk [+1] , Roby15 [+1] , Bakica [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users say Thank You to NeeK for this post
21-08-2018, 13:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-08-2018, 13:37 PM by NeeK.)
RE: Update Maps MediaNav free with Supermodd
A brief explanation of MediaNav folders (partitions) for better understanding the importance of backups:

Storage Card - The system MediaNav, image of WinCE system and user interface (LG shell)
Storage Card2 - empty partition, only to save user settings
Storage Card3 - empty partition to decompress lgu updates prior installation (update cache files)
Storage Card4 - The original Primo GPS navigation program (the file cache for updates.)

[+] 1 user says Thank You to NeeK for this post
23-08-2018, 14:12 PM,
ATTENTION

One friend told me that he used and USB 3.0 and was waiting for update firmware twice around 2 hours! While on my I use a Kingston USB 2.0 and update took around 5 - 10 min.
So be patient and do not remove the USB from MediaNav even if delays longer then you think.
For the moment avoid use an USB 3.0 if you don't want wait too long.

14-10-2018, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-10-2018, 10:22 AM by NeeK.)
I found a bug in original version (loosing the ability of fingerprints) and I update it for fix and for Evolution I have even changed the language in English.
Now I released the new versions 2.2.
For those who had installed the first version of Supermodd, with TTCMD have to restore the folder Storage Card4\NNG\Synctool with it's content ORIGINAL of his version, uninstall old version of Supermodd and install new one.

I tested the USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 SanDisk and was running very well. The problem of delays seams could be no name USB sticks.

28-04-2019, 06:27 AM,
I updated Super Mod at version 4.0 on first post, fixing some bugs found in meantime, increasing compatibility for Evolution and making compatible also with skins.
I fixed also the TTCMD without installation for Standard which had problems.

Enjoy.

28-04-2019, 21:34 PM,
Thanks for your work.
Does the upgrade.lgu from Supermodd patches the navigation system or installes a license that any map could be used ?
Or does NNGNAVI2.exe accept any maps?
19-08-2019, 10:53 AM,
The links for Supermod are dead. Anyone can re-upload?
27-10-2019, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-10-2019, 07:59 AM by NeeK.)
(28-04-2019, 21:34 PM)DnD Wrote:  Does the upgrade.lgu from Supermodd patches the navigation system or installes a license that any map could be used ?
Or does NNGNAVI2.exe accept any maps?

Yes it's unlocking the system and can install other licenses and maps for free.

(19-08-2019, 10:53 AM)ciprishor Wrote:  The links for Supermod are dead. Anyone can re-upload?

I am sorry but I didn't receive any notfication about new posts here and as I post it from so long time and didn't see any feedback, I believed there is no interest.
In meantime my account from Mega was blocked and now I remade the links with last version improved.

If someone can and wants to help with different translations, PM me and I will be happy include it.

25-03-2022, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 25-03-2022, 09:30 AM by atomantmk.)
RE: RENAULT/DACIA/VAUXHALL - Update MediaNav Maps free with Super Mod
Hi, after using of Super Mod on 4.1.0 navigation don't work because it's corrupted and after patching this popup is showing: Unlock failed. Unlocked file nngnavi_9.4.6.619758 does not exist.
NAV and MAP are greyed out!
What's the problem?

NBT EVO Apple CarPlay Full Screen, Navigation, Video in Motion, SSH, CP
EntryNav EVO Apple CarPlay, Navigation, CP, SSH, full FSC Pack
BMW FSC Retrofit CIC/NBT/EVO
8HP ISN Reset F Series Remote
Remote VAG Navigation Update, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Programming and Coding
[+] 1 user says Thank You to atomantmk for this post
25-03-2022, 10:02 AM,
RE: RENAULT/DACIA/VAUXHALL - Update MediaNav Maps free with Super Mod
What version of MN1 do you have?
For work is better to be in last 4.1.0, but anyway bigger then 4.0.6.
Also before write anything on USB stick, format fresh FAT32.
No the last, be carefull that those units MN1 in last time have big problems with memory and can fail working in any moment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E90 CIC SatNav Maps Update - Need some help BmwMerc 0 27 25-03-2024, 16:24 PM
Last Post: BmwMerc
ZTAudi Audi RMC Navigation Maps 2024 Europa atomantmk 4 544 17-03-2024, 20:28 PM
Last Post: Iceman87
PPeugeot RNEG/MyWay/Wipnav Premium East West Europe 2024v1 (Maps BMW) zaniak 7 1,976 14-03-2024, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Steve25
  MMI UPDATE HELP PLEASE Ecutech 1 93 13-03-2024, 23:10 PM
Last Post: skyrimzz
YTMercedes NTG3.5 North America Maps Mirarty 0 44 12-03-2024, 15:42 PM
Last Post: Mirarty
ORenult Renault Radio Code offline Calculator fiazhnd 251 96,323 09-03-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: REZON
  Dacia Duster 2019 Radio Locked ? Part code: 281158515R ASCII 16 592 07-03-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: ASCII
  RNS-315 with NAR maps change to EU maps Mr.Tester 6 258 04-03-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: zaniak
ZTAudi Audi MIB2 MHS2 2024 Navigation Maps daserds 6 594 03-03-2024, 22:00 PM
Last Post: m_fife
ZTAudi Audi MIB3 2024 Navigation Maps (+Porsche Lambo VW Touareg Bentley) daserds 4 376 02-03-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: cicoe