Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Comparing my ECU read with an original read from an other car
24-08-2018, 00:21 AM,
ZTAudi  Comparing my ECU read with an original read from an other car
Hi everyone,

I took a read from my Audi A3 8p1 (MED9.5) with MPPS v16 a couple of days ago.

I have been messing around with Winosl trying to learn the software and ECU mapping. I got an original dump from online for the same car and compared the two in Winosl.

I have noticed that the dump i have taking from my car is 70% different from the original from the other car same make and model i found online.

Could someone take a look at the two file that has some knowledge and tell my if my ECU has already been mapped or has MPPS v16 missed some of the data.

I would like to start learning from an untouched ECU. So if my readout has been messed around with before i purchased the car. I will flash it with the original i got online and start from there.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files
ECU Dumps.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 1 times
Size: 1.22 MB

Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2018, 00:55 AM,
RE: Comparing my ECU read with an original read from an other car
(24-08-2018, 00:21 AM)MrQuattro Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I have been messing around with Winosl trying to learn the software and ECU mapping. I got an original dump from online for the same car and compared the two in Winosl.

I have noticed that the dump i have taking from my car is 70% different from the original from the other car same make and model i found online.

Could someone take a look at the two file that has some knowledge and tell my if my ECU has already been mapped or has MPPS v16 missed some of the data.

I would like to start learning from an untouched ECU. So if my readout has been messed around with before i purchased the car. I will flash it with the original i got online and start from there.

Thanks in advance

they are 2 diferent files with difrent sw..your car file is original wink2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users say Thank You to rs@chip for this post
24-08-2018, 01:17 AM,
(24-08-2018, 00:55 AM)rs@chip Wrote:  

Thanks in advance

What do you mean by different software? Can the software be updated? Is it worth updating.

Can i write either file to the car?

Any links to somewhere i could read up on this?

Totally new to this.

Thanks
24-08-2018, 02:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-08-2018, 02:39 AM by rs@chip.)
(24-08-2018, 01:17 AM)MrQuattro Wrote:  

Thanks in advance

What do you mean by different software? Can the software be updated? Is it worth updating.

Totally new to this.

Thanks

Like I say on previus post its two diferent cars and softweres..NO! you cant write this file on your car becouse its diferent and sw no. dont match.look screenshot!
24-08-2018, 03:11 AM,
(24-08-2018, 02:38 AM)rs@chip Wrote:  
(24-08-2018, 01:17 AM)MrQuattro Wrote:  

Thanks in advance

Totally new to this.

Thanks

Like I say on previus post its two diferent cars and softweres..NO! you cant write this file on your car becouse its diferent and sw no. dont match.look screenshot!

I get it now thanks.

So the numbers under the MED9510/3/ would need to match and the numbers under the bosch would need to match as well.

Thanks for the info thumbsup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEED ORIGINAL FILE NISSAN CABSTAR tigre 0 8 Today, 10:03 AM
Last Post: tigre
KOpel Tool to read Denso Isuzu Opel Corsa ECUs MasterMulder 3 50 Today, 09:18 AM
Last Post: MasterMulder
JFiat searching original files MJET9DF F073F905_52143170 carmageddon1970 1 25 Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Last Post: carmageddon1970
  BMW 330i 231 HP MS 43 original file carmageddon1970 3 50 Yesterday, 11:21 AM
Last Post: carmageddon1970
  Who can rework ORIGINAL KESS V2 pluto2013 7 1,803 15-04-2024, 17:43 PM
Last Post: mdanilo
VToyota Looking for original dump Toyota land cruiser alclot 0 21 15-04-2024, 13:07 PM
Last Post: alclot
  Request original file VW Golf nemesis3290 0 57 13-04-2024, 13:42 PM
Last Post: nemesis3290
UNissan need for original file nissan juke 1.5 dci 110 hp sid 310 manueldord 5 100 13-04-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: manueldord
XZBMW Need help pls original file bmw f11 gaby1983 0 44 10-04-2024, 16:12 PM
Last Post: gaby1983
  need original file for ECU SID208 Boxer 2.2 2013 roanoke 0 52 04-04-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: roanoke